No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, 10 pages to catch up on... ok i think I caught everything...

Originally posted by Bama
    Hey skyler...seen you around some of the other theads...

You ask a legit question that few of us in here have shied away from and most have asked ourselves. My answer is always the same because it's what it all boils down to for me: Time.

I think we'll see in time that the earth command will accept Shep and Weir as co-leaders of this world of theirs and they'll accept that though personal relationships may play a part in their lives, there's no one they'd trust to do a better job in the positions of authority over atlantis. What person on atlantis even now would turn their back on john or elizabeth because they found out the two of them were involved? Very few. Where the people follow goes the power. So I simply think time, power and respect will solve any barrier to a personal relationship shift for J/E.
    Hey hey Bama! I have seen you around too! I agree that time is what this all boils down to. I also agree with you that few people would turn away from J/E if they got involved. I loved the fact that in "Seige part II" they really played everyone's loyalty to Weir really well. I think in several episodes crew members have shown their loyalty to Sheppard as well. I guess it's not with the Atlantis crew I see any objections. I see it coming from Caldwell and also TPTB on Earth.

I think it will also come down to HOW is it played. Even if they DO become involved they will have to maintain professional boundaries while on duty, etc. I think if they become involved it would be really awesome to hear Weir and Sheppard's dialogue just before he would get sent off on a dangerous mission. That would give us a little glimpse into Weir's vulnerable side.

Originally posted by Easter Lilly
    Torri herself has acknowledge this problem at the recent Australasian conventions... the nature of Weir's position and how she has to be emotionally isolated from the rest of expedition. It's a very lonely job.
    Very very true. It would be nice to utilize Weir's friendship with Teyla to relieve some of that loneliess. Or even another leader from another race of people in the Pegasus that the team gets to know and trust. I would think it might be easier for Weir to confine in someone not from Earth.

Originally posted by alyssa
    Torri also described TLG as her favourite episode so far. I was surprised by that, and wondered what would make it a better episode for her character than BIS. It's obvious from all the spoilers that this is going to be a huge episode for Elizabeth... personally, physically... in every way possible.
    NICE!!!! Can't wait for this episode... if it's better than BIS then it will become my new favorite episode.

Originally posted by macktheknife
    Reminds me of the weir slap from one of the earliest eps.
    Say WHAT???

I LOVED your fic Dorka! Very very very nice and so in character.
    And NICE TLG wallpaper!

Welcome k8tbug1 and Qaism!!!

Athenaktt that was an AWESOME run down on the progression of S/W.. I gave ya GREEN for that!

Major Fischer I LOVE your sig with Blonde weir.. etc. NICE! Do you still have your term paper on Atlantis? I would love to read it!

K.. now I need to get back to work. Nite nite all!!!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
      Mulder / Scully - fer sure. I was so onboard that ship.
      Let me just admit...and as a fellow ex- Mulder/Scully shipper you'll understand...My first reaction to the Shep/Weir
      Spoiler:
      kiss was..."They LIT IT! OMG! I can friggin SEE IT! YES! Oh, thank the stars! YES!"
      *I'm still doing tiny fist pumps!*

Comment

I was telling my brother about the spoilers for TLG and he doesn't seem to care. I'm really surprised about that. I thought he would be at least a little bit jazzed, but nothing. When I didn't get a reaction out of him, I even straight up told him about
        Spoiler:
        the kiss
        . Still nothing. I won't be sharing anymore spoilers with him because I'm all about sparky and I want to talk to someone who can share in my excitement.
        http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
        Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          I like your train of thinking Easter. If TPTB can even come up with half of that I'll be happy.
          Thanks Blue...
          I guess I'm concerned with the complexities because I've been in leadership roles since my late teens. Rightly or wrongly, people see leaders in a different light... they expect so much more of their leaders because these are the people that represent their interests and embody the ideals that they hold to. Leaders not only have to do the right thing but be seen to do so.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
            Lizard!! Tisk Tisk!! Noiw I have to go out picture you! Why aint you eva on Msn?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...log/8yf7es.jpg
            Nope, nothing going on between these two
            Yeah, speaking of those I haven't seen in a while, why aren't YOU on msn?! Okay, maybe I haven't been on a whole lot, either, with vacation and pre-Christmas activities, but still...

