Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scaperfan
    A very Spring-like pic, no? Speaks of sunshine and fluffy clouds and teddy bears and squishy hugs and happiness and.....yes, nice things.
    *sings* These are a few of Paul's favorite things...

And chocolate, apparently.

Does anyone here know the etymology of the name McGillion? It's really starting to drive me nuts not knowing. Any time I hear a name that's obviously Scottish in origin, I have to look up its meaning and clan association. But I've hit nothing but dead ends with this name.

I tried Behind the Name. They didn't have a whole lot to go on.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I found what I was looking for:
    Excerpt from: A history of the clan Mac Lean from its first settlement at Duard Castle, in the Isle of Mull, to the present period; including a genealogical account of some of the principal families together with their heraldry, legends, superstitions, etc.

The name is not uniformly spelled even in the Gaelic language. In John MacKenzie's "Beauties of Gaelic Poetry," it is thus spelled: MacIlleain, MacIlleau, MhacIllean, MacGhilleain, MacGhilleoin, and Chlan-Illeain. In Rev. A. MacLean Sinclair's " Clarsach na Coille," I find the following methods used: Clann-Ghilleain, Mhic-GlUeain, MhacGilleai, but in numerous other instances, MacGilleain. In the same compiler's " Glenbard Collection of Gaelic Poetry," four variations are given, viz.: MhacGilleain, MhacGilleoin, MhicGilleain, and MacGilleain....In the account of the constable of Tarbart, rendered in 1325, the name is spelled McGillion. In an account rendered at Scone, in 1327, it is also McGilhon.
    If Paul is from Clan MacLean, his clan tartans include:

and

The MacLean crest is:

So now that I've probably put everyone to sleep, I guess we should get back to posting actual pictures of Paul/Carson, and discussing this calendar project bunny.
    Last edited by Atarah Derek; 03 December 2009, 10:35 AM. Reason: Found the info I was looking for
    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her"
    SGA Lionized!
    sigpic
    For the larger version, visit my DA
    I support VOM and Bibles Unbound.
    I ship canon. & Keller
    Warning: Narnia fanatic posting here. VDT release date: 12/10/2010

Comment

^^ Thanks for that info, you didn't put me to sleep with it A while back I tried to find out if the name McGillion was Scottish or Irish (it does sound Irish) - I couldn't find info about it anywhere, so once again, thanks! So it's part of the MacLean clan, then? Well then, I've been at Duart Castle where they first settled - very nice it is too

I LOVE his shoes in this pic (I've seen him wearing them in other pics too) - they're like the ones that The Beatles used to wear! I'm a huge fan of The Beatles so to see Paul wearing shoes like theirs is brilliant
      Newly liberated multi-thunker
      http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
      Julia xx

Comment

Hey there Carson lovers!

I was fooling around with my two fav guys in photoshop and made this:
        Spoiler:

Just a silly thing, but I like it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
          I was fooling around with my two fav guys in photoshop and made this(snip)
          That picture was taken in L.A. If you were there, you should've said hi. I wore my "Got Scotch?" and "Save Carson" t-shirts and everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Atarah Derek View Post
            Does anyone here know the etymology of the name McGillion? It's really starting to drive me nuts not knowing. Any time I hear a name that's obviously Scottish in origin, I have to look up its meaning and clan association. But I've hit nothing but dead ends with this name.

I tried Behind the Name. They didn't have a whole lot to go on.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I found what I was looking for:

Excerpt from: A history of the clan Mac Lean from its first settlement at Duard Castle, in the Isle of Mull, to the present period; including a genealogical account of some of the principal families together with their heraldry, legends, superstitions, etc.

