No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.:Are there any videos? I'd really like to see one.

Comment

Hey all, keep an eye our for photos and videos of the rally......you will love it! Also, keep an eye and ear out for these media outlets, which covered the event (10 total). Just a sampling of who covered the event:

CBC TV
      CBC Radio (two seperate shows)
      CityTV
      Vancouver Proveence
      Vancouver Sun
      United Press

We sent a very loud message, but this is only the beginning. We will begin the next leg of the campaign immediately. A BIG thank-you to all of you who invested your time and energy into helping. We really appreciate it.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND MAY THE PIPE BAND PLAY ON!

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        Hey all! Jenner here with an quick update on the rally.

It went FANTASTIC! LOADS of press showed up, CBC TV, Two CBC radio, Vancouver Sun, Provence and the United Press. PLUS Jason, Rachel and David came out. Joe and Gero were there as well. Updates on all of this is coming very soon!

Those in the Van area will see ALOT of me on TV with TJ thrown in when she wasn't too bust filming! as I am one of the press coordinators. And LOADS of video and photos are coming very soon. Just let us get our bearings.

ALSO: A rumor is going around as to who may or may not have organized this rally and involved the press. The SaveCarson.com team is comprises of four females, no males whatsoever. Those involved are:

Michelle05
        Jenner8675309
        TJUK
        Anise76
        Wow!! Hi Jen!! Have fun!! Sound you already have it *waves*

Comment

Just to let you know i LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beckett
          Look at my sig

Comment

Girls, you are awesome! I wish I could have been there...

But I've veen reading everything that I can find about the rally

Hihihihihihihi *blushes* Yeah, I did it!
            Base Carson by Haliyah, small changes by myself ^^

Thanks for the greens (and for all the explanations!).

Now it's my turn of "greengiving"

Comment

HAHAHA take that Mallozzi. lol soooo wish I could have been there. JENNER tell us more! And where is Jersey? I WANT PICS and VIDS and YOUTUBE AND PHOTOBUCKET AWAIT YOU. Come on we want to see the posters and pipers...

Comment

Eekk! Carson on the second page a day after the big event, we can't have that. Sooo ... some pics ... (Speaking of which, can't wait to see a some more photos/video from the event)

Random Cap:

And one of my favorites ... Men on a mission:

Happy Thunking All. Have a great weekend!!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                  .:Oh, I'm so happy to hear that! Keep the campaign rolling, lads and lasses!
                  .:I'm wondering if my Aunt would mind going to the nearest newspaper stand to get me a copy of the Sun or something and mail it to my lonely province...
                  Thanks!!

Comment

A certain photo made its way into the Vancouver Sun. It's a sidebar to another article, but at least its a mention. A well-engineered photo op! Good job by whoever thought that one up.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Here's an article about the campaign in Vancouver 24 Hours.

This article says "more than 50" fans showed up, which doesn't sound like a lot. After the bus arrived, Joe Mallozzi puts the number closer to a hundred, so maybe the reporter missed the bus arrival.
                      Last edited by watcher652; 23 March 2007, 01:25 PM.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Thanks for the links, watcher!

Comment

Hey guys, not on for long but a quick update on some of the media.

Front page of the business section of the Vancouver Sun, great photo of the "Save Carson" butt shot!

Page three of the paper 24 Hours

Page A10 of the Vancouver Provence, lovely shot of Paul

Full profile on CityTV in the evening, small clip on breakfast tv

Segment on CBC, national news, not just local BC CBC

Live 8-10 minute interview on CBC Radio One (national)

Taped interview for CBC Radio

Interview and photo shoot with United Press International

Possible upcoming slot on Urban Rush

Georgia Straight interview

We will eventually be scanning articles and of course are receiving copies of all the radio and tv, but it may take a few days through the media service so if anyone has a taped copy please PM TJUK, me or Anise 76. That way we can get it up faster for everyone.

A lot of activities left for this weekend.....updates to follow. Way to be such great fans. And yes watcher, we had more like 80-100 participants.

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            I thought I would share a larger picture of the cover shot with you fine Paul fans

plus David said I did a good job taking pictures so I am proud he used it

but how could Paul be anything BUT Adorable

You lucky woman...you got to film and hug Paul all in the same day. If you were next to me I'd give you a high five.
                            PJumper42

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                              Hey guys, not on for long but a quick update on some of the media.

Front page of the business section of the Vancouver Sun, great photo of the "Save Carson" butt shot!

Page three of the paper 24 Hours

Page A10 of the Vancouver Provence, lovely shot of Paul

Full profile on CityTV in the evening, small clip on breakfast tv

Segment on CBC, national news, not just local BC CBC

Live 8-10 minute interview on CBC Radio One (national)

Taped interview for CBC Radio

Interview and photo shoot with United Press International

Possible upcoming slot on Urban Rush

Georgia Straight interview

We will eventually be scanning articles and of course are receiving copies of all the radio and tv, but it may take a few days through the media service so if anyone has a taped copy please PM TJUK, me or Anise 76. That way we can get it up faster for everyone.

A lot of activities left for this weekend.....updates to follow. Way to be such great fans. And yes watcher, we had more like 80-100 participants.

Woo, come on guys!!!

Comment

wow this is so weird hearing about thunkers "offline"

Comment

Working...
                                X