Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for the report HyperCaz

great pics as well, you luck thing you

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

I'm writing the third day at the moment. Some more from Paul i'll let you know when i've updated

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
        ok i'm just going to post my pics again....lol

my con report is here: http://www.sg1database.net/smf/index.php?topic=3216.0

more pics and goss to come, but I think these two are all I'll ever need...

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/154/gaze1zr.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3033/hands3fh.jpg
        Hey Caz,

Just gave ya some green! Should be studying but just had to add this:

Great con report and you look soooo pretty and cute with that hung over and sunburnt scottish guy (did you notice that line across his forehead - it was as if he was wearing some hat or something to get that!?!)

Another reason: wanted to say I love you for calling me "young" in your con report. I haven't been "young" in a long time, even if some people thought it was my 18th birthday. And it was very scary for me to ask the wet and shirtless question - I am shy you know ... I'm gonna run away and hide from that now! Luckily I redeemed myself and explained it to DN later.

And you didn't see me on the dance floor coz I was hiding!

My table was next to David's and Paul's and I had my back inches from David, so every time I turned around he was sort of in my view. I did enjoy watching all of you dancing and yes, I won't forget your faces... one day those pics will haunt the net!

Take care.

Comment

soooo now I know you're face lol...I loved that question.

Still writing third day...my keyboard is wearing out.

I got the type of car Beckett would be asnwer is this one

Comment

ok i'm just going to post my pics again....lol

my con report is here: http://www.sg1database.net/smf/index.php?topic=3216.0

more pics and goss to come, but I think these two are all I'll ever need...

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/154/gaze1zr.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3033/hands3fh.jpg
            Adorable piccies!! Thanks for the link to your con report. I'm going to check it out now.

Comment

I have finished the con report with more pics. aaaaaand what type of car Paul said that Beckett was

http://www.sg1database.net/smf/index.php?topic=3216.0

Comment

Ok that is the BEST picture! Lucky gal!

Thank you for such a detailed con report! It must have taken you forever to do.

Comment

I'm $1000 in debt. *freaks*

It was soooooo worth it.

I happen to like a scruffy look on Paul.

uh oh, I told him I loved him

words of Paul: "David Nykl was eaten by a wombat"

....oops?

Comment

Originally posted by Immy
                    This-is-so-great! Thanks for making that! Hehe...

HyperCaz - thanks for the link to your wonderful con report with the lovely pics! Really great!

I love all the stuff about the movie he and David will do. So David's sister will play Paul's love interest? Just imagine them falling in love in earnest! He and DH could suddenly be related then!

Although I don't wonder that PM didn't really want to dance. I think although he's very funny and open when it comes to his fangirls, there are a few things he's not very comfortable with or considers too private, and since he nearly fled from the dance floor I guess this was a little too much for him (or maybe he was just not feeling well because of the hang over or the sunburn. )

I liked to read the story about the way he told his parents about his role on SG, because I alway missed it before. Everyone just said "You know, the story about his parents", and.I.never.knew.what.they.were.talking.about!
                    Thanks, HyperCaz, now I know! But I have another question: What is this for a story you also mention in your report:
                    "'oh I couldn’t – just a wee bit' story about his parents at the set of Stargate."
                    I so want to know!

But what cheered me up the most was that he said that there will be more Beckett in the second half of the season! And this "Beckett getting dark" rumour we speculated about is really
                    Spoiler:
                    about the retrovirus and the moralistic concerns that are connected with it.
                    Wow, you can say I'm intrigued and want to see it!

Bye, A.

