Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    Some of the detractors cite that Jennifer Keller's introduction was bad... her first scene was wondering when someone else would take over the CMO job. I can grant that wasn't the best way to introduce her, but given the next time we see her, Weir is injured - there really was no other way to do those two scenes. I felt her response to weir's injuries settled her competency in my mind, but others can't seem to get past that first scene.
    I think I am going to watch Broca Divide and compare. Also, Janet wasn't replacing another character who had a fanbase, Jennifer was.
    That is part but then they also say that ever character in a scene with her acts OOC and that she want people to feel sorry for her
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
      I made some sigs today and if anyone wants to use one feel free.

Love it

Comment

Comment

She's always so gorgeous!

And where exactly do they get that she wants people to feel sorry for her?
          sigpic

Comment

because she told Ronon about her not going to partys and stuff as a way to compaire to his story about the loss of Malenia. Like it was a how sorry to hear about her but you know what I didn't go out and have much fun as a kid
            sigpic

Comment

Me neither, I was never allowed to! Unless Grandma knew the person from church, I couldn't go, and the church kids were even cliquier than the ones from school, so no one invited the weird girls(me and my friend Alex), we always ended up together.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah I know. I hardly went out to parties because well I am not overly social face to face Forums and IM are easier for me.
                sigpic

Comment

Perhaps that is why we all like Jennifer's character so much I'm another who didn't get out much when I was young & am very shy and awkward with people I don't know. Could it be that we all sympathise with her character because we would act in much the same way if we were put in her situation? Interesting.

Now someone will come on & say they are very outgoing & like her.

Comment

that is very possible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                      That is part but then they also say that ever character in a scene with her acts OOC and that she want people to feel sorry for her
                      Ok, so I'm somewhat socially ackward - how do you spell that word? - I was born a fairly quiet person among three continuous talkers. I'm a preacher's kid, so I know how to interact, I'm just not that comfortable with it.

Still, I don't really remember anybody acting OOC with Jenn! I have never seen the plea for sympathy. Most of her scenes have been with Sam, Teyla, and Rodney, and Ronon. I didn't see OOC. I saw people who (in most of those cases) are a bit more socially adept reaching out and bonding with the new kid.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

-laughs- Except for Rodney in terms of the bonding thing.

And what, so now everyone who's socially awkward and didn't hang around at parties all the time wants people to feel sorry for them if they mention it once?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Still, I don't really remember anybody acting OOC with Jenn! I have never seen the plea for sympathy. Most of her scenes have been with Sam, Teyla, and Rodney, and Ronon. I didn't see OOC. I saw people who (in most of those cases) are a bit more socially adept reaching out and bonding with the new kid.
                          They said that in Missing when John Rodney and Ronon found her and Teyla and the arrows started flying that Ronon grabbed Jennifer and pulled her away leaving Rodney to fight and that Ronon wouldn't do that because he doesn't trust Rodney to fight. However I see it as Ronon also didn't think that the Bola Kai (sp) where a threat and to me that is why he left them behind. I don't know about any other situations that is the only one I know about.

well then the believe that Ronon's reaction to her talking about her childhood should have been to get mad because (they believe) that Ronon wouldn't care about her sad little social akwardness after he told her about Melina
                          sigpic

Comment

Yhe other thing I've seen people complain about is Jenn and Sam talking about "who would you rather?" Like we don't all do that from time to time!
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

oh yeah I forgot them saying that she was too "comfortable" around other
                              sigpic

Comment

I wanted to echo the sentiment of seeing something of ourselves reflected in our favorite doctor. I just watched First Strike, her intro ep, and she was very reluctant to be put in charge. Didn't think she was cut out for it. But then when the time came, she stepped up and took control of the situation in the tower. I saw some of myself there. More content to stay in the background and work from there.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Working...
                                X