No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    About a month until my trip. The weather here is starting to get cooler... sorta. Anyway, I am very much looking forward to fall.
    Ugh, weather here is warm and very smoky from all the fires across the border in Canada. The bit of cooler temperatures and rain we're supposed to get this weekend can't come soon enough.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Yup, my previous team lead... who is a lot more accommodating and trusts her teammembers to get the job done, correctly and in the time they put aside for it. She rarely, if ever, came to stick her nose in to demand that we stick to a certain timetable. We were free to be creative thinkers and come up with solutions to benefit the company.

That's currently being snubbed.

And unfortunately, they already know she's rigid and un-accommodating so I simply still don't understand how we end up with her. How our newly formed team ever came close to be part of her domain -- I mean, she doesn't even understand, nor does she pretend to understand, it is that we do. *shrug*
    Geeze, they know how much of a stick in the mud she is and they still put you two with her? That is so messed up.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Unfortunately, that was exactly how it felt thanks to my team lead who messed up my schedule by adding things that weren't supposed to be in there. If it's not her timetable, it's simply not going to be happening. Her way or no way.

So, you can imagine... we are bound to clash since she has no business controling my time table, especially she hasn't the first clue what it is I'm supposed to do for everyone. She doesn't understand the job that I do.

* colleague and I were a recent addition to her team but we don't do the same tasks as what they do and so she's unfamiliar with our time tables.
      Ugh. That sounds like such a grind. That's the kind of thing that makes work "work" instead of a career. I'm guessing the odds are against it, but I hope this week is going better.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I've only ever flown twice (it was a round trip). It was...interesting. I suppose it might have been better if we were in first class, but I still prefer driving, or the train.
      I fly frequently enough that I really should be better about it, but when I was 12, I was flying to LA and our plane lost an engine as we were flying over the Grand Canyon. We limped into a nearby airport with no dramatic landing or anything, but it's stuck with me. I have a Xanax prescription just for my international flights. I do better flying over land- at least there is a chance to divert, but at sea? I'm already getting nervous, the next long haul is just in a few weeks.

About a month until my trip. The weather here is starting to get cooler... sorta. Anyway, I am very much looking forward to fall.
      You and me both! I'm already being uncharacteristically domesticated (it never lasts), updating my door wreath and planning outdoor decor and Halloween fun. Where are you heading to for your trip?
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Oh goddess, the disappointment when you realize you've missed a whole day...
        Yup, you got that right!!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Glad you had a mostly good time. And why does flying never get easier? I put on a good face, but I'm white knuckling the armrest as soon as we hit the littlest bit of turbulence.
        I'm mostly worried on take offs and landings for some reason, as well as turbulence. One time coming back from a trip to Atlanta we landed with a huge thud and the whole plane screamed.

It's cooled off here too. I am absolutely looking forward to fall!! Where are you going?

Yup, my previous team lead... who is a lot more accommodating and trusts her teammembers to get the job done, correctly and in the time they put aside for it. She rarely, if ever, came to stick her nose in to demand that we stick to a certain timetable. We were free to be creative thinkers and come up with solutions to benefit the company.

That's currently being snubbed.

And unfortunately, they already know she's rigid and un-accommodating so I simply still don't understand how we end up with her. How our newly formed team ever came close to be part of her domain -- I mean, she doesn't even understand, nor does she pretend to understand, it is that we do. *shrug*
        Okay that really sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

I fly frequently enough that I really should be better about it, but when I was 12, I was flying to LA and our plane lost an engine as we were flying over the Grand Canyon. We limped into a nearby airport with no dramatic landing or anything, but it's stuck with me. I have a Xanax prescription just for my international flights. I do better flying over land- at least there is a chance to divert, but at sea? I'm already getting nervous, the next long haul is just in a few weeks.
        OMG, that's so scary! Yeah my friend that I went with had more trouble when we were over water for that exact reason.

Comment

Geeze, they know how much of a stick in the mud she is and they still put you two with her? That is so messed up.
          I think they secretly hope that we can turn that team around and get her to be less of an ice-queen.

The first thing our new teammember told us, after only a few weeks, was that she didn't understand how we ended up with her as teamlead cause we didn't fit inside her proverbial box. And we so don't... we do our own thing... make fun, and have a laugh (which the others don't dare to do when she's around cause she's like a dominatrix -- they're all good little slaves).

Today, she wasn't at work -- apparently it was her birthday... AND I WAS PARTYING IT UP BECAUSE SHE WASN'T THERE.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glad JT-2 had a good vacay and made it home safe.