JS: I don't know if I can hold out for three more weeks, Liz.

EW: Don't worry, I'll make it worth the wait.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
            still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
              WOW that would be great!! I would really appreciate it.
              Thanks Dorka

(blushes after finding out they're called "sigs" )
              Okay Since you don't have the PM's activated... any special wishes in pictures and quotes for the Sig??? If not...cuz as far as I remember you was the one who mentioned "Soulmates"...I can take this that!

Comment

Wow. I go away for a couple of hours and absolute craziness breaks out!

On the Shep/Teyla front, no matter what someone from there tells me, I'll never 'see the light'. I don't see Shep/Teyla at all. I thought the initial 'moment' between those characters seemed forced. Moments between Shep and Weir didn't. Perhaps that's because Joe and Torri weren't dealing with an "I have to get this right because this is supposed to be the 'ship" vibe. The pressure was off, so they were able to just do what they do. Whatever, I see more of a connection between their characters, otherwise I wouldn't be here!

No offence to any Shep/Teyla types who might be lurking, of course!

As for other ships... Mine is a pretty long list:

Mulder/Scully (I don't know how people don't see that!)
                Reyes/Doggett (I know some people had issues with these two, but I'm a huge fan of Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish -- I think they're both brilliant and work soooo well together!)
                Nick/Sara --CSI
                Lee/Amanda -- Scarecrow and Mrs King (when are they going to wake up and put that out on DVD???? When?????)
                Mal/Inara -- Firefly

Hmmm. Drawing a blank with the rest... I'm sure they'll come to me, though!

Comment

Wow. I go away for a couple of hours and absolute craziness breaks out!

On the Shep/Teyla front, no matter what someone from there tells me, I'll never 'see the light'. I don't see Shep/Teyla at all. I thought the initial 'moment' between those characters seemed forced. Moments between Shep and Weir didn't. Perhaps that's because Joe and Torri weren't dealing with an "I have to get this right because this is supposed to be the 'ship" vibe. The pressure was off, so they were able to just do what they do. Whatever, I see more of a connection between their characters, otherwise I wouldn't be here!

No offence to any Shep/Teyla types who might be lurking, of course!

Mulder/Scully (I don't know how people don't see that!)
                  Reyes/Doggett (I know some people had issues with these two, but I'm a huge fan of Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish -- I think they're both brilliant and work soooo well together!)
                  Nick/Sara --CSI
                  Lee/Amanda -- Scarecrow and Mrs King (when are they going to wake up and put that out on DVD???? When?????)
                  Mal/Inara -- Firefly

Hmmm. Drawing a blank with the rest... I'm sure they'll come to me, though!
                  Me too, I don't see Shep/Teyla at all... I saw it in the first episode but there wasn't the "magic moment"... ship's sparkle.... I felt a respect and a friendship... but not relationship. In the rest of the season 1, the relationship Elizabeth/John was more present. In Season 2... in french, i will say "Y a pas photo ! " ...lol.... it's John/Elizabeth !

Me too, i have a ship list lol !
                  Mulder/Scully.... it's my first couple
                  Reyes/Doggett..... I love them
                  Lee/Amanda... I'm happy to meet one person who watch it
                  Sue/Jack... an other Jack complicate lol
                  Mac/Harm... a great end ! I love it !

But in this moment, i'm a BIG fan ELIZABETH/JOHN
                  Spoiler:
                  Halalalalallalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the kiss !!!!!! i can't wait to see this episode.... Zen... I'm breathling... lol...that it's good ! But... halalalaaaaaaa the kiss lol lol ok ------> i'm walking out lol

Comment

On the Shep/Teyla front, no matter what someone from there tells me, I'll never 'see the light'. I don't see Shep/Teyla at all.
                    I'm pretty much the same and I say that with complete objectivity... Besides, I'm lazy, I don't like to work that hard to "see" ship. It's either there or it isn't.

Oh dear... I am must be getting on... I watched that religiously when I was a kid...

Mal/Inara -- Firefly
                    Ah... my favourite... because of Joss, Nathan and Morena... It's so nice to see a ship in action that the writers and actors believe in.

