Major Lorne Whumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was in Atlantis, because even though we didn't see him, we heard that he was showing signs of the infection in "Seed."

I guess Lorne is a fast healer I try to be a stickler too, because you shouldn't be trying to tell a story that doesn't work factually. But sometimes more than a week passes between episodes or even DURING episodes, so maybe enough time passed between S&R and Daedalus Variations.
    I havent watched "Seed" yet - but he is in the next ep - "Broken Ties" then "DV". I'm sure more time passed than I think, but I do remember in "Runner", McKay mentions that he'd been close to a sun the week before and that was the previous ep, I thought. (I'd have to re-watch that season). Maybe they have some magic healing device on Atlantis. But why did Dr Jackson have to go back to Earth for more extensive medical work after the ep he was in....? Okay, getting toooooooooo picky here! I should be glad Lorne wasnt out for 4 - 6 months of healing!
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      I havent watched "Seed" yet - but he is in the next ep - "Broken Ties" then "DV". I'm sure more time passed than I think, but I do remember in "Runner", McKay mentions that he'd been close to a sun the week before and that was the previous ep, I thought. (I'd have to re-watch that season). Maybe they have some magic healing device on Atlantis. But why did Dr Jackson have to go back to Earth for more extensive medical work after the ep he was in....? Okay, getting toooooooooo picky here! I should be glad Lorne wasnt out for 4 - 6 months of healing!
      I don't remember Lorne being in Broken Ties. Hmmm.... I thought his first episode back was DV. I'm probably wrong LOL.

You SHOULD be glad he wasn't out for 4 to 6 months! LOL. I know I am.

Plus, Daniel got electrocuted, right? He didn't just break his leg.
      sigpic
      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
      I'm a 60%er!
      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I don't remember Lorne being in Broken Ties. Hmmm.... I thought his first episode back was DV. I'm probably wrong LOL.

You SHOULD be glad he wasn't out for 4 to 6 months! LOL. I know I am.

Plus, Daniel got electrocuted, right? He didn't just break his leg.
        Yes, Lorne was in BT- just rechecked the vid. Dont remember his role or what he did - how bad of me! Anyway -- what's weird is that after DV -- he isnt in anything for like 8 eps... not again till "Inquisition". That makes no sense and is sad on top of it.

I cant remember what all happened to Daniel... actually I think he got tossed around a bit too. Then again, look at Shepard - he ALWAYS gets beat up and whatnot and is there in full force the next week.... oh well... it's only television, I guess..
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Paint!!!!!

My question would be - did they let him remain on/in Atlantis for the many weeks and possible months of healing and rehab he most likely would need to undergo. I'm still amazed at the fact he appeared in another episode so soon after this injury with no residual effects.

(okay - disclaimer - I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to medical faux pas)
          Well maybe it wasn't a bad break? You know maybe just some kind of minor break thingy? Cause I know that sometimes those hurt worse than actual breaks do.....

Yes, Lorne was in BT- just rechecked the vid. Dont remember his role or what he did - how bad of me! Anyway -- what's weird is that after DV -- he isnt in anything for like 8 eps... not again till "Inquisition". That makes no sense and is sad on top of it.
          Well it was still better than Season 3 where he appeared in "No Man's Land" and then not again until "Tao of Rodney" 13 episodes later...where was he THAT whole time? Hmmm?

I cant remember what all happened to Daniel... actually I think he got tossed around a bit too. Then again, look at Shepard - he ALWAYS gets beat up and whatnot and is there in full force the next week.... oh well... it's only television, I guess..
          He got some broken ribs and stuff I think... I don't remember because there was no Kavan in it
          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
          sigpic

Comment

That IS sad. When I was first going through the episodes on the DVD, I was very angry at how little he was in it. Actually, I went through the beginnings of all four episodes on disc three looking for Kavan's name in the guest stars before I even watched any of those episodes. Yeah, not in any of them. I took a break from the show after that. (But only for like a day LOL.)

Daniel and Rodney went into the power room to shut down the device that was causing the Stargates to blow up. There were lighting-like rods of electricity going off all over the place and he got hit by one.

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
            Well maybe it wasn't a bad break? You know maybe just some kind of minor break thingy? Cause I know that sometimes those hurt worse than actual breaks do.....

Well it was still better than Season 3 where he appeared in "No Man's Land" and then not again until "Tao of Rodney" 13 episodes later...where was he THAT whole time? Hmmm?

He got some broken ribs and stuff I think... I don't remember because there was no Kavan in it

Yeah, I pretty much always feel that he's not in nearly enough episodes, in every season. Especially season one, haha.
            sigpic
            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

the space monkey is always whumped...

mmm nice to see that this thread is active again *grin*
              sigpic

Comment

This thread should ALWAYS be active! LOL.
                sigpic
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

mmhmm... when we're in the mood to whump... ohhh what am i sayin i am a whumper
                  sigpic

Comment

I really whumped Lorne this time in my fic I almost feel bad about it

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

meh... nothin to feel sorry bout...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                        Suuuuurrrrrre you do!!!!
                        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                          mmhmm... when we're in the mood to whump... ohhh what am i sayin i am a whumper
                          Haha, me too. I'm always in the mood for whump. When I don't get enough, it upsets me. LOL.

I don't feel bad about it. Send me a link! Or I think I have you in my favorite authors... is it on ff.net?
                          sigpic
                          I'm a 60%er!
                          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I haven't posted it yet...the chapter (It's Complicated, the link's in my siggie) will go up next month.

question: is there a line in whumping a character? do people think anything (including killing them) is fair game or do you stop just short of that?

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I haven't posted it yet...the chapter (It's Complicated, the link's in my siggie) will go up next month.

question: is there a line in whumping a character? do people think anything (including killing them) is fair game or do you stop just short of that?
                              That's an interesting question. I think everyone has their own lines that they draw. Some people are hard core, do as many cruel things as you can to them-type whumpers, and other people aren't. It's pretty much your own preference. That's how I see it anyway.
                              sigpic
                              I'm a 60%er!
                              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

That's an interesting question. I think everyone has their own lines that they draw. Some people are hard core, do as many cruel things as you can to them-type whumpers, and other people aren't. It's pretty much your own preference. That's how I see it anyway.
                                Personally I wont whump to that point (killing off) as it would put an end to an on-going story. Although, at this point, my stories are pretty much living out a life of their own in my dreams!!
                                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X