Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I don't see the connection. It shouldn't matter who is President. Plus, whoever wins in 2020 won't be in office in 2026.
    The err.... quarreling neighbors -- or at least, one who quarrels, the rest roles their eyes.

I'm sure Canada and Mexico will forgive the US this minor transgression.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Also, how can I be a defensive midfielder AND the playermaker of the national team?
    A playmaker needs oversight of the field -- just guessing.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That I understand. I've seen a few bad teachers in my time and it's very hard to get rid of them.
      My niece is a teacher and I've heard stories from her of people who just don't give a crap about the job, but you can't do anything about them. She's dealing with a (thankfully, soon retiring) school nurse who is just dreadful.

Comment

You know what else I just realized? Our custom titles are wrong because it's the "Champions League" not "Champion's League."
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          My niece is a teacher and I've heard stories from her of people who just don't give a crap about the job, but you can't do anything about them. She's dealing with a (thankfully, soon retiring) school nurse who is just dreadful.
          All too common I'm afraid. I once had a principal who was trying to get rid of a teacher who did nothing all afternoon but show movies. She had documented everything she could think of but the union still took the teacher's side. She was popular and the kids loved her. LOL If they are really really bad the school system usually just transfers them or assigns them a non-teaching job in some office. It's called "pass the trash".
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I grew up surrounded by teachers - mom, 2 aunts and my niece is also a teacher. Different levels, primary and secondary school (highschool). And my mom was principal of her school near the end of her carreer. I've heard it all, seen it all and lived it all. There's good ones, and mediocre ones, and downright bad ones.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            You know what else I just realized? Our custom titles are wrong because it's the "Champions League" not "Champion's League."
            That's my fault -- I suggested the theme.
            Sorry.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

That I understand. I've seen a few bad teachers in my time and it's very hard to get rid of them.
              All too common I'm afraid. I once had a principal who was trying to get rid of a teacher who did nothing all afternoon but show movies. She had documented everything she could think of but the union still took the teacher's side. She was popular and the kids loved her. LOL If they are really really bad the school system usually just transfers them or assigns them a non-teaching job in some office. It's called "pass the trash".
              Ugh. Tenure is the bane of the educational system.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Tenure and unions.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Ugh. Tenure is the bane of the educational system.
                  Tenure and unions.
                  Preach it sistahs!
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Tenure and unions.
                    Preach it sistahs!
                    *high-fives*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm trying to study for my college class, but my brain is getting full. Like I was saying to a friend last week... I used to be smart, but now I'm old.

Comment

So basically, forget all that old junk and stuff in the new stuff.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'm trying to study for my college class, but my brain is getting full. Like I was saying to a friend last week... I used to be smart, but now I'm old.
                          Oh dear...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            So basically, forget all that old junk and stuff in the new stuff.
                            I'm trying to do that, but the old junk is stubborn and doesn't want to leave.

I watched a few SGA episodes last night - Echoes, Tao of Rodney, and Submersion. Good Sparky times. You'll never be able to convince me that Carl Binder wasn't trying to be Sparky shippy when writing John carrying Elizabeth bridal style to the infirmary.

Comment

You'll have to do what I've done and flush some stuff. For example, who needs algebra anymore? Well maybe you do, Mathgirl, but I figured I can get along just fine without it. I also appear to have lost quite a bit of physics, but oddly enough I can remember a bunch of the periodic table. Working on that one. Mr. SR never could spell, so he's slightly ahead of the game but he's forgotten a number of names of people he's known all his life. Most of them are dead, so that's no biggie. Next I plan to work on flushing geometry and geography. Young people today can't read maps, so nobody will notice that last one thanks to GPS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Young people today can't read maps, so nobody will notice that last one thanks to GPS.
                                Unless that GPS sends you into the water or into a one-way street the wrong way...

Yeah, you should be OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X