EDIT:
                    P.S. I have to admit that I'm a little upset about what he said about the German con he once attended. People smoking - well, I hate that too, wonder that it was allowed at the con at all. But people 'speaking in creepy ways'? What did he mean? Ok, could be he met some really strange people there who were really creepy (would be a shame). But if not - hey, not the whole world is speaking English, and not everyone who learnt it can speak it perfectly.
                    But, well, I don't know the exact context in which he talked about that and maybe I shouldn't judge a short sentence in a report which may not even be a literal quote. Was there more about it? Was it meant as a joke?
                    Last edited by Arlessiar; 14 November 2005, 04:34 AM. Reason: Added PS
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Arlessiar, don't worry yourself about the German Con comment. I can't remember exactly how it was worded, but basicaly he did a bit of an impersonation of a man who asked something like 'Beckett has a sense of humour, do you have a sense of humour' then after Paul said that he liked to think so the guy gave a one word answer like 'right' or some such. It was all said it a monotone while smoking. There was a bit more to it, just the general kind of reaction at the con. While I found the retelling funny I admit that if it was me I probably would have been a bit wierded out too. Sorry for not explaining that very clearly at all, but it's late and I should be in bed by now.

Oh, hang on a second. The hug! Yes, I got a hug from Paul! I remember reading somewhere on the internet earlier this year somebody's con report where they said that he gives fantastic hugs and that nobody should pass up the chance if they get it. Well, they were right. He really does wrap his arms right around you and gives a really good squeeze. *melts* I actually had no intention of bothering the poor man for a hug, but the woman I met there (who was another BOBW newbie, so we kind of stuck together) asked him for one at the wrap party, and before I knew it had told him that I wanted one too! I must have looked like a stunned mullet! I think my eyes almost popped out. I shook my head (I think, it's a bit hazy), put my arms up in front of myself and managed to squeek out something like 'I wasn't going to!' but he was already reaching out and just said 'that's alright'. Honestly, between the fact that it was just sprung on me like that, and that he gives the most mind-numbingly fully-body bear hugs, I really think that my brain shut down there for a bit. All I managed to register was the feel of the material of his jacket, the fact that I'm short enough that my face was buried in his right arm/shoulder and that he felt really quite firm, lovely and solid. And now I'm kicking myself a little for being thrown off and stupidly only useing one arm (was holding a bag, but it wasn't heavy) instead of doing it 'properly' (I did the same thing with David Hewlett too). *bangs head* That and the fact that it must have appeared that I was so horribly shy that I couldn't even ask for my own hug!

Excuse me, I think I need to go sit quietly in the corner for a bit.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
                      --Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Illinga
                        Arlessiar, don't worry yourself about the German Con comment. I can't remember exactly how it was worded, but basicaly he did a bit of an impersonation of a man [...]
                        Thank you very much for that explanation, seems I was worrying too much and was too quick with writing about it.
                        So it was only one strange fellow - I can live with that!

And about the hug - I'm so happy for you!
                        And I think it's cute and also nice that you were a little shy when you asked for a hug - he may give a lot of them, but still one shouldn't expect it to be an implicitness. But some people ask so boldly for it that it nearly becomes one. I think the fact that he said that 'it's alright' could mean that he can understand the wish, and maybe also that he appreciates the fact that someone aks in a polite way, and that not everyone who likes a hug would also dare to ask for it.

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I have a lot more notes on what Paul and David Hewlett were saying in their shared session, but it's more amusing stuff than actual content.

So now we know Paul has a massive TV. I wonder if he has surround sound?

Comment

that is an awsome piccy HyperCaz
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                              Hey Caz,
                              (did you notice that line across his forehead - it was as if he was wearing some hat or something to get that!?!)
                              I think it looks like sunglasses

Comment

I have finished the con report with more pics. aaaaaand what type of car Paul said that Beckett was

http://www.sg1database.net/smf/index.php?topic=3216.0
                                Wow, thanks for the report and photos. Paul is just wonderful, isn't he?

So, this is my second set of photos I've seen from the con photo op and again David Nykl looks to be the same height as Paul and David H. But on the show, Nykl always looks shorter than Hewlett. What's with that?

I know this is the Beckett/McGillion thread, but don't have a cap of Beckett and Zelenka standing together on the same level.

And Beckett looks to me to be slightly shorter than McKay on the show,

but I think I read somewhere that Paul is actually a centimeter taller than David H.

It's such a minor point but inquiring minds (ok, maybe just me) would like to know their heights! I know Paul is 5'10' because he says so on his own website.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X