No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an idea last night, about a kind of Doctor Who/Atlantis crossover fic. I say "kind of" because the only person from Atlantis who'd be in it would be Carson (he's the only Atlantis character I'd feel confident writing for, I can hear his voice so clearly in my head)! It'd be the 10th Doctor of course - the timeframe would be set between "Planet Of The Dead" and "The Waters Of Mars", so it won't affect the Who timeline too much (I've tried writing AU fic before but it's a tad difficult). Plus, Ten is my favourite in lots of ways! Oh and the female companion - a new character - would meet the Doctor before they meet Dr. Beckett. Dr. Beckett would end up meeting them both and then both he and the new girl would accidently on purpose get whisked away by the Doctor to some other planet. Oh, and the girl and Carson end up falling in love...with each other

What do you think?

(I've also just noticed that my posts are appearing instantly now, rather than being looked at first I've made it as a fully-fledged Gateworld person! )
    Newly liberated multi-thunker
    http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
    Julia xx

Comment

Ok so all the pics are edited and uploaded from this past weekend .... so I will start off with just a few at a time. I apologize if some of them seem a little fuzzy ... still learning to use my new camera. Also I have some just Paul and some Paul and Rachel pics included.

Spoiler:

Comment

dimples!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
          dimples!
          You see dimples...I see the amazing blue eyes! :: whistles ::

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
            I had an idea last night, about a kind of Doctor Who/Atlantis crossover fic. I say "kind of" because the only person from Atlantis who'd be in it would be Carson (he's the only Atlantis character I'd feel confident writing for, I can hear his voice so clearly in my head)! It'd be the 10th Doctor of course - the timeframe would be set between "Planet Of The Dead" and "The Waters Of Mars", so it won't affect the Who timeline too much (I've tried writing AU fic before but it's a tad difficult). Plus, Ten is my favourite in lots of ways! Oh and the female companion - a new character - would meet the Doctor before they meet Dr. Beckett. Dr. Beckett would end up meeting them both and then both he and the new girl would accidently on purpose get whisked away by the Doctor to some other planet. Oh, and the girl and Carson end up falling in love...with each other

What do you think?
            that sounds interesting! I'm actually winding up a SGA/DW/TW fic myself with Ten. it was fun to do, I enjoyed having Ten interact with Weir.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Ok here are a few more from this past weekend

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey Carson Cuties! *waves*
                How is everyone?
                I just have to blather on about Paul! Paul, Paul, Paul!
                He made quite the impression on me, let me tell you! Or have I told you? I can't remember! I've been babbling so much I'm not sure what I've said and what I haven't. So skip along if you've heard this before or could care less about my opinion.
                Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had never met him before. He is amazingly hilarious! The man could have his own traveling stage show! I never knew how funny he is! Very entertaining! Very personable and outgoing too! Knows how to put you at your ease! And that killer smile! And those BLUE eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I mean I've always liked him. Carson has always been one of my favorite characters on the show. But now...now...Paul may just be my number two guy after this con!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just had to get that out.
                sigpic

Comment

Cmon Lady S...Tell us how you really feel!

Im keeping my fingers crossed that Paul will make an appearance at the Vancouver con ( if not, I then fall back on my alternatives )

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

I saw him listed at one of those cons...was it LA?
                    I can't remember now, but he was doing one of those lunch or dinner things!
                    Can you imagine????????????????????

I wish he would come here to our own little StarFest con. He'd be so much fun!
                    sigpic

Comment

Has anyone heard from CarsonsKitty?
                      I sent her a PM but so far I've haven't had one back.
                      There's no rush...I just want to make sure she knows I haven't forgotten her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                        Hey Carson Cuties! *waves*
                        How is everyone?
                        I just have to blather on about Paul! Paul, Paul, Paul!
                        He made quite the impression on me, let me tell you! Or have I told you? I can't remember! I've been babbling so much I'm not sure what I've said and what I haven't. So skip along if you've heard this before or could care less about my opinion.
                        Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had never met him before. He is amazingly hilarious! The man could have his own traveling stage show! I never knew how funny he is! Very entertaining! Very personable and outgoing too! Knows how to put you at your ease! And that killer smile! And those BLUE eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I mean I've always liked him. Carson has always been one of my favorite characters on the show. But now...now...Paul may just be my number two guy after this con!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just had to get that out.
                        blather away Lady S.

Originally posted by JennyMurray View Post
                        Cmon Lady S...Tell us how you really feel!

Im keeping my fingers crossed that Paul will make an appearance at the Vancouver con ( if not, I then fall back on my alternatives )
                        That would be great I am hoping too..

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                        I saw him listed at one of those cons...was it LA?
                        I can't remember now, but he was doing one of those lunch or dinner things!
                        Can you imagine????????????????????

I wish he would come here to our own little StarFest con. He'd be so much fun!
                        I know he's listed to be here at Dragon Con Labor Day weekend and at the LA con. I wish I could make it to the LA con ...unfortunately don't see that happening. That dinner/lunch thing would be amazing .. <sigh>

Comment

*waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. LJR02 blew up my brain with those awesome con pics. Yay!! Glad you guys had such a wicked time with our
                          Hot Scot...okay that came out wonky. *cheeky grin* More dimples and blue eyes please!! Wooooohooooo!! hehe }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                            *waves weakly from the floor* M'fine. LJR02 blew up my brain with those awesome con pics. Yay!! Glad you guys had such a wicked time with our
                            Hot Scot...okay that came out wonky. *cheeky grin* More dimples and blue eyes please!! Wooooohooooo!! hehe }:O

Wicked time indeed...lol especially when Paul was at our breakfast table talking to us and looked at me and told me he recognized me ... lol I can only imagine what expression I had... better question for Postie who witnessed my reaction.

*picks Raven off floor....and throws soft pillow to fall on for next round of pics*

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LJR02 View Post
                              Ok here are a few more from this past weekend

Spoiler:
                              http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu161/LJR02/Chicago%20PM/1359copychiwm.jpg
                              re: the photo that Paul's holding;
                              Spoiler:
                              it's a print of when he dressed up at Rachel (Mama's fighting) for the baby book. I actually got to see it and it's HAlarious!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

*glad LJR02 put pillows on the floor* Oh bugger, my poor noggin can't take all of these Hot Scot pics. *punches pillows and gets comfy* Paul recognized ya LJR02? Holy crap!! *high fives LJR02* Good on ya sweetie!!
                                More Hot Scot shots please!! Wooohoooo!!! hehe }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X