Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My internet connection is back up! Hurrah!!!

You don't realize how much you use it until you don't have it.

Anyway, I wanted to discuss a fic I am currently reading. I don't know if this has been brought up or not. It's Sparky but based on the books that shall not be named (TM). Which I just find hilarious. It's a WIP but so far it's pretty good. I just find the irony of it to be delicious.
    Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      My evaluation is coming up next up -- might hold off on it.
      I have that at work too, ohh, never thought about that. I find myself constantly wanting to quote McKay, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about and... when you mention magical tools that can slow down time, people start looking at you strangely. Though at work, that can be helpful. They leave you alone if they think you're crazy, lol.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read it.
        Fourth Order: Descended

The author has written other Sparky stories based on the books too and I'm reading those now. Irony. It's a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          I have that at work too, ohh, never thought about that. I find myself constantly wanting to quote McKay, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about and... when you mention magical tools that can slow down time, people start looking at you strangely. Though at work, that can be helpful. They leave you alone if they think you're crazy, lol.
          Luckily, I have a lot of geeky colleagues.

They rather quickly realized that I am not exactly sticking to being a normal, boring person, but that I dare to be different. Considering the environment I work in, they weren't customed to seeing someone the likes of geeky me.

The box is too contained so therefor it does not exist... Therefor, I make my colleagues smile and chuckle at the oddest occasions. Life's too serious to be serious all the time.

For example: this week, I have come to work wearing two different colored shoes. They are the same walking shoes but different colors (and different size -- which is weird cause they both fit perfectly -- only 1 size difference though). Colleagues don't notice it (at all) but when they do, I scored another smile.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The author has written other Sparky stories based on the books too and I'm reading those now. Irony. It's a thing of beauty.
            Thanks. I'll read it later.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

My internet connection is back up! Hurrah!!!

You don't realize how much you use it until you don't have it.
              I can second that! Out here in the rural wilds where any random storm might knock out power (and thus our wireless internet), it's a relief when we get it back.

Anyway, I wanted to discuss a fic I am currently reading. I don't know if this has been brought up or not. It's Sparky but based on the books that shall not be named (TM). Which I just find hilarious. It's a WIP but so far it's pretty good. I just find the irony of it to be delicious.

Hmmm, fix it fic for the novels? I'm gonna have to check this out. Thanks for the link!

Luckily, I have a lot of geeky colleagues.

They rather quickly realized that I am not exactly sticking to being a normal, boring person, but that I dare to be different. Considering the environment I work in, they weren't customed to seeing someone the likes of geeky me.

The box is too contained so therefor it does not exist... Therefor, I make my colleagues smile and chuckle at the oddest occasions. Life's too serious to be serious all the time.

For example: this week, I have come to work wearing two different colored shoes. They are the same walking shoes but different colors (and different size -- which is weird cause they both fit perfectly -- only 1 size difference though). Colleagues don't notice it (at all) but when they do, I scored another smile.
              Heh! Sounds like you're having fun playing with their minds, that's for sure!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Heh! Sounds like you're having fun playing with their minds, that's for sure!
                Oh, much fun is to be had.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hopped across the border, spend the afternoon with Dutch friends (and people from the UK), and came home with loot.

Dutch friend had cleaned out her closet and was giving away DVD's and books -- couldn't pass up on the opportunity to see what was in there... Scored 3 books and the first season of Angel.

Then I got a comic as a birthday present, and on top of that she had collected all her Doctor Who stuff which she also passed on to me. And so excited to dig into the books.

Comment

I want to read a Sparky story but I have so many good links I can't pick one. First world problems.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I can second that! Out here in the rural wilds where any random storm might knock out power (and thus our wireless internet), it's a relief when we get it back.
                      You got that right!!! I had to create a new cable/phone/internet account and it's been a pain in the butt!

Hopped across the border, spend the afternoon with Dutch friends (and people from the UK), and came home with loot.

Dutch friend had cleaned out her closet and was giving away DVD's and books -- couldn't pass up on the opportunity to see what was in there... Scored 3 books and the first season of Angel.

Then I got a comic as a birthday present, and on top of that she had collected all her Doctor Who stuff which she also passed on to me. And so excited to dig into the books.
                      Sweet!! Did I miss your birthday? If so, happy belated birthday!
                      sugar.jpg

Comment

Sweet!! Did I miss your birthday? If so, happy belated birthday!
                        Depends. Were you around on January 5th?
                        Also, b'day of Joe Flanigan & Paul McGilion.

Oh, never go wrong with sugar.

Comment

Depends. Were you around on January 5th?
                          Also, b'day of Joe Flanigan & Paul McGilion.

Oh, never go wrong with sugar.
                          I can't remember where I was last week, never mind that long ago. Still, quite a nice present you got there!!!

Comment

I can't remember where I was last week, never mind that long ago. Still, quite a nice present you got there!!!
                            LOL!

My long-term memory is rather okay, but my short-term memory... ... However, it's a symptom linked to ADD, so I can blame it on that.
                            Seriously, I can literally think of something I need to do, walk out into the other room and have no idea what I was going to do in there. Usually going back to my starting point will jog my memory, but usually it's a bust.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

WOW! What a score!

I want to read a Sparky story but I have so many good links I can't pick one. First world problems.
                              LOL!

You got that right!!! I had to create a new cable/phone/internet account and it's been a pain in the butt!
                              Ugh, I sympathize. More first world problems, am I right?

Comment

Nice! We all need friends like that.

And I'll second that Happy Lazy Sunday! I never thought I'd find the right frame of mind to enjoy pizza and margarita shooters a la Farscape, but somehow it makes sense now that I've stumbled into Texas... if only in my troubled mind.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X