Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Just a small hello from someone who hasn't visited in a very, very, very long time.

Hi, McKellerville!!!

I bring a peace offering:
    http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...-5x06-2909.jpg
    Hi! Nice peace offering. Too bad the thread has been so inactive while everyone is gone.

As well as an FYI:

There is a group of fans who decided to launch their own Season 6, following canon as closely as they can. Including McKeller, which it seems that not a lot of people like. The episodes are written almost as a novel. They post a teaser and five chapters. The season premiere, for lack of a better phrase, was just finished, and they've started posting the 3rd episode.

This is the link that takes you straight to the episode page at SGARising.com. Check it out! I think you'll like it!

Later!!!
    Yes, I saw that. I read the first two episodes. So far it's not bad, but it hasn't been that great either. Mind you, that's just my personal opinion. For fanfiction it is great/excellent, but if it really wants to be a continuation it kinda needs more, the feeling the SGA show had on TV. I don't know if that's because it's on TV or not, and I am not saying it is easy to reproduce, but I am missing it in the written episodes online. So it all kinda depends on where they/you want to go with it. It is one of the better SGA continuations I have seen, though! Especially because indeed they don't feel they have to ignore Jennifer/Rodney. Although IMHO, they could be in it even more... and also, a continuation can be radical and play with things, experiment.

Anyways, that's just my opinion of course.

And while we are talking about fanfiction, writing and McKeller, I'd like to remind everyone that the McKeller Love C2 on FFN is still being updated and as active as possible in these times.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

they are perfect together. true love does exist.

Comment

Hey guys!
        I've been an SG-1 fan for many years but only decided to join this forum now - after finally seeing SGA.

I had probably shipped Rodney and Jennifer ever since she came along and, given the fact that I had no idea how the show was going to end, I was absolutely delighted by how things turned out. And even though I have quite a few ships in various fandoms, I honestly think McKeller is the sweetest couple of them all.

Anyway, here's a little contribution I was working on this week:
        Spoiler:

Got an idea long before when I saw the promos, but it turned out a bit differently. I wanted to capture the awesomeness of this duo, not necessarily romantic but more of the kind of great "fit" I think they have going on, so I hope I succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by XBeth View Post
          Hey guys!
          I've been an SG-1 fan for many years but only decided to join this forum now - after finally seeing SGA.

I had probably shipped Rodney and Jennifer ever since she came along and, given the fact that I had no idea how the show was going to end, I was absolutely delighted by how things turned out. And even though I have quite a few ships in various fandoms, I honestly think McKeller is the sweetest couple of them all.

Spoiler:

Got an idea long before when I saw the promos, but it turned out a bit differently. I wanted to capture the awesomeness of this duo, not necessarily romantic but more of the kind of great "fit" I think they have going on, so I hope I succeeded.
          great job welcome to the forum and ship
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by XBeth View Post
              Hey guys!

Welcome to the forums and the McKeller thread XBeth. There's always room for one more McKeller shipper and SGA fan.
              I think it's too bad the couple didn't get more development in an extra, sixth SGA season. I still think back quite often to the pleasure watching SGA for the first time gave me. Sure, it wasn't perfect, nor was the pairing of Jennifer and Rodney, but IMHO SGA was an excellent show. I wished there'd be more SF shows like this. I'm missing Stargate in all its incarnation a lot.

Well, that being said, luckily there's fanfiction. If you are a real McKeller fan and would want to get some more of them, then there are some good to excellent fanfics out there which will provide you with hours of extra fun with this couple. At least if you like fanfiction, but I'd recommend you to give it a shot. Fanfiction.net is a good place to start.

Also, as you'll notice, GateWorld and especially this threads, and the SGA part of the forums, has lost quite a bit of the interest and visitors it had in the time when SGA was still airing on TV. That's a bit of a pitty, but it's life. Though, some people are still hanging out here or on other parts of the forums.

And yes, Jennifer and Rodney were a great fit, for a couple of reasons.

Again, welcome to the forums and this thread, we're glad to have you. Also love the artwork postings.

Jasper
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Merry Christmas from Keller and McKay!!

386113_672850435857_68603605_34328928_194039884_n.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                  Yes, I saw that. I read the first two episodes. So far it's not bad, but it hasn't been that great either. Mind you, that's just my personal opinion. For fanfiction it is great/excellent, but if it really wants to be a continuation it kinda needs more, the feeling the SGA show had on TV. I don't know if that's because it's on TV or not, and I am not saying it is easy to reproduce, but I am missing it in the written episodes online. So it all kinda depends on where they/you want to go with it. It is one of the better SGA continuations I have seen, though! Especially because indeed they don't feel they have to ignore Jennifer/Rodney. Although IMHO, they could be in it even more... and also, a continuation can be radical and play with things, experiment.

