Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten
    Ah, that's a discussion I've been hoping to see played out in a fic!
    Spoiler:
    We knw John's initial reaction to learning that only a few hours had passed outside the field, but he was a bit stunned by the events at that point. How did he reflect on it later? Did he still harbor resentment, or did he come to fully understand that they were rushing to find him? I'd love to see a fic that addresses that, and possibly a discussion between Liz and John about just why he lost that trust so quickly... /plot bunny
    Spoiler:
    but.. I don't think he lost his trust in her! That would be so silly. He might have been shocked that only a few hours have passed, true, but he should get over it by now. In fact, I think he did. In Critical Mass he was acting normally as far as I could tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      What an interesting post. I always enjoy your thoughts on John because he's honestly been a bit more difficult for me to get a handle on.
      Its called. .lack of backstory.

Read an interview with JF recently (and can't remember where I found it - I thought it was at scifi.com, but now I can't find it) where he said the question he is asked the most is, "What is Sheppard's backstory?" He seemed a bit puzzled why fans were so interested in Shep's history and said eventually TPTB were going to have to deal with it.

That tells me TPTB still have no solid backstory for Sheppard. They don't seem to realize that scifi fans have BRAINS and want more than "the pretty" in their characters.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        Spoiler:
        but.. I don't think he lost his trust in her! That would be so silly. He might have been shocked that only a few hours have passed, true, but he should get over it by now. In fact, I think he did. In Critical Mass he was acting normally as far as I could tell.
        Spoiler:
        Right, I don't think he'd lose his trust in her completely, not by a long shot. But you know when something bad happens, and you initially get upset about it, and then later you generally see it all in perspective. But for awhile, there's still at least that nagging feeling at the back of your mind... I think John's good at hiding most of his feelings when he wants to, anyways! Still, I think it'd be nice to see him talking it out with Liz (or maybe sharing a part of his past that influenced his feelings of abandonment ) afterwards, maybe on a balcony...
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

thanx for welcomes!
          I;m from VA too! What part are you from?
          fredericksburg

what about you?

Comment

er,..Fairfax Country.
            Hey FoolishPleasure is also from VA!

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            Spoiler:
            Right, I don't think he'd lose his trust in her completely, not by a long shot. But you know when something bad happens, and you initially get upset about it, and then later you generally see it all in perspective. But for awhile, there's still at least that nagging feeling at the back of your mind... I think John's good at hiding most of his feelings when he wants to, anyways! Still, I think it'd be nice to see him talking it out with Liz (or maybe sharing a part of his past that influenced his feelings of abandonment ) afterwards, maybe on a balcony...
            ah ok I got it. Yea I know the feeling!

FoolishPleasure, they will have to make a backstory, lol
            Suddenly, I'm appreciating Lost flashbacks
            We could have a few flashbacks per season in Atlantis too. Wouldn't hurt, would it?
            Last edited by Erised; 09 December 2005, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
              How did I forget Sam and Jack and Mac and Harm??? Thanks for the reminder.
              And yes, there are a couple of us around here who love Scarecrow and Mrs King. Actually, Trupi, who hangs on the Sam/Jack thread loves the show, too! She and I have chatted about it!
              For me for the moment though, it's all Shep/Weir. It's been so long since we had SG1 on tv here, that Sam/Jack has taken a backseat (though I do post there too)
              Can't wait for the new Atlantis eps to go to air and for you guys who get to see them to analyse them within an inch of their lives for those of us who are less fortunate!
              How could I have forgotten Lee and Amanda? The morning after every ep. I was on the school bus and sat next to this girl who loved them too. I was squeeing before I even knew what squeeing was.

Stargate is the first fandom I've ever been so much a part of. Gateworld is my first message board and Shep/Weir is the first ship I've ever been so interested in.

Comment

er,..Fairfax Country.
                Loudoun County

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Loudoun County
                  cool its nice to meet some other virginians on the thread!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                    How could I have forgotten Lee and Amanda? The morning after every ep. I was on the school bus and sat next to this girl who loved them too. I was squeeing before I even knew what squeeing was.

Stargate is the first fandom I've ever been so much a part of. Gateworld is my first message board and Shep/Weir is the first ship I've ever been so interested in.
                    Ahh. Lee and Amanda. They were so cool. I saw the amazing Kate Jackson on a couple of eps of Third Watch, and she's still one of my favourites. She was brilliant, of course!!

As for message boards --- I'm the same. This is the first one I've ever been on, and Shep/Weir was my first place to post. I don't know why I haven't done this before.... I guess I just hadn't discovered the right place yet! Maybe I also hadn't been inspired enough by anything before!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      Loudoun County
                      oh wow! so close!
                      too bad snow is melting huh?

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                        cool its nice to meet some other virginians on the thread!!!!
                        I think Southern Red is in Virginia somewhere too. Bama is from. . .'Bama, but that's part of the South, so she's one of us. *LOL*

As for flashbacks - SG1 used them this year to give us Mitchell's background, so it would work.

Comment

Well I guess Virginia is for Sheppard/Weir Lovers then huh!!!!!!!!

Comment

er,..Fairfax Country.

ah ok I got it. Yea I know the feeling!

FoolishPleasure, they will have to make a backstory, lol
                            Suddenly, I'm appreciating Lost flashbacks
                            We could have a few flashbacks per season in Atlantis too. Wouldn't hurt, would it?
                            I'm from Fairfax Co also. Springfield to be exact and my son lives in Loudoun (Ashburn). Wow, the Northern Virginia Sparky Club.

I'm glad I sparked hee such a good discussion. I think John did quickly get over his annoyance with getting left. Again, his way of not dealing with things. Gone, forgotten, like it never happened. Along with
                            Spoiler:
                            the hippies and the girl. BTW, has Carson checked him for STD's lately. Just wonderin'.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

oh wow! so close!
                              too bad snow is melting huh?

Now I'm all jealous that you people get snow.... I've only seen snow a couple of times in my life. Grrrrrr! Then again, we do have a long, hot summer on the way, according to the weather bureau, so that could be fun

Hey. Wonder if they have seasons on Atlantis......

Comment

Conversion was a good episode, very like Heroes or Paridise Lost in SG1. the writers brought out that side in Weir that has feelings for Sheppard that is stronger than friendship.
                                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Working...
                                X