Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
    The local ones where I live usually have between 15,000 and 22,000 people at them throughout a given weekend, depending on the guests, and that's actually medium sized. Comic-con I think would be too much at like 70,000. That many people is just ghastly.
    Circa 70.000? The con I just visited had 140 people tops. And that was already stressful enough sometimes. I'm already afraid of P2, because there'll be several hundred people, maybe even thousand. I don't think I could go to a con with 70.000 people, not even for David or Paul.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
      Circa 70.000? The con I just visited had 140 people tops. And that was already stressful enough sometimes. I'm already afraid of P2, because there'll be several hundred people, maybe even thousand. I don't think I could go to a con with 70.000 people, not even for David or Paul.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/Carsonbw.jpg

Bye, A.
      I was so glad too that we were only like 130 people! It's more like a private party with the guests that way. *lol* (Oh my god, Doug and Peter so were the disco kings on saturday XDDD Paul just kinda sat there and watched *lol*)
      I felt more at ease this way because it was my first con and it REALLY helped you to get to know the actors. I felt that I had my fair share of time with them. =)
      Though I think I'd also visit a bigger con, just to... you know, see how it feels. (I was on a U2 concert with 77.000 people last summer and I was in the very first row... now that was kinda stressy, but worth the experience! *lol*)
      sigpic

Comment

Good night thunkers here.

Very, very tired. Am currently talking to very successful ex-boyfriend.

*Falls to the floor in an exhausted heap*

Wake me up when this whole Carson situation is resolved...

Oh no!!! I'm teaching tomorrow!!! Where's the week gone?!

New group too...oh well I get period 1 and 4 off. Then I'm late home...

I love Thursdays.

Comment

As someone who used to suffer from agoraphobia, I can totally relate about your being nervous to go to a really big convention. But I go to DragonCon every year and that hovers around 30,000 people and I don't really have any problems with it.

First off, you're meeting all sorts of people on these boards. You're bound to "know" someone who's going and can have a companion during the con. Second, the bigger cons let you see a lot more people from your favorite shows. It's a lot of fun. Third, you really have so many kindred spirits around you, it doesn't tend to really feel crowded.

Give it a shot! Go to an established bigger convention so you know it'll be more organized and, thus, a little less crazy. You could suddenly find out what a fun thing it is to do.

And for an idea of what Paulie looks like in person? Go to his page and look at his headshots. That gorgeous close-up with his blue eyes glowing? That looks a lot like him in person.

I also had to laugh to hear that Paulie was late. I'm sure if Alexis ever found out about it, he'd regret not being there to tease him right back. Of course, Alexis was walking in with sunglasses on and acting as if the world was just a little too loud for him.

Comment

I've decided, even though at first I thought "why bother", to send one of those letters to TPTB. I'm a wee bit desperate...

anyway, I'm thinking Carson needs to use his charming smile more, so as to win over more fans for his cause. I like it when he smiles but in particularly the CHARMING smile...the one that Paul uses a lot and makes fangirls turn to mush!!

Spoiler:
            like the smile in The Return Pt 2 when he gets captured by the replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
              As someone who used to suffer from agoraphobia, I can totally relate about your being nervous to go to a really big convention. But I go to DragonCon every year and that hovers around 30,000 people and I don't really have any problems with it.

First off, you're meeting all sorts of people on these boards. You're bound to "know" someone who's going and can have a companion during the con. Second, the bigger cons let you see a lot more people from your favorite shows. It's a lot of fun. Third, you really have so many kindred spirits around you, it doesn't tend to really feel crowded.
              I met Watcher and AmIReal there, just randomly, and we had a fabulous time.

And for an idea of what Paulie looks like in person? Go to his page and look at his headshots. That gorgeous close-up with his blue eyes glowing? That looks a lot like him in person.
              Paul in person is to DIE for.

I also had to laugh to hear that Paulie was late. I'm sure if Alexis ever found out about it, he'd regret not being there to tease him right back. Of course, Alexis was walking in with sunglasses on and acting as if the world was just a little too loud for him.
              Alexis was *so* hung over. And wearing a Utilikilt. Cute kid.
              Mice
              Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

hope everyone has lots of turkey
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I've been wanting to go to a convention. One of these days I'll go to one. I would go to DragonCon since I live near Atlanta. I wanted to go this past summer, but I didn't have any extra cash. So hopefully next time I can go!!

Also I want to wish all the American thunkers a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
                  Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                    Last night I did an audition for the old folk's christmas party to sing solo, and I sang 'Our Journey Begins' from the episode Critical Mass.
                    Such a pretty song! I've been working on writing the music down for this on piano. Did you sing it a capella? Let us know how it turns out.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                    Circa 70.000? The con I just visited had 140 people tops.
                    Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                    I was so glad too that we were only like 130 people! It's more like a private party with the guests that way. *lol*
                    Small cons rock! Because you are more likely to get more one on one time with the guest(s). I'va also done big cons, but they are more fun if you have a friend(s) to hang out with.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                      Have y'all seen my avatar?

ha! heheh thats great!
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                        Well, that's really just an arbitrary number for Comic-con, really... I read it somewhere, don't remember exactly where though.
                        i went to comic con in 2004

most amazing thing i've done... totally freaking great!
                        i highly recommend it
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Just got a chance to see Retrun pt 2. Great episode. Although it makes me feel even worse at what's happening to Beckett. There were definitely some great Carson moments in the episode. Some of the kind of moments that happened remind me why I love the character so much. The compasion and the humour of the character stand out for me. As well he's so down to earth and just kind of the every-man. I must say though, that after hearing all the rumours, some of the things that went on kind of highlight, IMO anyway, the direction things are apparently going. To me they also show a kind of lack of respect for the character.

Anyway ... don't want to dwell on that right now.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Americans on this thread! Hope it's a great one!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I'm sure everyone on this Thunk Thread is thankful for the gorgeousness that is Paul McGillion and the adorableness that is Carson Beckett. This would be whether or not you're currently in the US celebrating Thanksgiving!

And rac76, the earlier you buy your "membership" to DragonCon, the cheaper it is. If you come across any cash before February, I'd go for it. It gets incrementally more expensive as the months go by after that.

At any rate, Marcia is doing a wonderful job with the new Stargate track. And she has all sorts of nifty fun planned for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by rosiewook View Post
                              I'm sure everyone on this Thunk Thread is thankful for the gorgeousness that is Paul McGillion and the adorableness that is Carson Beckett. This would be whether or not you're currently in the US celebrating Thanksgiving!
                              Oh how very true!!

Hope everyone had a great day!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Just an observation, and I'm not trying to cause trouble, but when I attended the Vancouver Creation Con, I had a chance to talk to Martin Gero, one of the big writers, on Atlantis. I asked him why they were killing off characters like Pendergast and Grodin. His answer was that in real life, people die. And if they hope to keep the story fresh, they need to get rid of characters from time to time.

So, I suspect that is the reason they have decided that Beckett would go. Money is probably not part of the equation since Paul McGillion is not a top of the line actor. The industry list their actors as A list (Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz), B list (Michael Shanks, Ben Browder, Joe Flannigan), and C list ( Cliff Simon, Paul McGillion and Craig Veroni). Obviously, the C list actors don't earn as much as the others higher up the list. A C list actor will earn between $2,000 to $3,000 per week of work. That sounds like a lot until you realize that most C list actors are guest stars and don't work steadily.

BTW, I know all this because I have friends who work in television.
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X