No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy tuesday... If wednesday continues this way, I'm gonna be in jail for murder by thursday morning.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My Tuesday got better. I caught the end of the Princess Bride on SyFy when I signed off from work. I have it on DVD and it's on TV often enough, but there's something about catching it on SyFy that makes me smile every dang time I see it. Good movie.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

No murders occurred as of yet... but the day isn't at an end... and javascripting isn't going as well as it should either... so I might still have need for a lawyer later.

Comment

Later that same day -- anyone know a good defense lawyer...

Colleagues -- sometimes you just want to strangle them.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            My Tuesday got better. I caught the end of the Princess Bride on SyFy when I signed off from work. I have it on DVD and it's on TV often enough, but there's something about catching it on SyFy that makes me smile every dang time I see it. Good movie.
            Hee! I used to have it on DVD but donated it (and a lot of other stuff) when we moved (less to move that way LOL). Really need to get the Blu-ray.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            No murders occurred as of yet... but the day isn't at an end... and javascripting isn't going as well as it should either... so I might still have need for a lawyer later.

I'd suggest what would the Dread Pirate Roberts do, but maybe that's not such a great idea...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I'd suggest what would the Dread Pirate Roberts do, but maybe that's not such a great idea...
              Probably not.

And the workday ended on an absolute high note when one of my favorite colleagues asked me if I was aware that Sales and Marketing has decided that all forms need a new lay out. I JUST REDID THE FOOTERS YOU MORONS!! Which was two months of work. They could have at least told me this before. I could have done it all in one go.

I was not amused but then we proceeded to mock the new style and as we split up in different directions going home, we were genuinly snorting with laughter.

Comment

Happy Friday eve! I got to re-balance my portfolio at work and got to hand off a bat crap crazy client. And I watched the premiere of Navy Seals last night. I liked it enough to watch again, but I have concerns. They have a dog on their team and I obsessively worried about him. Not that I wanted anything to happen to the humans, but...you know how it is, that struggle is real.

Maybe you need a good punching bag to redirect that frustration. I've been eyeing boxing- self-defense- random martial arts kinds of classes since I travel so much by myself, but now I'm thinking those classes may have the added benefit of keeping me sane. And out of jail, which is always good.

Probably not.

And the workday ended on an absolute high note when one of my favorite colleagues asked me if I was aware that Sales and Marketing has decided that all forms need a new lay out. I JUST REDID THE FOOTERS YOU MORONS!! Which was two months of work. They could have at least told me this before. I could have done it all in one go.

I was not amused but then we proceeded to mock the new style and as we split up in different directions going home, we were genuinly snorting with laughter.
                Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? It has many, many morons. You might appreciate the humor in it. I can't watch the news these days without thinking about that movie, I really need a re-watch.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Probably not.

OMG. Well, at least you and your coworker got a good laugh out of it.

Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? It has many, many morons. You might appreciate the humor in it. I can't watch the news these days without thinking about that movie, I really need a re-watch.
                  Sounds interesting...though with that many morons in it, I wonder if I'd end up throwing a hammer at the TV.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No more talk of new lay-outs, instead I developed a fever and a killer soar throat. It's the end of the week, and I'm heading sick into the weekend -- so typical.

Comment

Pretty weekend forecast! Actual fall temperatures on the way. I'm sooo looking forward to turning off the AC and opening the windows. Also looking forward to football food, though I'm still dreading the actual football game itself.

If any of you are near Heroes and Villains Fan Fest locations, they are doing a buy one get three one day ticket sale on Thursday, 10/5. Buy one get three weekend pass sales starts on 10/4.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Sounds interesting...though with that many morons in it, I wonder if I'd end up throwing a hammer at the TV.
                      It's from Mike Judge, so a healthy mix of his Office Space and Beavis and Butt-head humor. I found a trailer, but I don't think it does justice to the humor of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

No more talk of new lay-outs, instead I developed a fever and a killer soar throat. It's the end of the week, and I'm heading sick into the weekend -- so typical.
                      Yuck, sorry to hear that. Time for tea. Maybe chocolate too, if your taste buds are still functional. Hope you feel better soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Eeek! That's not a happy way to get out of work. *sends virtual hugs and lemon-honey tea*

Pretty weekend forecast! Actual fall temperatures on the way. I'm sooo looking forward to turning off the AC and opening the windows. Also looking forward to football food, though I'm still dreading the actual football game itself.

