Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thing 1 said it was not fair that Thing 2 got to go to the dentist and he didn't, so Mom made an appt for him this week. Boy will he be sorry.
    Oh boy ... Thing 1 -- WHY?!? It's a trap!

Also, good to hear from you.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Maybe Teyla's IT learning curve could be the character I need... like a "Remember that time you found out there are 2 ctrl keys on your keyboard and you only need one hand to press Ctrl+P" ...or she would take it literal and press Ctrl + P...
      Lol, I like it!

SR- those twins are the absolute best. Thanks for sharing the smiles!

Comment

Oh boy ... Thing 1 -- WHY?!? It's a trap!

Also, good to hear from you.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
            TGIF! I is the big tired, lol. It might be time to treat myself to delivery for dinner and indulge in rewatching some of my favorite episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

TGIF! I is the big tired, lol. It might be time to treat myself to delivery for dinner and indulge in rewatching some of my favorite episodes.
              Which episodes are you going to watch?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                Now that sounds like a plan!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So, FH, did you watch Eurovision? I feel like I watched it from everyone posting it on Tumblr.

We're supposed to do one in the US and I made my predictions on Tumblr, but I want to make them here too so I can gloat smugly if I'm right. The Northeast and West coast will do flamboyant Eurovision style songs, while the South will do patriotic country songs. California or Texas will win. And my Rhode Island will end up in the bottom 10.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    So, FH, did you watch Eurovision? I feel like I watched it from everyone posting it on Tumblr.
                    Half of the songs... because during the second half of them we were on the road home. I did catch the scoring and oh boy, that's always so much fun.

The burn of the United Kingdom getting zero points from both the professional judges and the public. BURN!!

And our Belgians getting a reality check -- goddess, Alex Callier from Hooverphonic thought they could get top 5... so all of us are really LOL'ing that he almost got what he wanted, FROM THE BOTTOM UP!! He's not particularly liked very much. They pulled a dirty one a couple of months ago by kicking out their lead singer and getting their old one back for the contest. They regurlarly switch lead singers -- it's their thing.

My favorites (of the ones I saw) were Malta, Finland and Switzerland.

Comment

Half of the songs... because during the second half of them we were on the road home. I did catch the scoring and oh boy, that's always so much fun.

The burn of the United Kingdom getting zero points from both the professional judges and the public. BURN!!
                      One of my friends online is from the UK and she was saying they are always last (the zero score gave her a big chuckle). Another person told me that the US tried to enter but you wouldn't let us. Good for you! I love my country, I do, but we would ruin it. I still think it's weird that Australia is part of it, though.

And our Belgians getting a reality check -- goddess, Alex Callier from Hooverphonic thought they could get top 5... so all of us are really LOL'ing that he almost got what he wanted, FROM THE BOTTOM UP!! He's not particularly liked very much. They pulled a dirty one a couple of months ago by kicking out their lead singer and getting their old one back for the contest. They regurlarly switch lead singers -- it's their thing.

My favorites (of the ones I saw) were Malta, Finland and Switzerland.
                      I'm glad you're not upset about losing! Maybe you need to get another group next time? I don't know how all that works.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Eurovision...I only really notice it after it's over.

One of my friends online is from the UK and she was saying they are always last (the zero score gave her a big chuckle). Another person told me that the US tried to enter but you wouldn't let us. Good for you! I love my country, I do, but we would ruin it. I still think it's weird that Australia is part of it, though.
                        According to someone on Reddit, Australia was invited for some anniversary, and they took it so seriously that they keep being invited back. Dunno if that's true, though.

Comment

I still think it's weird that Australia is part of it, though.
                          Scary Kitty is correct. Australia was invited during the 60th edition to perform during the time between voting and scoring. It was supposed to be a one off event but the song contest is incredibly popular down under so they kept coming back for more.

Israel isn't part of Europe either, remember. They can compete because they are a member of the EBU, the European Broadcasting Union.

I'm glad you're not upset about losing!
                          Far from it, I was hoping they would be last cause the lead guy is so totally full of himself that it would have been a good lesson in being a bit more humble. But alas... though only 3 points from the European public made up for it.

Maybe you need to get another group next time? I don't know how all that works.
                          Let me explain... ...it's easier to explain how we pick our Eurovision candidates than it is explaining our political landscape.

Belgium is a bilingual country, Flanders in the north and Walloon in the South. There's a small German part in the east but in the area of Eurovision they are stuck together with the French part of Belgium.

We alternate which part of the country gets to send a representative. One year, it's Flanders, the next it's Walloon. Sometimes, there's a contest and the public gets a say in which singer or band gets to go, and sometimes the largest broadcasting company decides.

In the case of Hooverphonic, they were picked by the broadcasting company of Flanders, so next year, when we go to Rome for the 66th edition, it'll be the French side of Belgium who gets to send a representative so chances are they'll be singing in French.

It should be noted, by the way, that Belgium has won the contest once... in 1986 we won with a French song. However, the organization of the contest is so bloody expensive that it could actually ruin a tiny country like ours.

Hence why every year, we're saying we don't want to win it cause it's too expensive to organize.

Comment

It should be noted, by the way, that Belgium has won the contest once... in 1986 we won with a French song. However, the organization of the contest is so bloody expensive that it could actually ruin a tiny country like ours.

Hence why every year, we're saying we don't want to win it cause it's too expensive to organize.
                            Thanks for the explanation! I saw some memes about Italy's finance minister freaking out over the cost of hosting next year.

Comment

I'm watching The Storm right now. Elizabeth's "so you want to build a windmill" still cracks me up.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Thanks for the explanation! I saw some memes about Italy's finance minister freaking out over the cost of hosting next year.
                                And we all thought the Olympics was expensive...

I'm watching The Storm right now. Elizabeth's "so you want to build a windmill" still cracks me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X