No announcement yet.

Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer WOW thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadline for my fic reccing is fast approaching so here be my two recs of the month:

REC 1

Counseling the Counselor by Enigmaticblue

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir
    Categories: GEN
    Warnings: NONE
    Author's Website: Enigmaticblue @ AO3

Why This Must Be Read: A short inside into Kate's life as a counselor to the expedition, but after Carson's death there's no one really to be there for her the way she is there for them. Engimaticblue thus finds a solution to the problem, and we get to see a little friendship between two female characters which we rarely got to see on screen.

REC 2

Sailing by Strangepromises

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
    Author's Website: Strangepromises @ AO3

Why This Must Be Read: On screen we didn't get to see nearly enough off-work friendship moments between the female characters, and thus I am glad that there are authors out there who take the time to investigate in writing such moments between the characters that I love - that we love. Sailing is such a moment between Kate and Teyla, whom, when we see them on screen, are always in a professional situation. In this story it's just two people finding common ground and allowing for a more informal sort of interaction.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And also, SGA Reversebang 2014 ended and all was posted... Here be the link to what I did for art, and there's a link there too to the fic written with the art in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        YOWZAA!!

[insert giggles of delight]

I just watched Claire's episode of Star Trek Voyager again... deliciously evil.
        I didn't know she was on Voyager. I'll have to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I didn't know she was on Voyager. I'll have to look it up.
          Yup yup, season 6... an episode called Alice. She plays the evil AI of a spaceship Tom falls in love with.

Comment

Yup yup, season 6... an episode called Alice. She plays the evil AI of a spaceship Tom falls in love with.

Evil AI, huh?

You DO tend to like that type.

Comment

Mmmm.... maybe...

Comment

Deadline for my fic reccing is fast approaching so here be my two recs of the month:

REC 1

Counseling the Counselor by Enigmaticblue

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir
                Author's Website: Enigmaticblue @ AO3

Why This Must Be Read: A short inside into Kate's life as a counselor to the expedition, but after Carson's death there's no one really to be there for her the way she is there for them. Engimaticblue thus finds a solution to the problem, and we get to see a little friendship between two female characters which we rarely got to see on screen.

REC 2

Sailing by Strangepromises

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan
                Author's Website: Strangepromises @ AO3

Why This Must Be Read: On screen we didn't get to see nearly enough off-work friendship moments between the female characters, and thus I am glad that there are authors out there who take the time to investigate in writing such moments between the characters that I love - that we love. Sailing is such a moment between Kate and Teyla, whom, when we see them on screen, are always in a professional situation. In this story it's just two people finding common ground and allowing for a more informal sort of interaction.
                Very nice.

sigpic

Comment

Hang on a sec... Isn't that a picture of Anna Galvin...?
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    Hang on a sec... Isn't that a picture of Anna Galvin...?
                    Yes, it is. But JT was just pointing out the fact that I seem to have a type of woman I fall hook, line and sinker for.

Comment

I understand now Falcon.
                      I admit that I do like Anna Galvin... It has something to do with her smile.

Comment

I don't know what it is that makes me crush over these ladies... ...but I can't stop myself and I don't want to either.

Comment

I don't know what it is that makes me crush over these ladies... ...but I can't stop myself and I don't want to either.
                          As it says in my sig... 'To thy own self... Be true...'
                          And if it ain't broke don't fix it...

But with me it tends to be... The smile, the eyes... And then my male imagination...

Comment

My aunt wants me to download a learning package for the Clair de Lune song. I go to the website and search for the song (how I found it the first time). However, the website tells me there's no result for Claire de Lune, and I'm like "but I did find it two days ago"... then my eye landed on what I had typed. Wrong Claire. Obviously my brain was occupied elsewise.

Comment

Need me some Claire-love, so I'm going to watch The Aviary again...

Comment

...and I'm back...

Happy squee!

Yes, the torch is still burning, very bright indeed.

*thunk*

Comment

Working...
                                X