No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I dunno how fast you are at sewing, but it will take a LOT of hours to make a fiberglass prop and then cast it in silicone rubber to make reproductions of it. But if you do find/make a nice pattern for a uniform, I promise I'll pay you for a commision to make me one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
      Haha, I dunno how fast you are at sewing, but it will take a LOT of hours to make a fiberglass prop and then cast it in silicone rubber to make reproductions of it. But if you do find/make a nice pattern for a uniform, I promise I'll pay you for a commision to make me one.
      The only thing I'll charge is the cost of the matterial. I'm nice like that. I never make people pay me for my time. Once I have a pattern drawn out, it won't take me long to sew it if I don't have an hangups along the way.

*CENSOR* I can't find my bleeping cell phone! And when I call it all I get is my bleeping voicemail. That's the bleeping number they're calling! BLEEP!

Edit: Never mind...I found it. Finally...but it still won't accept calls!
      Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Aww... hope you get it working again. I found a really nice ref pic for a P90, and I think it would be pretty tough to carve a base out of foam to glass over top of. Personally, I'd prefer to find someone who has one IRL and then ask to make a mold of that, but I don't know any gun collectors that might own one. *sigh* Maybe I'll give foam a try first and see how it turns out.

Comment

I did. And it wasn't a great interview. She asked me questions that I absolutely had no answers to. So yeah...probably won't be hearing back from them.

BUT! I do for sure, most definantly, without a doubt have the other job I've been working on. So YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm excited! I have a job! Someone wants me! WOO!

Well I'm off to the fabric store to see if I can't find me some fabric suitable for the SGA.

I just read on the Anti-Cast Transplant thread that at a Con recently Paul said that the fate of some of the SGA and SG1 cast is up in the air. I'm guessing that means some of SGA is gonna be killed or kicked off to make room for SG1 in Atlantis? I dunno. But it doesn't sound promising. I absolutely love all the SGA cast and I'd be devistated if any of them got kicked off, esp. Carson! I really hope that's not gonna happen.

Comment

If that happens, I'll be seriously pissed. I don't really care about Ford or Ronon, or even Teyla that much really (not that they've done much for her as yet), but Beckett and McKay (and Shep too, I guess) are the ones that are NO-GO. If one of them got bumped off, I'd probably stop watching.

Comment

I love all the main characters, some more than others... And I don't wanna see any of them axed just to be replaced. I'm still holding out hope that the SG1 cast will say no...but I doubt that's gonna happen. I figure it'd be someone of lesser importance that gets dumped. They're all important to me, so I don't see who they'd kick off. Depending on what they do, and who gets what, that determines if I stop watching or not. Which I probably will. I like the show and cast just as they are, well sorta...I have my misgivings about character development, but I'd chose to ignore those if they don't bring SG1 over. Besides, if they get rid of Carson...who's gonna be his nurse? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Comment

Well, I don't want to see SGA tainted by SG1 at all.

C'mon, Leighanners ... Just this one more post and we can celebrate 5k! Yay!

Comment

OH! OH! It's me? I get to be the 5K poster?!?!?! SWEET! Actually it'd be 5001st wouldn't it? But that's cool! Even if it means I have to be at the top of the page again.

I don't wanna see SGA tainted either. I think it and it's characters can become a much greater show with SG1 gone. TPTB can focus on Atlantis and it's characters and build it up to be a great show and hopefully leave behind a legacy as great as SG1's.

Comment

Honestly speaking, though, I don't think that TPTB really focused much on Atlantis at all, but that's just my opinion. Common Ground was a good ep, but what I think made it so great is that it didn't need a back story behind Shep to work beautifully. It's unfortunate that the writers are interpreting fan outrage at lack of character development as a lack of a story behind the characters, which is NOT the same thing.

Unlike Sateda, which just graphically and pointlessly portrayed Ronon as an avenger type, Common Ground delved into the shades of both Shep's personality and that of the Wraith prisoner, which is a breath of fresh air compared to the stale and recycled plot lines we've been seeing thus far, and it didn't seem cheesy or overly emotional to me at all. I hope we continue to see good work from Ken Cuperus.

Comment

I don't think they did either. And I hope that with SG1 gone, they can focus more on SGA and all of it's characters. I really hope Ken is around for a long time. Because he did super with CG...he sould be allowed to write all of their eps. Haha! Maybe I should talk to him about my Carson ep I have in mind...I'm sure he can do great things with it!

Comment

LOL, you got his phone number or something? Hehe, maybe you can sneak a copy of my fic onto his desk.

Comment

Haha! I wish...I guess I'll have to stalk him out. Although I don't stalk, I don't know what he looks like, and I'd have to travel a great distance to get there. Might be a little difficult to do. If he'd just read this thread, it'd be so much easier on both of us. I'm not asking much. I just think we need to throw in a shower scene and Carson needs to get some...and as long as it's not with Cadman, or Rodney for all you slashers out there...I'm good. Is that too much to ask? I don't think it is...haha

Comment

Haha... I doubt PM would want it to be Rodney, or any other male character in the cast. I think he's been traumatized enough in that regard.

Personally, I find Cadman a little too 'harsh' for Carson. She seems coarse and unrefined in Duet, and Carson seems like he deserves a really nice, sweet girl that isn't so intimidating. He needs a girl that's just like him, and is just as smart.

Comment

My sister has officially seen more SGA than me. She dled all the eps from S2 cause I don't have them...errr! And then wouldn't let me watch them! How unfair is that?!?! That's okay, I'll wait until S2 comes out. I am a patient soul. Anyways, we were talking about Cadman, cause I've seen about two blinks worth of her performance, and we both agreed that she wasn't the type for Carson and that she had pretty hair. We both too felt that they didn't fit well together. I too feel that Carson could find someone nicer. I'm sure there is someone out there for him. I mean, they are in another galaxy for crying out loud! Someone kinda like Perna...but one that doesn't die.

Comment

Ok I just saw the quote from the con (I'm guessing it was this weekend in Toronto as thats the only recent one he's done), and something about the details being in the 'Sparky thread'??? I'm really worried...between Torri, David and now this...No Carson, Me no watch...simple as that. Anyone got the link to this 'Sparky' thread? (What the hell is 'Sparky' anyway?).

Comment

Working...
                                X