Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Sorry for double posting, but I used a different font this time; does that count... any...?

Very true!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett04.jpg[/IMG]
    Spoiler:

]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett05.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett10.jpg[/IMG]

]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett18.jpg[/IMG]

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/McGillion/Beckett21.jpg[/IMG]
    Double post all ya want if you're gonna post pictures like that! *thud*

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
    My drive to Fort Worth/ Dallas would be:

Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 52 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 535.68 miles

But for Paul, It would be totally priceless.
    3 hrs for me! And so worth it if it turns out not to be a Trek convention.

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

I know, same here, I would so go if some stargate actors showed up, but so far it's just trekies.

I am really wanting to go to ComicCon this year... but I think that's going to be a bust because my horse trailer bit the dust and I'm having to buy a new one asap so I can get to my competitions this summer!! I was planning on buying a new trailer this year anyway.... just not this soon! *sigh* It's going to put a serious strain on my finances for the next couple of months.... meaning, no vacations for me this summer.... meaning no ComicCon!! *pouts*

Oh well... NEXT YEAR!!
    I wanna meet Paul already!!
    I know...in my opinion, FedCon sucks so far. *BLAH* And sucks about ComicCon and your horse trailer...my sister and I are still thinking about going. That is if I have enough vac time saved up and we both have enough money. *crosses fingers*
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Oh me too, but living where I live is tough to get ANYWHERE remotely close to where a convention is being held.....not to mention the gas and money to get there.

Are there any conventions in New York

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish Doctor View Post
        Oh me too, but living where I live is tough to get ANYWHERE remotely close to where a convention is being held.....not to mention the gas and money to get there.

Are there any conventions in New York
        I wanna say there are a couple on the east coast, for the life of me I can't think of the names or locations.

I'm in the same boat... conventions in colorado anyone?? Haha, just doesn't happen. They need to have their Stargate/Creation con in Colorado Springs not Vancouver gosh dangit it The Broadmore Hotel is more than ample accommodations for a convention

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I wanna say there are a couple on the east coast, for the life of me I can't think of the names or locations.

I'm in the same boat... conventions in colorado anyone?? Haha, just doesn't happen. They need to have their Stargate/Creation con in Colorado Springs not Vancouver gosh dangit it The Broadmore Hotel is more than ample accommodations for a convention
          lol I don't live in New York....I live in the boonies of New Hampshire....but NY is closer to me than all the rest....course if/when I get to LA...*thinks hopefully*

Comment

I am really wanting to go to ComicCon this year... but I think that's going to be a bust because my horse trailer bit the dust and I'm having to buy a new one asap so I can get to my competitions this summer!! I was planning on buying a new trailer this year anyway.... just not this soon! *sigh* It's going to put a serious strain on my finances for the next couple of months.... meaning, no vacations for me this summer.... meaning no ComicCon!! *pouts*

Oh well... NEXT YEAR!!
            Oh, idlewild, I didn't know your trailer was totalled in that accident. I thought/hoped it looked worse than it actually was. Having to buy a new trailer, even if you had already started saving up for it, is a hard blow to the purse (sorry, my bad, wallet... )! Didn't you also say you needed/wanted another car for pulling the trailer more safely, or am I mistaken? You know, it never rains, if pours!

Spoiler:

And I totally agree with the blue colour, Scottish Doctor!

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
              Oh, idlewild, I didn't know your trailer was totalled in that accident. I thought/hoped it looked worse than it actually was. Having to buy a new trailer, even if you had already started saving up for it, is a hard blow to the purse (sorry, my bad, wallet... )! Didn't you also say you needed/wanted another car for pulling the trailer more safely, or am I mistaken? You know, it never rains, if pours!
              Well... it wasn't totaled, it's still "usable", just not safe anymore, and it's just not worth the money to fix. It's so old that I can pour $2000 into upgrading/fixing it and I'm still going to have a crappy trailer because of it's age and wear. So I'm better off in the long run of putting that money towards a new(er) one
              And, thankfully, I've found one that is in great condition that is still small enough that I don't need a new/bigger vehicle to tow it with, so that's a definite plus

Oh, I so love this picture Twinny, he was so cute in Irresistible!!
              Spoiler:

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

FWIW, you're not missing much by missing ComiCon. It's so huge there is virtually no chance to actually meet the actors that come as guests, and more often than not you can hear & see the panels better by watching the vids on YouTube after the convention than to try to do it in the HUGE crowded ballrooms. You spend all day standing in long lines and you never even get to see anyone close up.

