No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second tooth on the top left was cracked, and today it broke. So now I have a little gap. I feel like I should be in Deliverance or something. *bango strings*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Do you have an idea of how long the course of treatment will last? You do have family near you, right? Good support for this journey? I remember talking about the littles in your fam recently. I think the hardest thing is asking others for support. I struggle with that, even with my family. I am stubbornly independent. I don't like having to rely on others or even accept assistance when offered if I don't necessarily need it but it would make my life easier. I'm doing well and am kind of enjoying my battle scar. Next bloodwork check in a month.
    Well, after the surgery I wait about a month, then do about a month's worth of radiation. I don't know if I'll have to take a drug like tamoxifen or not. That would be after radiation and last a few years. But like I said, I'm not sure if I'll have to do that or not.

Yes, I have family in the area. My sister went to Boston with me. She's semi-retired right now so she's been taking me everywhere.

I know what you mean about being independent though. I'm the same way. I hate it when I have to ask my brother or sister for things. I'd rather handle it all myself.

I'm glad you're doing well.

Originally posted by Southern Redx View Post
    Oh, it's standard all right. They never miss an opportunity to show things in closeup that would normally be off screen, even in an R-rated show. But if you always wanted to see Karl Urban naked, this is the show for you. Most of it is completely unnecessary also. That first shocking scene when the nice guy and his sweet girlfriend were just chatting on the street and then WHAM could have been handled in a bunch of different ways that wouldn't keep people awake nights.
    Oh dear. I have a bad feeling about this. Oh Goran, what I put up with for you.

So, is the you-know-what on GH gonna stick, or will Joe be back?

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having an awesome Smutty Tuesday!

Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Oh, it's standard all right. They never miss an opportunity to show things in closeup that would normally be off screen, even in an R-rated show. But if you always wanted to see Karl Urban naked, this is the show for you. Most of it is completely unnecessary also. That first shocking scene when the nice guy and his sweet girlfriend were just chatting on the street and then WHAM could have been handled in a bunch of different ways that wouldn't keep people awake nights.
      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Yep, it's all about the beefcake.

Right? Baby goats are so cute. I am going camping with llamas next month, lol. Well, on a llama farm. Apparently this crew is well socialized, not aggressive and don't have a tendency to spit that they are known for. There is a llama yoga session as well. Goat yoga was on the agenda (different trip) until I saw videos when they mention the "blessings" you will most likely get showered with. I'm going to have to think on that one
      OMG.

I keep thinking on all the fun careers I've discovered in adulthood now that it's popped into my mind. My favorite is the retirement plan I have with one of my dearest friends. We envision a lakeside commune animal rescue where we make cheese/wine/beer. The products will all have fun animal names or themes. Like cheese with a skunk label.
      There's actually a winery called Goats Do Roam. (a pun on "Cotes du Rhone") Wine humor is a thing. No kidding.

My second tooth on the top left was cracked, and today it broke. So now I have a little gap. I feel like I should be in Deliverance or something. *bango strings*
      Ouch! Sounds like this should be Whump Tuesday!

Well, after the surgery I wait about a month, then do about a month's worth of radiation. I don't know if I'll have to take a drug like tamoxifen or not. That would be after radiation and last a few years. But like I said, I'm not sure if I'll have to do that or not.

Yes, I have family in the area. My sister went to Boston with me. She's semi-retired right now so she's been taking me everywhere.

I know what you mean about being independent though. I'm the same way. I hate it when I have to ask my brother or sister for things. I'd rather handle it all myself.

I'm glad you're both doing well. *hugs JT-2 and Zandra's Ashes*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll keep you in my prayers for your treatment. Health issues are never easy to endure.

On GH, you never know with soaps but Joe is going to be on Jason's show See on Apple TV at some point, so he may be moving on.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Farscape is on Amazon Prime! I have the DVDs, but my house has been sabotaged and I currently can't work any of the DVD players. On my to fix list...

OMG- right? That was just twisted. And I kind of dig Karl Urban. I could support that kind of viewing

Glad you have support. Keep us posted!

I was seeing tweets that made it seemed like the fans had warmed up to Joe on GH. I wondered if his exit was unusually colorful because he wanted out. Punishment, lol. I can see Goran fitting in nicely with The Boys, lol. He is full of character.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having an awesome Smutty Tuesday!

