Clear All

A few more icons i made here....
    --Kate

Comment

600 POSTS!!! YAY US!!!!!
      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
        Random side note not necessarily pertaining to McKeller as I'm rewatching "Tao of Rodney" and surfing GateWorld when I should be unconscious:

- Rodney is strangely mean to Zelenka at the beginning. Even for his character not having had his biggest life-changing moment (which this episode represents), he's really over-the-top with what a jerk he is.

- Ronon, Sheppard, and Teyla talking about him extremely derogatorily and cruelly when in the mess hall.

I didn't remember everyone being as unkind as they were in this episode, but I suppose that will just make the second half of the episode that much more moving, when the nice gestures from one and all come out.

AN-yway, carry on with the McKeller love...
        That's exactly why they did it KK. TPTB tend to think that we, the audience, won't understand something unless we're whacked upside the head with it or forced to eat it...or something.

"What do you mean Rodney's been a jerk for the past 50-something epsiodes? Are you sure? No? Then we'd better reinforce that fact to start with. He's never like Zelenka, right?"

"What do you mean we already know the characters respect and value each other? No they don't. See? Now that Rodney's dieing, they truly appreciate him."

As I finally go off to sleep, I must say: that is THE best Rodney episode EVER.

I'd forgotten how good that was. What a great, great, great character piece.
        One of my favourite episodes and just because I love Rodney and DH never fails to make me tear up. He also did that in 'Letters from Pegasus' and 'McKay and Mrs.Miller' at the end, just FYI.

It's just, like you said, a great character piece not just for Rodney, but to an extent for the other as well. Weird, early scenes aside.
        sigpic

Comment

yes, i absolutely love that episode. it's one of my favorites, and it's actually my twin sister's favorite episode.
          thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
            That made me laugh too! Anything with McKay, of course, but Jen's comment made it all that much better!

WELCOME TO GW, TRONZORE!!!
            Thanks for the warm welcome john and teyla for life.
            I was just watching some season four and i just cant stop but count how many times keller mentions mckay and vice versa. Only problem was i forgot the number everytime something big happened, so i count i resarted 10 times and in the process of writting this have forgottent it again. damn... o well time to watch them again. its so good its a show i love as well as a phantom pain manager.

Thx again for the warm welcome
            sigpic
            Made by john_and_tayla_for_life

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

One of my favourite episodes and just because I love Rodney and DH never fails to make me tear up. He also did that in 'Letters from Pegasus' and 'McKay and Mrs.Miller' at the end, just FYI.

It's just, like you said, a great character piece not just for Rodney, but to an extent for the other as well. Weird, early scenes aside.
              For Rodney supposedly being the bumbling comic-relief, the most emotional scenes are ALWAYS Rodney-centric, it seems like. DH is just such an amazing actor at playing emotion, especially without going over-the-top, while not underplaying it either.

The two ones that haunt me:

- His devastasted expression when getting the prognosis in TLM
              - In Sunday, when Ronon says:
              "Rodney... what's done is done."
              And he replies:
              "I know... and that's why it's killing me."
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

For Rodney supposedly being the bumbling comic-relief, the most emotional scenes are ALWAYS Rodney-centric, it seems like. DH is just such an amazing actor at playing emotion, especially without going over-the-top, while not underplaying it either.

The two ones that haunt me:

- His devastasted expression when getting the prognosis in TLM
                - In Sunday, when Ronon says:
                "Rodney... what's done is done."
                And he replies:
                "I know... and that's why it's killing me."
                Oh my god. I know. His face in Sunday when he looked over at Ronon and you could just see the shock and the anguish and the GUILT. It was incredible that DH managed to portray all that and so incredibly sad at the same time.

'Letters From Pegasus' will always stick in my mind though because it was really the first time I realized DH could really and truly act, and that there really was so much more to Rodney's character than the arrogant scientist and, as you said, umbling comic relief. His brief letter to his sister was amazing in that one moment he was going on and on about some inconsequential matter and then it's like a switch went off in his head, and he's suddenly earnest and sad and apologetic, all these things we hadn't really seen from him before. God, I was tearing up at that and then he just starts trying to talk about leadership again and I wanted to laugh.

Not many actors can do that anymore, make you cry one moment and laugh the next. We seem to be living in world where the ability to yell very, very loudly and cry very, very loudly is called acting.

I'm glad SGA decided to go with DH as their scientist character and I'm glad they decided to go with McKay. I can't see where people come up with the idea that this is a one-note character.
                sigpic

Comment

Chapter 9 of Radio Nowhere is up. Hooray!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Chapter 9 of Radio Nowhere is up. Hooray!!!
                    I think I need someone to pick me up off the floor. Gosh, speaking of emotional Rodney moments!

This almost made me cry:

Spoiler:
                    McKay's eyes blurred, wet. Things kept falling.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

No freaking kidding. How fitting for our discussion. However....can we have happy Rodney now? Please? Angst is all well and good but does nobody think of my poor constitution and my poor nerves?!

Chocolate....chocolate cures all ills. And coffee...together.

Spoiler:
                      Or peyote and cough medicine
                      sigpic

Comment

I decided to recently look at some of the episode from season one and
                        In Before i sleep the time travel bit is priceless!
                        sigpic

Comment

No freaking kidding. How fitting for our discussion. However....can we have happy Rodney now? Please? Angst is all well and good but does nobody think of my poor constitution and my poor nerves?!

Chocolate....chocolate cures all ills. And coffee...together.

Spoiler:
                          Or peyote and cough medicine
                          I can only pray that we get happy Rodney before it's all done. But even so, it's going to be a rough ride.

And I'm on board with chocolate. In fact, as I leave for class here, I think I may need to stop and get some M&Ms...

But, of course, nothing beats:

Spoiler:
                          peyote and cough medicine, obviously. If you're going to forget a trip to New Mexico, that's the way to do it!
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Im headed to vancouver for creation!!! woot
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRONZORE View Post
                              Im headed to vancouver for creation!!! woot
                              Sounds good! Who's going to be there?
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Sounds good! Who's going to be there?
                                M.Shanks, Lexa Doig, Jason Momoa, Dan Shea, Rainbow Sun Franks, and some others
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X