If any of you are near Heroes and Villains Fan Fest locations, they are doing a buy one get three one day ticket sale on Thursday, 10/5. Buy one get three weekend pass sales starts on 10/4.
                        Hah! Nice to see someone's finally giving Creation a run for their money in the premium con category. Nearest one to me is Portland, so doable with some effort, but no guests that interest me. I'll have to keep an eye on these guys.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Eeek! That's not a happy way to get out of work. *sends virtual hugs and lemon-honey tea*

Hah! Nice to see someone's finally giving Creation a run for their money in the premium con category. Nearest one to me is Portland, so doable with some effort, but no guests that interest me. I'll have to keep an eye on these guys.
                          Ever attend a Gatecon? I'm tentatively scheduled to be in Vancouver next September for work and saw they have one scheduled that weekend. If they add to the guest list, it might be hard to resist. I never made to any of the Creation events or any other convention with guests who've been in the Stargate franchise.

I'm also eyeing the NYC Comic Con next year, another business trip coincides if the convention follows pattern and sticks to that first October weekend. Feels kind of like the universe is encouraging me to be a little geekier, err, I mean more adventurous, next year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams! (and hopefully you all do better than my Trojans did last night. )

Ever attend a Gatecon? I'm tentatively scheduled to be in Vancouver next September for work and saw they have one scheduled that weekend. If they add to the guest list, it might be hard to resist. I never made to any of the Creation events or any other convention with guests who've been in the Stargate franchise.
                            Never been to Gatecon; I only moved to Washington from California a couple of years ago so I wasn't close enough to make it work anyway. And I doubt I'll be going to the one next year because I'm already looking ahead to save my pennies for D23 Expo 2019...it'll get even more nuts if Comic-Con San Diego ends up running the following weekend just like they did this year.

I'm also eyeing the NYC Comic Con next year, another business trip coincides if the convention follows pattern and sticks to that first October weekend. Feels kind of like the universe is encouraging me to be a little geekier, err, I mean more adventurous, next year.
                            Any excuse to get a little geekier is a good thing!

Comment

Yuck, sorry to hear that. Time for tea. Maybe chocolate too, if your taste buds are still functional. Hope you feel better soon.
                              Anything that felt like I was pouring gravel through my throat was not on the menu yesterday and that, sadly, included chocolate.

I had ice-cream ... for breakfast.

Ever attend a Gatecon? I'm tentatively scheduled to be in Vancouver next September for work and saw they have one scheduled that weekend.
                              Mmm... my sister and I are planning a trip to Canada next year, and it will most likely go to the British Columbia area so perhaps we should plan around September instead of July. *ponders*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams! (and hopefully you all do better than my Trojans did last night. )

Never been to Gatecon; I only moved to Washington from California a couple of years ago so I wasn't close enough to make it work anyway. And I doubt I'll be going to the one next year because I'm already looking ahead to save my pennies for D23 Expo 2019...it'll get even more nuts if Comic-Con San Diego ends up running the following weekend just like they did this year.

Any excuse to get a little geekier is a good thing!
                                I think Tennessee is going to have a brutal day, even with Peyton on the sidelines.

I've always wanted to check out the San Diego Comic Con and the Disney Expos. Maybe the universe will intervene for me in 2019 too, because yes, geekier is always a good thing.

Anything that felt like I was pouring gravel through my throat was not on the menu yesterday and that, sadly, included chocolate.

I had ice-cream ... for breakfast.

Mmm... my sister and I are planning a trip to Canada next year, and it will most likely go to the British Columbia area so perhaps we should plan around September instead of July. *ponders*
                                Ice cream for breakfast sounds like just the thing for your throat and your spirits. Gatecon, I believe, is definitely worth consideration. Looks like it's been a while since they've done one and Creation sounds like they are done with conventions for the franchise. I loved SG1, too, and it looks like most of their cast has committed. Now we just need more of the SGA crew to commit. If Vancouver is like other big cities, there would probably be less tourists to contend with in September and the weather should still be mild. I went in October last time and it was beautiful.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X