Anyways, that's just my opinion of course.
                  I understand what you mean! The writers are doing their best to stay true to the canon characterizations of each person, and granted, it's still a "baby" in terms of development. They have said that McKeller wouldn't be ignored, but as real life is something that can't be blown off, the episodes are still in the works and not posted as quickly as a TV show would be.

And while we are talking about fanfiction, writing and McKeller, I'd like to remind everyone that the McKeller Love C2 on FFN is still being updated and as active as possible in these times.
                  *smacks head* That reminds me, I have a McKeller fic from three years ago to finish!!! ACK!

Laterz!

Comment

Started a few games here are the Stargate related ones
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I'm a newbie and I've only just finished watching SGA for the very first time, and thought the McKeller in S5 was so damn adorable! It's really unusual for me to become invested in any Het pairing in any fandom, so this was a big deal for me (usually I sway towards m/m friendship and pre-slash, so of course I'm into McShep as well! Lol).

It really saddened me though when I discovered that McKeller seems to be almost universally hated within the online fandom. Funny, when it's the only pairing that truly happened in canon... maybe that's one if the reasons why?? Personally I thought Jennifer brought out the best in Rodney, and they are so cute together. I got the major warm-fuzzies from Brainstorm!

Anyway, as I said, just bumping the thread to promote some McKeller appreciation from a SGA-newbie POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sariele View Post
                            Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I'm a newbie and I've only just finished watching SGA for the very first time, and thought the McKeller in S5 was so damn adorable! It's really unusual for me to become invested in any Het pairing in any fandom, so this was a big deal for me (usually I sway towards m/m friendship and pre-slash, so of course I'm into McShep as well! Lol).

It really saddened me though when I discovered that McKeller seems to be almost universally hated within the online fandom. Funny, when it's the only pairing that truly happened in canon... maybe that's one if the reasons why?? Personally I thought Jennifer brought out the best in Rodney, and they are so cute together. I got the major warm-fuzzies from Brainstorm!

Anyway, as I said, just bumping the thread to promote some McKeller appreciation from a SGA-newbie POV.
                            As far as I know, there are three reasons for McKeller hatred:

1. McShep and Keller/Ronon shippers were unhappy - self-explanatory

2. McKeller got plenty of screen-time in the last season, and fans of other characters felt it was at the expense of their favorites.

3. Some fans felt McKeller relationship pretty much came out of nowhere, with very little development to justify their romance.

Anyway, if any McKeller fan has some favorite fics that are also tags to specific episodes (maybe Brainstorm?), it'd be really cool if you left your recommendations and links in my Stargate Atlantis Episode tag thread in the Fanfic subforum! will add them to the list, and we will have a nice collection of episode-related fic recs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                              As far as I know, there are three reasons for McKeller hatred:

1. McShep and Keller/Ronon shippers were unhappy - self-explanatory
                              Yeah, I get that for sure. I was/am a Harry/Hermione shipper, so I know how horrendous it feels when a contrary pairing happens! But personally I can't say I liked the idea of Keller/Ronon at all (I was really glad when that kiss didn't happen!) and as for McShep... well, as much as I love the idea, it was never ever going to be canon -- just like most slash pairings unfortunately. So I knew that one would always have to be in the realm of fantasy.

2. McKeller got plenty of screen-time in the last season, and fans of other characters felt it was at the expense of their favorites.
                              I didn't mind this either; from the very first ep Rodney was by far my favourite character on the show and hence my main reason for watching, and I already liked Jewel Staite from Firefly, so I was happy to see a lot of her too. So once again a personal preference thing for me.

3. Some fans felt McKeller relationship pretty much came out of nowhere, with very little development to justify their romance.
                              I will grudgingly admit that this is kind of true, but to me (yet again) it didn't really matter. It was just really nice to see Rodney's personal/emotional growth, and the pay-off of him "getting the girl" (as much as I hate the shallowness of that expression!)

Comment

I remember what this site was like when it was shipper wars and the hatred for Keller but the ship itself made me like Rodney more he was never my favorite but I liked the ship she worked for me for someone like Rodney. I saw the chemistry between them right away the writers took a little awhile.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X