No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's terrible. What do you do? For a job...

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Funny had the same conversation with lg a few days ago I work for a Dry Cleaning/laundry company - 2IC/Assistant manager, my immediate superior is off on leave and some one has to pick up the slack - most of the extra will only be an hour or two, but there are a couple of 10 hour days next week
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Funny had the same conversation with lg a few days ago I work for a Dry Cleaning/laundry company - 2IC/Assistant manager, my immediate superior is off on leave and some one has to pick up the slack - most of the extra will only be an hour or two, but there are a couple of 10 hour days next week
        Ah.. Well then I can understand the extra hours and work then. It's never great, easy or fun but that's the price you pay for being 2IC. I was an AGM (Assistant General Manager) for a hotel for a few months. I was always at work and even still the company told me I wasn't working enough.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yeah, they caught me at a bad time when they told me about the extra hours, I was having one on my moments and the conversation kinda went like this.....

"so this is your work sheet while She's away* no 'could you' or' is it possible...'

Me "hang on, why is it always me..... " (There's a long list of reason why this gets to me)

"Because no-one else offered"

Me (I uttered a few expletives here and I'm not proud of it) "well you can have my notice then......."

"Not accepting it, and besides you enjoy it here to much......."

and unfortunately they're right!

Sorry needed to vent

sigpic

Comment

Vent away m'dear, vent away. I understand what it's like to have a job you both hate and love. Only for me it was a bbq restaurant run by a cheap Greek. Not that all Greek's are cheap, just this one.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Yeah, there's more hate than love at the moment, and by the end of these 2 weeks there may well be loathing thrown in for good measure, but they're right, I do enjoy it.

Reckon it's gonna take plenty of this to keep my spirits up

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

*swoons* Carson makes everyone's day better

Hi lg. How are you?

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Morning lg (very strange saying that at 5pm!) sleep well ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                      *swoons* Carson makes everyone's day better

Hi lg. How are you?
                      Morning lg (very strange saying that at 5pm!) sleep well ?
                      Hey, ladies! Yeah, imagine my confusion saying "Good night" at like noon! LOL! Or earlier, depending on where in the world everyone is.

I did sleep well, thanks for asking. And I'm okay. A bit frustrated at the moment, but that'll fade.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                        Hey, ladies! Yeah, imagine my confusion saying "Good night" at like noon! LOL! Or earlier, depending on where in the world everyone is.

I did sleep well, thanks for asking. And I'm okay. A bit frustrated at the moment, but that'll fade.
                        Oh I know that feeling well, hope you get it sorted

(Am I the only one having problems with PB today???)
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope. There were issues with someone else over on the AfA thread, too. And I always have issues with PB. I just grin and bear it.

Spoiler:
                          The frustration comes from having had brilliant ideas for a gimp project and TWS Ch 10 but not being able to gimp/write because of this issue or that need or this little minor thing or that.......And all of them come up right as I think I've got everything done and can sit for a good long time. I'm just about to the point where I'm going to tell everyone and everything to bug off for a while and leave me alone!

Comment

I don't know, sorry. I'm on the other computer and it doesn't like PB..

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Nope. There were issues with someone else over on the AfA thread, too. And I always have issues with PB. I just grin and bear it.

I'm just about to the point where I'm going to tell everyone and everything to bug off for a while and leave me alone!
                              Does that include us??

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                                Does that include us??
                                Nope. That includes the little things like the water being spilled because the cup is sitting in the wrong spot, the laundry that needs to be switched over at the worst possible moment, the computer cables that want to get caught on everything even though there's nothing there. You know....the unimportant things.

Comment

Working...
                                X