No announcement yet.

Todd Thunk/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to think that wraith don't rescue each other like humans do (at least, as Sheppard's team do). Wraith are supposed to commit suicide to prevent their capture, and Steve almost did. Allowing oneself to be captured alive, as Todd says, must be seen a weakness, a selfish desire to live as an individual, as opposed to be a selfless servant of the queen.

On the other hand, if the captured wraith gets precious intel (like Steve or Bob in Atlantis), sure other hive members might come and rescue him if/when they find him, but only because of his usefulness. Wraith society really does not appear as a caring one.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
      anna detests watches and clocks-

Spoiler:
      It turned out she was wrong, after a few hours of freezing she nodded off sometime after, too tired to keep her eyes open. Cold or not.

In the old days, Anna didn’t carry a watch. She had her portable tablet with built in clock. Why did she need to carry a watch? When she was sent to that planet, she had a few guards, marines. They had watches. She could easily tell the time from them. Sometimes it was a struggle and a lot of working out. How can you tell what time it is if you arrive on a planet to find that 6 am is pitch black and everyone is in bed? She had no need for a watch. Watches irritated her arm and only disrupted her work. She felt like she was on the clock. She especially hated the big chiming ones, playing the same chime over and over again. Watches were a nuisance. But now waking up to the icy clump of trees and stretching she wished she had a watch. She had no idea what time it was.

She heard several things groan in cold protest as she stood up. She’d sat on that cold ground for so long she felt sure she’d get piles soon. In fact…. Most of the time in pegasus had been spent on cold things, steel benches, cold almost like concrete floors. It was a wonder her ass was ever the same. Anna was by no means a beauty queen; she was a geek but moved like a model. Full of confidence. She had a lot of confidence and knowledge about the poses of people. She always thought that her body language spoke of small but mighty power. Of cool self-assuredness. When she’d first started her degree she was a timid head down girl, walking slowly and acting small, as she learnt she tested the theories on herself and had found that little changes made a big difference. And gradually her head came up. she stood straight. Purposefully. And her career really took off.

Good times flooded back to her as she worked out the stiffness, they wound all the way to the present and as she reached the memories of last night she stopped in mid stretch and looked at the tent. Around her things were quiet. One or two birds in the distance but no snoring…she remembered the god awful snoring coming from the tent last night and with a chill working its way up her throat she pulled back the flap and looked inside. There was no one. Todd was gone. He’d gone and left her. As the chill worked its way to her rusty mouth it opened on command and she just had time to clap a hand over her mouth and wrangle in the scream she had ready. Instead, all that came out was a squeak.
      he abandoned her? he must've read what I said!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
        he abandoned her? he must've read what I said!
        *smirks nastily* oh wait until the next chapter. theres going to be fireworks
        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

*smirks nastily* oh wait until the next chapter. theres going to be fireworks
          *waits impatiently*

Comment

*sighs and grins* ill get right on it
            sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

If I were Anna, I would sneak into the tent and lie down here with the secret hope that Todd comes back to bed and does not notice my presence at once.
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                If I were Anna, I would sneak into the tent and lie down here with the secret hope that Todd comes back to bed and does not notice my presence at once.
                yeah but he was mad at her. i think anna doesnt want to make him mad again any time soon.
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

ok since naami is going to wet herself with impatientness () i have forced my mind to write one more chapter for tonight. fireworks promised next chapter. ill call this one a filler

Spoiler:
                  Anna looked around frantically taking in the sparse trees and the grassland just viewable through the trunks. Todd did not reappear from behind anything. She checked the tent again and confirmed that Todd had gone AWOL on her ass. In her panicked mind she indignantly thought, “I was right by the bloody tent and he must have walked straight past me!” realizing that he wasn’t going to reappear she stalked through the trees and stood on the edge of the cover looking around. He’d told her just the other damn night this place could be crawling with hybrids and he leaves her! Unbelievable! Seeing no one around she risked setting foot into the field of long stalked grass. She walked low to the grass cursing the black top she had on. It would be easy to spot. She may not know anything about espionage but she knew some things. Moving through the grass and looking left and right for Todd or enemies she moved further from the site. She stopped on top of a cliff, looking down at a river from the tree line on the edge. And by the river was a small bunker. She could see people moving in and out randomly. As she moved around the trunk for a better view a shadow cast against the trunk and she screamed. Or tried to. A greenish hand had wrapped itself around her mouth and pulled her down. She looked up at the face of Todd scowling. “Do you wish to die Anna?” He pulled his hand away and she sat up a little not amused. “No I don’t. And could you give me a bit of warning next time? You scared the **** outta me!” Todd grunted and peered through the trees behind her. “They didn’t notice. Good.” Anna however wasn’t listening. She wanted answers. “Where the hell were you? I thought you’d left me you idiot!” Todd turned to look at her a shadow of a smile on his face. “You weren’t suppost to be here.” Anna jumped into defensive mode. “Yeah? Well you could have told me before you left! What are we doing here eh? That you haven’t answered.” Todd dropped the smile and turned back to watching the facility as Anna turned over, onto her stomach. “were going to scout out that bunker… and blow it up.”
                  sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

ok since naami is going to wet herself with impatientness ()
                    lol not quite, but now you've left us in suspense.

Comment

were going to scout out that bunker and blow it up.
                      Ha ha ha! Is Todd turning into Ronon?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                        lol not quite, but now you've left us in suspense.
                        hmmm yes hehe makes it worse eh?
                        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                          Ha ha ha! Is Todd turning into Ronon?
                          hmm you know i never thought of that perhaps he did borrow the idea from ronon even the most ape headed thinking comes in useful
                          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

New to thread: Todd's great.
                            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

maybe todd took lessons from ronon in TLM.

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                              New to thread: Todd's great.
                              news to a wraith named bob: we all agree.

Comment

a new todd lover means todd piccies dig em out guys!
                                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X