Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Sigh.... There will be trying. No promises, but definitely some trying.
    Well thats certainly better than what i can do. I am a truely woeful story writer (any story). When i was at school i has in the top 30% in my year (98 students) and in year 11 i had to write a short story. Out of those 98 students i came 94th

Though i do get some good idea's for fanfic unfortunately i have no way of doing them any justice.

I really do think McKeller is a very good pairing for adult fanfic, especially prerealationship where either they get into a situation where they have to have sex (like the idea "Aliens Made Them Do It" or where Keller decides that McKay isnt going to notice her so she goes to his quarters and with no warning disrobes infront of him. McKay's reactions to both these situations would be great.

Comment

My only setback when writing fiction is that my thought processes tend to lean more towards the rational and logical as opposed to doing something just for the heck of it. If I can't rationalise an idea logically and it doesn't make sense to me, then I have huge problems with it.

This applies to writing as well, sadly. Which means I've never been one for the spnotaneous-sex-in-awkward-situations type of stories. But I'll find a way to do it regardless. I'm always up for a challenge.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisk View Post
        OT: Well, I'm a duel citizen, (usa+ Canada) So I'm gald to see the states win a lot of gold, (Yay! Swimming ) But, I'm not very happy about the canadians not having any medals yet ...

In my grade, people don't really watch sci-fi... (High School) So, I'm kinda the only one, I don't decorate my things, since we have rules that say we aren't alowed to (But I do, just not on the outside )
        Same here, I got dual citizenship when I was 12 so I didn't have to take the exam After 14, you have to take an exam or something.....

You have rules about decorating notebooks? That sure sucks.
        I see someone likes a certain... Daniel
        *fangirl giggle*
        --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          My only setback when writing fiction is that my thought processes tend to lean more towards the rational and logical as opposed to doing something just for the heck of it. If I can't rationalise an idea logically and it doesn't make sense to me, then I have huge problems with it.

This applies to writing as well, sadly. Which means I've never been one for the spnotaneous-sex-in-awkward-situations type of stories. But I'll find a way to do it regardless. I'm always up for a challenge.
          Well heres what i wrote on McKeller (what i wrote in black)

1. "Aliens Made Them Do It" - eg McKay and Keller visit a planet which Atlantis teams have visited in the past and it is a known safe planet (the people living there are very firendly). McKay visits them because he hears that there might be some ancient technology on the plant while Keller is visiting to give some of the villagers some general medical checks. Problems arise when Keller and McKay arrive and they are told of a previously unknown ritual (atleast to the Atlantis expedition) about a ritual which happens once a year where every person on the planet over 18 must have sex in order to honour their god who supposedly inturn will prosperity for a entire year. McKay and Keller obviously dont like this idea and when they attempt to leave the planet they are ristrained and then put into a room where they are told that they will not be allowed to leave until they have had sex with each other.

This could easily be explained as McKay and Keller will want to leave the planet. You can even add that the villagers buried the gate until McKay and Keller have done the deed so both mcKay and Keller know that the only way off the planet is for them to have sex. There could be alot of discussion about it between the two characters while they are stuck in the room (they both like to overanalyse things) but at the end of the day they would have sex in order to get back to Atlantis

2. After "Trio" Keller decides that she really likes McKay and wants to show him how much she appreciated him saving her life. She decides to sneak into his room and when he gets home after his shift she will surprise him not only because she is in his room but also because she is removing her cloths.

Again could be possible as Keller clearly showed a interest in McKay at the end of "Trio". Whos to say that Keller isnt the type to take a bold action in order to start a relationship.

3. Teams are exploring more of the city and McKay and Keller are teamed up. Accidentally one of them set off a transporter beam which sends them to a isolated part of the city in a room designed for experiments which is only 3 feet high (90 cm) and 6 feet long (180cm) and 1 and a half feet wide (45cm). Luckily there is a window on the side so McKay and Keller can see the ocean outside (so they dont get claustrophobic) but due to the small amount of room Keller must practically lie on top of McKay while they wait for rescue (which will most likely be hours as nobody knows they are missing even when they do it will take a long time to figure out where they went).

Again. Both Keller and McKay are attracted to each other (even if McKay doesnt know it) and being in such a small space would certainly make both of them aware of the other persons body.

----------------------------------------------------

The idea's i came up with can be rationalised (if you squint abit). Sure they are likely situations but that is the beauty of fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            Ive noticed a few comments in the tracker and lost tribe thread about ronon and keller.

i didnt want to ask there, as well mentioning keller is like a red wrag to a bull, so i thought id ask here.

has there been any spoilers for these two eps that have the same connotations as the mckeller. like we have for identity and infection? im only asking because im wary of these two eps being the jump of point for the triangle. personaly im wondering if its worth avoiding these two eps untill the scripts for them are out
            I'm not sure..... All I know is that I'm happy thinking my shippy McKeller thoughts until the eps air!
            --Kate

Comment

I find TPTB purposefully leaking McKeller spoilers as some kind of cat-and-mouse game before actually going Ronon/Keller on the show extremely implausible. One -- in the grand scheme of things, GW is a relatively small slice of the audience. And even on here, there's plenty of people who avoid spoilers altogether. So, you sort of wonder what the point would be...

Secondly, it's hard to ignore "Brain Storm." I mean, if there were a triangle and Rodney came out on the losing end, I highly doubt he'd be taking her to a social function afterward. Rodney's all about avoidance, isn't he?
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                I find TPTB purposefully leaking McKeller spoilers as some kind of cat-and-mouse game before actually going Ronon/Keller on the show extremely implausible. One -- in the grand scheme of things, GW is a relatively small slice of the audience. And even on here, there's plenty of people who avoid spoilers altogether. So, you sort of wonder what the point would be...

Secondly, it's hard to ignore "Brain Storm." I mean, if there were a triangle and Rodney came out on the losing end, I highly doubt he'd be taking her to a social function afterward. Rodney's all about avoidance, isn't he?
                Oh most definitely. I don't see him taking her as his date if she had chosen Ronon over him. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're in a relationship by the time of "Brain Storm" (although I hope they are), but they'd have to be at the very least friends without the tension of a love triangle looming between them.
                sigpic

Comment

Speaking of 'Brain Storm'

Comment

Very pretty, Pic!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                      Speaking of 'Brain Storm'

oh god that is awsome may i snurtch with credit of course
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Aw, nice job, Pic!!!
                        --Kate

Comment

Nice sig

Comment

I see someone likes a certain... Daniel
                            *giggles* now why would you say that???

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                            I wrote afew adult fanfic suggestions on the mckeller_ship site.

http://community.livejournal.com/mck...tml?mode=reply

I hope someone decides to use one of my suggestions (or write any McKeller adult fanfic for that matter) as i think there is real potential in for adult fanfic with this pairing.
                            thanks for sharing the link!!!! i'll see if i can finish the adult fic i started first though...
                            thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post

Just to be a devil's advocate, there could always be no relashionship at all,just a great friendship, or in season 5 we'll get to see just the begining of a real romance that would exist or develop in season 6.
                              This thread is nice to read btw. You're cute.
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                                oh god that is awsome may i snurtch with credit of course
                                Of course you can!
                                Spread the love, my friend, spread the love

Comment

Working...
                                X