No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So, saw Ant-Man and The Wasp yesterday. OMG what an awesomely hilarious ball of fun!

Just...
    Spoiler:
    ...if you haven't seen Infinity War yet, leave as soon as the credits start, don't watch the mid- and post-credits scenes.
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 07 July 2018, 08:22 AM. Reason: spoiler warning ahoy!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      He looks the spitting image of my aunt's cat Kulderzipke, or Zip for short. He died last year at a ripe old age. She's now the proud owner of a ragdoll named Noa, who nibbled on a lilly flower and poisoned herself into near kidney failure two weeks ago. It was touch and go but she pulled through.... phew...
      I'm so glad Noa is alright!! That's crazy that a little nibble of a flower could do that.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      We liked Lucifer. Tom Ellis is perfect in the role. I didn't get into the ship on that one however because I didn't see the chemistry but still enjoyed it.
      Thanks, I do think I'll check it out.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

So, saw Ant-Man and The Wasp yesterday. OMG what an awesomely hilarious ball of fun!

Just...
      Spoiler:
      ...if you haven't seen Infinity War yet, leave as soon as the credits start, don't watch the mid- and post-credits scenes.
      Maybe I'll go see that this week. Either that or The Incredibles 2. I haven't seen Infinity War but I know the basic plot. When will Infinity War come out on DVD?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Maybe I'll go see that this week. Either that or The Incredibles 2. I haven't seen Infinity War but I know the basic plot. When will Infinity War come out on DVD?
        IW goes to digital download first, on July 31, then Blu-ray/DVD on August 14.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We saw Incredibles 2 this week. It was seriously adorable with the best baby ever.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Infinity War is definitely worth seeing in cinema, in my opinion. It is now a record holder for movie I've seen the most times in theaters. I think it would probably have to be my favorite movie of the year.

I saw the Incredibles 2 as well. That was a lot of fun too.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I thought IW was boring...

Definitely should have waited until it was downloadable to check it out.

Titanic still holds my cinema-going record to this date. However, with the prices of tickets these days, going to the cinema once is more than enough. It's just way too expensive.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'm...actually not sure what movie holds my most-views-in-theater record. I know I saw Atlantis: The Lost Empire four times, but I don't remember if I saw Tron: Legacy four times or just three. Pretty sure I saw Iron Man 3 three times.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'm...actually not sure what movie holds my most-views-in-theater record. I know I saw Atlantis: The Lost Empire four times, but I don't remember if I saw Tron: Legacy four times or just three. Pretty sure I saw Iron Man 3 three times.
                  Will I get chased out of the thread if I say I don't recall ever seeing any movie more than once in the theater? Mr. SR likes to rewatch them on DVD but I can name all the ones on one hand and have fingers left over that I want to see more than once.
                  sigpic

Comment

So...I saw Creation is doing a Salute to Stargate next year. If I remember correctly, there were some issues with their cons, though, yes? No? My memory is hazy. It might be time for me to bite the bullet and try to go to SDCC or NYCC next year. I don't even want to know what the lines are like to get into those Marvel panels, but I'd have a year to mentally prepare myself for the endless lines of panels and photo ops.

Just...
                    Spoiler:
                    I wanted to go see it! Dear (read damn) hubby vetoed it for the crowds. I'd go alone, I travel alone for work and I have no issues whatsoever going anywhere by myself, but...he broke out the pouty face. I'm such a sucker.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I saw Thor Ragnarok I think 3 times, and Star Wars The Last Jedi twice. But that's a new thing for me. I don't usually see something in the theater more than once. I do rewatch them a lot once I get them on DVD though.

IW goes to digital download first, on July 31, then Blu-ray/DVD on August 14.
                      Gracias!

We saw Incredibles 2 this week. It was seriously adorable with the best baby ever.
                      I've heard that from someone else. I think I'll pick that one to see.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Infinity War is definitely worth seeing in cinema, in my opinion. It is now a record holder for movie I've seen the most times in theaters. I think it would probably have to be my favorite movie of the year.

I saw the Incredibles 2 as well. That was a lot of fun too.
                      I just can't sit for that long in the theater. My back gets too sore. So it's DVD for me.

Will I get chased out of the thread if I say I don't recall ever seeing any movie more than once in the theater? Mr. SR likes to rewatch them on DVD but I can name all the ones on one hand and have fingers left over that I want to see more than once.
                      You don't rewatch movies? Wow. Did you rewatch SGA?