I've never been claustrophobic in my life, but Comic Con makes me insane! WAY too many people.

I'd want to go to FedCon USA if Paul was confirmed, but he's never been listed as a guest despite saying in Germany that he was planning to go. They originally listed Connor Trinneer as a confirmed guest, but then pulled him off as it turned out they didn't actually have a contract with him (a lot of people canceled their memberships after that happened).

Ah well. I'm too broke to attend any cons this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post

Ah well. I'm too broke to attend any cons this year anyway.
                  Unfortunately, you are not the only one. I wanted to go to FedCon this year as well, wanted to get a hug from Michael Shanks and Kevin Sorbo... But I'm so poor I can't pay it...

Comment

RE: P3

Paul wasn't quite as bubbly at the autos on Sunday night as he usually is but he was very ill the evening before (they really weren't sure if he was going to make it to Sunday at all) and he was also under a bit of pressure to sign quickly because they didn't get through enough on Saturday due to his extra photoshoot.

I can see how some may get the impression of arrogance but I just found him to be very confident which I have no problems with. Got to speak to him numerous times over the weekend and I found him nothing but gracious, charming, polite and a bit of a cheeky sod
                    sigpic
                    by Kaaatie

Comment

omg omg omg omg omg *hyper ventilates* My friend sent me a pic of the auto she is to send to me in the mail

omh omg omg omg

I GOT HUGS AND KISSES FROM PAUL!

Last edited by Scottish Doctor; 29 January 2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Coolies!!

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                          I'm hoping someone good (PAUL) will be at FedCon...so far it seems like it's just a StarTrek convention. :/
                          Paul isn't going to be at FedCon USA. I got an email from their info people last week confirming this.

Comment

I was at the con over the weekend and, I have to say, that I didn't find Paul arrogant at all. He was more confident that he had been in the past, but I saw that as a good thing. He's done more cons now and he knows what to expect. He was also helping Dean Marshall who was at his first con.

I thought he was lovely. I didn't go to the Meet and Greet as my ticket number was too high, so I can't comment on that. But I thought his talks were great and entertaining as usual.

He was more than willing when someone asked if he'd do an additional photoshoot, which was really good of him because it put him under more pressure as far as time was concerned at other points during the weekend.

He was really sweet at the photoshoots, giving great hugs as ever. OK - he didn't tell me I was "pretty as a peach" the way Kavan did. But he said it was great to see me again, and how was I doing?

I was at the autograph session on Sunday, and at the time I was there, he was really lovely. He was listening intently when anyone spoke to him, and seemed anxious that what he wrote for people was fine with them. He wrote a lovely note on the picture I asked him to autograph (the girl behind me in the queue was jealous). But he wasn't feeling 100% then either. He took some tablets to settle his stomach when I was there and was drinking lots of water. But his smile was still wide and his greetings friendly.

I guess everyone has there own feelings about such events and I suspect how we are feeling within ourselves has an impact on how we view others. But I like Paul more each time I meet him. His parting words to me were "Hope to see you again, next time." And I would certainly make the effort to go to any other event he was at, as long as it's not too far away or too hideously expensive.

Comment

Aww congrats on your experience Nel....he sounds positively.....I DUNNO, lol words cannot describe him

Comment

*sneaks in*

Hi there!

I am sorry to say that my experience at the P3 went with phibis.

Paul was an entertainer and his panels and the photoshooting was great fun, but in my humble opinion it sometimes went over the edge.
                                Too much "wanted to be kissed", "I am single" and high pitched "thank you..."

It was the first time I saw him in person and "a tad too arrogant and self-centered" was what went to my mind from time to time. Not all the time and I won't say that it was a bad experience to meet him but all the other guests looked me in my eyes and had a sentence or two with me at the autograph session and it all felt much more personal.

Okay, maybe one can blame the food poison stuff for that. On the other hand a friend of me was very disappointed when she met him some months ago and she said something similar. But people aren't perfect (who is?) and we might caught him by accident on two not so keen days.

If there is an opportunity, I will surely try to see him again!

~~~

I have a question for you folks and I hope you aren't mad at me because I don't want to search all the zillion of pages in this threat: is there a picture from the tattoo on his arm? Only got a glimpse of it and I really would like to see it
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X