I read all your posts about flying and am sorry you're not all as happy a flyer as I am. I hate planes for the crowding and noise but love the actual up in the air part. And there's nothing I like better than a helicopter trip, swooping and dipping and getting a close look at waterfalls and canyons. John Sheppard and I would have been besties.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I think they secretly hope that we can turn that team around and get her to be less of an ice-queen.

The first thing our new teammember told us, after only a few weeks, was that she didn't understand how we ended up with her as teamlead cause we didn't fit inside her proverbial box. And we so don't... we do our own thing... make fun, and have a laugh (which the others don't dare to do when she's around cause she's like a dominatrix -- they're all good little slaves).
              The bosses clearly don't know what they're in for...

Today, she wasn't at work -- apparently it was her birthday... AND I WAS PARTYING IT UP BECAUSE SHE WASN'T THERE.
              YEEHAW! PARTY TIME!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I read all your posts about flying and am sorry you're not all as happy a flyer as I am. I hate planes for the crowding and noise but love the actual up in the air part. And there's nothing I like better than a helicopter trip, swooping and dipping and getting a close look at waterfalls and canyons. John Sheppard and I would have been besties.
              I'm the same way. I love being up in the air and seeing everything from such a different perspective too. It's just the wretched cattle call circus at the airport I can't stand. I swear, if I ever win the lottery, it's gonna be private jets only. No more TSA shenanigans for me!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was starting to cool, but it got warm again. I'm going to Illinois- Chicago for museums, and Springfield for visiting.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yay, the weather's finally changing and the wind is blowing all that nasty smoke back into Canada where it came from! I can see blue sky again!

It was starting to cool, but it got warm again. I'm going to Illinois- Chicago for museums, and Springfield for visiting.
                  Sounds like a fun time! Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

OMG it's RAINING! HOORAY!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Glad JT-2 had a good vacay and made it home safe.

I would fly anywhere with John Sheppard, though it still wouldn't make for a relaxing flight as I would still be all kinds of bothered...but in a good way.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The bosses clearly don't know what they're in for...
                            YEEHAW! PARTY TIME!

I'm the same way. I love being up in the air and seeing everything from such a different perspective too. It's just the wretched cattle call circus at the airport I can't stand. I swear, if I ever win the lottery, it's gonna be private jets only. No more TSA shenanigans for me!
                            Hmmm. I feel like it's always those small private jets that we see crashing more. Maybe it's just my local news carriers dramatizing it up.

Chicago is one of my favorite cities to eat in! They do have nice museums, and I love Adler Planetarium. Should be a great time of year to go, after some of the worst of the summer heat but before the deep freeze of winter.

A thought occurred to me as I'm typing this out- Am I starting to sound like McKay? I sure could have used some of his sunscreen yesterday.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yay, the weather's finally changing and the wind is blowing all that nasty smoke back into Canada where it came from! I can see blue sky again!

Sounds like a fun time! Enjoy your trip!
                            What a relief that must be for you. It's always creepy when you can see and smell the smoke. It's been two years since one was close to us, and even when it was 35 miles away, it was way, way too close.
                            Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 27 August 2018, 12:55 PM. Reason: Because....Monday.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yesterday's sunday was monday and today it's tuesday... I feel like we're days apart now.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I would fly anywhere with John Sheppard, though it still wouldn't make for a relaxing flight as I would still be all kinds of bothered...but in a good way.

Hmmm. I feel like it's always those small private jets that we see crashing more. Maybe it's just my local news carriers dramatizing it up.
                                Could be, most of the small planes I hear about crashing are the little propeller-types, not the jets. And it sure seems the news does love dramatizing everything for shock value these days.

Chicago is one of my favorite cities to eat in! They do have nice museums, and I love Adler Planetarium. Should be a great time of year to go, after some of the worst of the summer heat but before the deep freeze of winter.

A thought occurred to me as I'm typing this out- Am I starting to sound like McKay? I sure could have used some of his sunscreen yesterday.
                                "starting to sound like McKay" OMGLMAO! Ouch about the sunburn though, that's never fun.

What a relief that must be for you. It's always creepy when you can see and smell the smoke. It's been two years since one was close to us, and even when it was 35 miles away, it was way, way too close.
                                We've never had one that close, but when we were still down in SoCal, there were a couple in the foothills north of LA and in Riverside a few years back that made the whole area just as smoky. If you got up on a hill with a clear view to the north and east (or hell, the giant parking structure at Disneyland), you could see the plume from the ground up into the air. Freaky stuff.

Yesterday's sunday was monday and today it's tuesday... I feel like we're days apart now.

Comment

Working...
                                X