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      So...I saw Creation is doing a Salute to Stargate next year. If I remember correctly, there were some issues with their cons, though, yes? No? My memory is hazy. It might be time for me to bite the bullet and try to go to SDCC or NYCC next year. I don't even want to know what the lines are like to get into those Marvel panels, but I'd have a year to mentally prepare myself for the endless lines of panels and photo ops.
                      Ah, that reminds me of the Stargate Creation con I went to in Chicago. How many years ago was that? Hmmm.... my mom was alive so it's over 5 years ago now. Maybe 8 years ago? I suck at remembering dates. Irish Eyes and I had a great time. Cons are fun. People watching at them is delicious. Although you cringe at some of the questions that get asked.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      I wanted to go see it! Dear (read damn) hubby vetoed it for the crowds. I'd go alone, I travel alone for work and I have no issues whatsoever going anywhere by myself, but...he broke out the pouty face. I'm such a sucker.
                      Sucker!! I don't mind going to movies by myself. I haven't mastered eating alone in a restaurant though.

Comment

For the record, Infinity War is the joint record holder with The Phantom Menace and The Warcraft movie, at five. I know that's a pretty random collection of films, but that's how it worked out.

I've found I enjoy the general theatre going experience more these days, so that's part of why I go so often.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

You don't rewatch movies? Wow. Did you rewatch SGA?
                          I do rewatch, usually with Mr. SR. I just don't go more than once to the theater. And I rewatched SGA more times than I can count, but that's an exception.

Ah, that reminds me of the Stargate Creation con I went to in Chicago. How many years ago was that? Hmmm.... my mom was alive so it's over 5 years ago now. Maybe 8 years ago? I suck at remembering dates. Irish Eyes and I had a great time. Cons are fun. People watching at them is delicious. Although you cringe at some of the questions that get asked.
                          I did the Creation con in 2010 in Chicago. I think the problem with Creation is that they put so many restrictions on the guests. They hurry you along and usually don't allow personalized autographs. Some of the guests ignore the rules but you still feel rushed. Agree about the questions that make you wonder if some of the attendees ever watched the show. Some of them are also just embarrassing for the guests.
                          sigpic

Comment

I do rewatch, usually with Mr. SR. I just don't go more than once to the theater. And I rewatched SGA more times than I can count, but that's an exception.
                            I was gonna say... if YOU watched Vegas only once, I'd have to kick you off the thread.

I did the Creation con in 2010 in Chicago. I think the problem with Creation is that they put so many restrictions on the guests. They hurry you along and usually don't allow personalized autographs. Some of the guests ignore the rules but you still feel rushed. Agree about the questions that make you wonder if some of the attendees ever watched the show. Some of them are also just embarrassing for the guests.
                            Yeah it very much feels like a cattle call type of thing. You're shuffled from thing to thing with no time to actually enjoy it. Although I remember Torri being really sweet and telling me she liked my "Bermuda Rum Bum" t-shirt. It doesn't take much to make me happy. And Joe, the poor thing, looked like a deer in the headlights, which I appreciated because it's gotta be a hard job especially if you're not very outgoing. The other thing that stood out was how incredibly skinny all the actors were. Honestly, they are skinny little things. Jewel was pint sized.

Comment

I was gonna say... if YOU watched Vegas only once, I'd have to kick you off the thread.
                              Err...

...maybe....
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

LOL, yeah I normally only see movies in the theater once. I make rare exceptions for some, though.

Yeah it very much feels like a cattle call type of thing. You're shuffled from thing to thing with no time to actually enjoy it. Although I remember Torri being really sweet and telling me she liked my "Bermuda Rum Bum" t-shirt. It doesn't take much to make me happy. And Joe, the poor thing, looked like a deer in the headlights, which I appreciated because it's gotta be a hard job especially if you're not very outgoing. The other thing that stood out was how incredibly skinny all the actors were. Honestly, they are skinny little things. Jewel was pint sized.
                                Agreed on the rushed cattle call aspect of the Creation cons. Of course, other cons like SDCC can feel rushed and crowded as well. The plus side to the Creation cons is that you will get your autograph/photo op (which is no doubt why they feel so rushed, they're trying to get everyone through), and the premium seats are reserved, so you don't have to hunt for a place to sit (you still do with general tickets, but there's always room back there). It's a trade off.

Comment

Working...
                                X