Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer WOW thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Celebrating my 25,000th post so I should make it in my beloved (but sadly very quiet) thread with a bit of a picspam...

More under the cut...

Spoiler:

Happy #25,000!!! I love that top pic of her with the light.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
      Happy #25,000!!! I love that top pic of her with the light.
      Thanks again.

Next year I'll be celebrating my 10-year anniversary on GW.

"Look into the light..."
      "But your eyes are prettier."

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heads up people!

TheLadyMore is hosting a comment ficathon -- Ladies Night

Comment

That sounds interesting Falcon...
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

For my 26,000th post, I give you an oldie...

Comment

It may be an oldie...
              But it's a goodie...
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Oh hell yeah...

Comment

For my 26,000th post, I give you an oldie...

This is one of my favorite pics of Kate.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*blows dust of thread* ... *and sneezes*

I've thrown caution out the window and put my name down as May reccer at Stargateficrec @ Livejournal. This means I have to at least rec two fics this month, and I chose Kate as my character. Perhaps it'll bring someone new into the fold, however my hopes are not very high on this one.

In any case, I shall leave a link here too... kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Remember me saying the above... yeah, me neither...

So, here be my first rec:

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir
                      Pairings: Kate Heightmeyer/Elizabeth Weir
                      Categories: Femslash
                      Warnings: None
                      Author on AO3: chokolattejedi
                      Link: Executive Decision

Why This Must Be Read: It's short, sweet and fluffy. What more can I say?
                      It shows a loving Kate, who may not be able to do much to help Elizabeth in her daily doings as a leader, but she can be of assistence after work... even if that means creating that "after work" moment herself.

Snippet below the cut:

Spoiler:
                      Kate smiled sympathetically; there was little that she could do in her professional capacity to help in situations like this, and situations like this were unfortunately fairly common on Atlantis. However, there was something that she could do for Elizabeth. Reaching forward, she gently slipped Elizabeth's datapad from beneath her hands. Saving all open files, Kate then shut it off and tucked it away.

Comment

I once again participated in the SGA Reversebang fandom event, again as artist and my work, and that of the author went live today... so without further ado I present you my art.

Title of Art: [B"http://falcon-horus.livejournal.com/185712.html"]You Killed Me John][/B]
                        Artist: Falcon Horus
                        Pairing: Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard
                        Rating: PG-13
                        Warnings: minor character death

Wallpaper

Spoiler:

2 icons (4 but 2 of those are of John Sheppard)

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/LiveJournal/sgareversebang/Kate_1_zpsfaabd45a.png[] [img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/LiveJournal/sgareversebang/Kate_2_zpsf1b22092.png[]

Title of Fic: [URL="http://archiveofourown.org/works/850227"] The Undiscovered Planet in Our Sky[]
                        Author: Altyronsmaker
                        Pairing(s): Gen, but implied John Sheppard/Kate Heightmeyer
                        Rating: PG
                        Warnings: None of which I am aware.
                        Summary: They say that ghosts don't haunt us. That that's not how it works. That they're present among us because we won't let go of them. Well John Sheppard is haunted. As he struggles to deal with the guilt he shouldn't feel over a death that never should have happened, the dead won't leave him alone.

To be haunted in the everyday is to experience a return of what has tried to be repressed and represents a systemic failure in the ego's repressive mechanisms.
                        Great job on the art. I especially love the icons. Nice.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                          Great job on the art. I especially love the icons. Nice.
                          Thank you.

This year's entry will go live around the 3rd of June. That is if my author finishes the fic on time.

Comment

Second rec of the month of May, and if I get approved there will be more in June.

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard, Katie Brown, Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan, Jennifer Keller, Chaya, Ganos Lal
                            Pairings: Kate Heightmeyer/Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard, Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Katie Brown/Rodney McKay
                            Categories: HET, Femslash
                            Warnings: character death
                            Link: Five Ways Kate Heightmeyer Didn't Die

Why This Must Be Read: Naturally it's never fun to see one's favorite character get the short end of the survival stick. Hence why I love fanfic so much. One can keep a character alive and pretend their death never happened, or one can bring them back from the dead and continue their story. And that's exactly what this fic does, it gives you not one but five possible ways in which Kate wouldn't have had to die in Doppelganger: Asuran(ish) Intervention, Crystalline Memory, Ascension, The Nigh-Inevitable Highlander Crossover & Lucid Dreaming.

Comment

YOWZAA!!

[insert giggles of delight]

I just watched Claire's episode of Star Trek Voyager again... deliciously evil.

Comment

Second rec of the month of May, and if I get approved there will be more in June.

Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard, Katie Brown, Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan, Jennifer Keller, Chaya, Ganos Lal
                                Pairings: Kate Heightmeyer/Elizabeth Weir, Kate Heightmeyer/John Sheppard, Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer, Katie Brown/Rodney McKay
                                Categories: HET, Femslash
                                Warnings: character death
                                Link: Five Ways Kate Heightmeyer Didn't Die

Why This Must Be Read: Naturally it's never fun to see one's favorite character get the short end of the survival stick. Hence why I love fanfic so much. One can keep a character alive and pretend their death never happened, or one can bring them back from the dead and continue their story. And that's exactly what this fic does, it gives you not one but five possible ways in which Kate wouldn't have had to die in Doppelganger: Asuran(ish) Intervention, Crystalline Memory, Ascension, The Nigh-Inevitable Highlander Crossover & Lucid Dreaming.
                                Finally had a chance to read this. Thanks for the fic rec, FH!
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X