The name is not uniformly spelled even in the Gaelic language. In John MacKenzie's "Beauties of Gaelic Poetry," it is thus spelled: MacIlleain, MacIlleau, MhacIllean, MacGhilleain, MacGhilleoin, and Chlan-Illeain. In Rev. A. MacLean Sinclair's " Clarsach na Coille," I find the following methods used: Clann-Ghilleain, Mhic-GlUeain, MhacGilleai, but in numerous other instances, MacGilleain. In the same compiler's " Glenbard Collection of Gaelic Poetry," four variations are given, viz.: MhacGilleain, MhacGilleoin, MhicGilleain, and MacGilleain....In the account of the constable of Tarbart, rendered in 1325, the name is spelled McGillion. In an account rendered at Scone, in 1327, it is also McGilhon.
            soooo im pretty sure after reading the part about the castle i started picture Paul and Carson living in one and thinking about what that would like for both the man and the character hahaha
            sigpic
            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

*snickers loudly* Nice photo shop thingy Lady S. Hmm...why do I think of the Grinch and Max when I see the pic? *scratches head* I swear I'm not bendy on cold medicine. Right. So we have a bunny in our Spring section of calendar huh? Good. What other Carson/Paul pic screams Spring? More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! hehehe }:O
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                That picture was taken in L.A. If you were there, you should've said hi. I wore my "Got Scotch?" and "Save Carson" t-shirts and everything!
                I know. That's my duo pic. I'm in the middle, well I was before I put in all those presents!
                sigpic

Comment

You're the best wrapped present ever Lady S.!! What was it like in the middle of a manwich? *floats off to happy place* More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                    So we have a bunny in our Spring section of calendar huh? Good. What other Carson/Paul pic screams Spring? More Hot Scot shots please!! Woohoo!! hehehe }:O
                    Well, actually I refer to pretty much any idea as a bunny. You know, like plot bunnies and picture bunnies. Basically creative ideas that breed more creative ideas, and then run off just when you actually need them.

"The bunny, the bunny, oh I ate the bunny."
                    Ahem. Sorry. Veggie moment.
                    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her"
                    SGA Lionized!
                    sigpic
                    I ship canon. & Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Atarah Derek View Post
                      Well, actually I refer to pretty much any idea as a bunny. You know, like plot bunnies and picture bunnies. Basically creative ideas that breed more creative ideas, and then run off just when you actually need them.

"The bunny, the bunny, oh I ate the bunny."
                      Ahem. Sorry. Veggie moment.
                      this is soo OT but i heart veggie tales!
                      sigpic

Comment

*snickers loudly* I kinda figured plot/picture bunnies were running amok. But Paul's adorable with a bunny in his arms. Okay,we have the kilted centerfold and possibly a bunny shot...what other Paul/Carson pic screams Spring? *puts on thinking cap* Woohoo!! }:O
                        sigpic

Comment

Does no one else want a high-quality vid of one of Paul's panels (in his dress kilt)? I'm rather shocked.

Comment

Does no one else want a high-quality vid of one of Paul's panels (in his dress kilt)? I'm rather shocked.
                            Seriously, I'm the only one so far?
                            Everybody, you've gotta see this!
                            It's Paul!
                            He's in a kilt!
                            He can't sit down when he's in a kilt!
                            He sings! Badly! But then well!
                            He does impersonations!
                            He does Doctor Beckett!
                            So many things worthy of exclamation marks!!
                            I'm 31 minutes in, and I'm currently dying...Teryl just talked about "evil Doctor Beckett's nurse!"

Comment

Originally posted by scaperfan View Post
                              Seriously, I'm the only one so far?
                              Everybody, you've gotta see this!
                              It's Paul!
                              He's in a kilt!
                              He can't sit down when he's in a kilt!
                              He sings! Badly! But then well!
                              He does impersonations!
                              He does Doctor Beckett!
                              So many things worthy of exclamation marks!!
                              I'm 31 minutes in, and I'm currently dying...Teryl just talked about "evil Doctor Beckett's nurse!"
                              no your not!! i wanna see it!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Of course! Is it on YouTube?

Those pictures of the wedding scene someone posted earlier...we could use one of those for June.
                                SGA Lionized!
                                sigpic
                                I ship canon. & Keller

Comment

Working...
                                X