Sheridan and Delenn was well done although it didn't give me great excitements... but it was believable because it had layers to it... I liked the way JMS blended the cultural aspect, the leadership aspect and the day to day interaction seamlessly. One of my favourite "ship" episodes believe or not was when Delenn and Sheridan were brutally interrogated by this mysterious English man. That was brilliant stuff... quite original...
                    Last edited by Easter Lily; 09 December 2005, 01:22 AM.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by EnfantTV
                      Me too, I don't see Shep/Teyla at all... I saw it in the first episode but there wasn't the "magic moment"... ship's sparkle.... I felt a respect and a friendship... but not relationship. In the rest of the season 1, the relationship Elizabeth/John was more present. In Season 2... in french, i will say "Y a pas photo ! " ...lol.... it's John/Elizabeth !

Me too, i have a ship list lol !
                      Mulder/Scully.... it's my first couple
                      Reyes/Doggett..... I love them
                      Lee/Amanda... I'm happy to meet one person who watch it
                      Sue/Jack... an other Jack complicate lol
                      Mac/Harm... a great end ! I love it !

But in this moment, i'm a BIG fan ELIZABETH/JOHN
                      Spoiler:
                      Halalalalallalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the kiss !!!!!! i can't wait to see this episode.... Zen... I'm breathling... lol...that it's good ! But... halalalaaaaaaa the kiss lol lol ok ------> i'm walking out lol
                      How did I forget Sam and Jack and Mac and Harm??? Thanks for the reminder.
                      And yes, there are a couple of us around here who love Scarecrow and Mrs King. Actually, Trupi, who hangs on the Sam/Jack thread loves the show, too! She and I have chatted about it!
                      For me for the moment though, it's all Shep/Weir. It's been so long since we had SG1 on tv here, that Sam/Jack has taken a backseat (though I do post there too)
                      Can't wait for the new Atlantis eps to go to air and for you guys who get to see them to analyse them within an inch of their lives for those of us who are less fortunate!

Comment

For me it was pretty much the same. When I watched Rising, I was really like: "O.K concentrate on this Teyla girl and Sheppard boy, they will be the characters to ship" But even with all my concentration, I never really saw Sheyla, I only saw Friendship! I also have a boy-friend and we have a similar bound I guess. We are really good friends, and he really looks sweet, but become lovers - no it'll never happen - I feel the same way between Teyla and Sheppard!

Hm, o.k I shipped for:
                        Mulder&Scully, (X-F) They were my first real ship I guess
                        Sam&Jack, what else?
                        Luke&Lorelai, (GG) I liked them better, when they weren't yet together!
                        Catherine&Grissom, (CSI) It's really intresting, that we have the same ship in SGA, but in CSI there are pretty dissenting opinions...
                        Catherine&Horatio, (CSI) they aren't in the same team but would be very cute together!

Comment

I forget too Sam/Jack... *blush*

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                            Nikita / Michael (LFN) - hawt!

~cp
                            Oh yes
                            If John and Elizabeth ever kissed like Michael and Nikita did in say, the episode Love, my screen would go up in flames

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                              Oh yes
                              If John and Elizabeth ever kissed like Michael and Nikita did in say, the episode Love, my screen would go up in flames
                              Oh! I forgot them too! Yes, I did like that show. Actually, I liked the way Peta Wilson was kind of understated in her acting.

Anyway, back to Shep/Weir, I don't think I've seen the episode you're referring when it comes to what exactly would make you're screen go up in flames, so I'm off in search of screencaps!

Comment

Eeps, stay away for a day and you have four pages to catch up on.

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                                It's kind of funny because I was chatting with Blue Banrigh's sister? I think and she was like "guess what is on TV" and I was like "Stargate". Then she's like now "guess what episode (season 1)" and I guessed "Before I Sleep" and I was right!

I think I scared her. So Blue I think I scared your sibling the other day.
                                Ah no worries, it takes a bit to scare her (socially I mean, but show her a rat and she'll pierce your eardrums) you should see how freaky she is when she's on a sugar high.

My plan to convert her to the dark side is slowly working.

Comment

Working...
                                X