There's actually a winery called Goats Do Roam. (a pun on "Cotes du Rhone") Wine humor is a thing. No kidding.

Ouch! Sounds like this should be Whump Tuesday!

Thanks! And that wine humor link is great. I'll have to keep my eye out next time I hit the wine mega mart.

I'll keep you in my prayers for your treatment. Health issues are never easy to endure.

On GH, you never know with soaps but Joe is going to be on Jason's show See on Apple TV at some point, so he may be moving on.
            Ohhh, I did see that Joe was doing that. I also saw the new Dune preview. I'd no idea Jason had a role.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Thanks! And that wine humor link is great. I'll have to keep my eye out next time I hit the wine mega mart.
              Ahhh, wine shopping. So much fun trying new things.

Ohhh, I did see that Joe was doing that. I also saw the new Dune preview. I'd no idea Jason had a role.
              Ohhh, that Dune trailer looked fabulous! And Joe's gonna be in it? Whoa!

Comment

Ohhh, that Dune trailer looked fabulous! And Joe's gonna be in it? Whoa!
                Wait, what? Now I'm confused. I don't see Joe among the Cast of Dune but he is supposed to appear in S2 of See with Jason on Apple TV.

Mr. SR and I are from the original Dune generation and I don't know how they are going to top the first movie, but the trailer looks good. That was one of those books we read a hundred years ago and wondered if they were ever going to make a movie. Then they did and now it's come around again.
                sigpic

Comment

*glomps you*

Thank you for the prayers. My surgery is now scheduled for next Wednesday. I could have waited a bit but I just want to get this over with.

Farscape is on Amazon Prime! I have the DVDs, but my house has been sabotaged and I currently can't work any of the DVD players. On my to fix list...
                  Yay!!! I haven't seen that in some time. I had bought my mom the DVDs but she was very good at destroying them.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Wait, what? Now I'm confused. I don't see Joe among the Cast of Dune but he is supposed to appear in S2 of See with Jason on Apple TV.

Mr. SR and I are from the original Dune generation and I don't know how they are going to top the first movie, but the trailer looks good. That was one of those books we read a hundred years ago and wondered if they were ever going to make a movie. Then they did and now it's come around again.
                    Whoops, yeah my bad, Joe's in See, not Dune. I got my reply wires crossed, LOL.

On the subject of Dune, I looked a little more into this new version, and apparently they're splitting it into two movies? So this first movie is only going to get halfway through the book. Good call; there's no way to cram the entire thing into only two hours and have it turn out anywhere close to decent.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Whoops, yeah my bad, Joe's in See, not Dune. I got my reply wires crossed, LOL.

On the subject of Dune, I looked a little more into this new version, and apparently they're splitting it into two movies? So this first movie is only going to get halfway through the book. Good call; there's no way to cram the entire thing into only two hours and have it turn out anywhere close to decent.
                      Good to know. Now let's just hope they actually follow the book. Mr SR and I decided we need to reread the book and rewatch the first movie before the new one comes out. I think we have time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Good to know. Now let's just hope they actually follow the book. Mr SR and I decided we need to reread the book and rewatch the first movie before the new one comes out. I think we have time.
                        Yeah, especially if the release gets pushed back like so many others have...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

The NFL has started again. I'm watching the Patriots and the Dolphins right now. The fake crowd noise is very distracting. So very fake.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The NFL has started again. I'm watching the Patriots and the Dolphins right now. The fake crowd noise is very distracting. So very fake.
                              OMG, they're pumping in fake crowd noise? I know some teams do that during practice games to get themselves ready, but wow. Guess they've got to do something to get amped up during the real thing.

Comment

OMG, they're pumping in fake crowd noise? I know some teams do that during practice games to get themselves ready, but wow. Guess they've got to do something to get amped up during the real thing.
                                Yeah, they did it for all the games I watched. It was really annoying. I suppose it would be weird to hear nothing, but... I don't know, the fake noise was just irritating me.

All my teams did as I wanted. My local team (Patriots) and my childhood chosen team (Raiders) both won. And Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski of Tampa lost. Yes, I am that bitter of a person.

Comment

Working...
                                X