Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I can live with it.

Comment

I personally thought it was a good thing that the complaining happened here, because that way it didn't enter into other threads. We got it out of our systems here. But I guess I'll just mutter to myself from now on.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

On a Jewel-related note, I saw her on some "behind the scenes" type show the other night -- Extra maybe -- showing a reporter type around, and she seemed genuinely excited about the prospects for her character. I got the impression there was something of consequence planned for her. I'm glad she's enthusiastic, because when someone's not, it comes across on-screen. For instance (and I don't blame him for it), RDA phoned in Season 8 of SG-1.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Just found out the mods did a snip on my post.
          Guess I will leave my big mouth shut.
          It is the one and only time I said anything bad about anyone on GW.

BTW I support Jenn and Jewel.
          Janet
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Think about it this way...if all they can find to complain about the character is a few catty comments and some names, there's not that much wrong with the character beyond hte perceptions of a few fans. If she was really a bad character, they'd have something more to say than a few nasty comments.
            I suppose we're all bored. We have no new Stargate to watch each week so we just go round and round getting irritated with each other.

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
            I personally thought it was a good thing that the complaining happened here, because that way it didn't enter into other threads. We got it out of our systems here. But I guess I'll just mutter to myself from now on.
            You can always PM me

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
            On a Jewel-related note, I saw her on some "behind the scenes" type show the other night -- Extra maybe -- showing a reporter type around, and she seemed genuinely excited about the prospects for her character. I got the impression there was something of consequence planned for her. I'm glad she's enthusiastic, because when someone's not, it comes across on-screen. For instance (and I don't blame him for it), RDA phoned in Season 8 of SG-1.
            Hmm, I wonder what that could be! Bet we have completely different ideas about that Kindly!!!!!

Last edited by Blencathra; 21 April 2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

As for being pro Keller, I am so looking forward to season 5! I will be out of (law) school for the summer and have time to play! (yes Misi, I will finish my fanfic then! ) right now I am suffering seasonal allergies and feel b***hy as heck!
              Last edited by Rac80; 21 April 2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                As for being pro Keller, I am so looking forward to season 5! I will be out of (law) school for the summer and have time to play! (yes Misi, I will finish my fanfic then! ) right now I am suffering seasonal allergies and feel b***hy as heck!
                I am glad to hear it and sorry you are suffering with allergies *huggles*
                sigpic

Comment

Aww, I hate allergies. I was having problems last week *zaps pollen* There, it be gone!

*all plant species except ferns & mosses die out and the ecosystems of the earth fail*

Oh...well...then there's that problem...
                  "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    <snipped> There's a hard core of about half a dozen of them that repeatedly say the same old thing over and over again - totally off topic half the time.
                    You know you can report them to the mods, right? Especially if they're off topic.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                    It is more than just her too though I was on a thread about the all-female team and at first it wasn't bad the people there were more like me where they were saying well lets see how it plays out and so on then it turned to just hate and I stopped even going to that thread because it made me see red the way these people were going on.
                    You can't let the trolls get you down. Oftentimes, they do stuff like that just to get your goat. If you quit posting, they win.

I'm sick of the general anti-this and anti-that topics. If they don't like the show then why do they watch it?

I often wonder that myself.

And a big huge WELCOME to all the new arrivals in this thread.
                    I still have to catch up. Been away too long. Just rewatched a bunch of season four eps and am liking Jennifer even more now. Trio was awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the link Krissie. Unfortunately it won't work for me cos I don't live in the United States. I'll have to go back to kicking my DVD player.
                      Maybe if you connect it to your stereo? If you have one that is.

Yay!! Rach is going to finish the fic!

I'm such a fic junky!!!
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Now I'm wondering if people are watching the same show as I am. I was wandering around the forum. It's late and I can't sleep. Anyway, one one of the Quarantine threads, someone was wondering why we need another geek/nerd - in reference to Jenn - on Atlantis (don't know if they meant the show or the city) and then listed out McKay, Zelenka, et al.

Does that person not know that Atlantis is a city filled with geeks/nerds? I do wonder about people.
                        Last edited by Everlovin; 22 April 2008, 01:10 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I get bad hayfever too. Makes my life misery in the summer. BUT we have a fic to look forward to.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                          You know you can report them to the mods, right? Especially if they're off topic.

You can't let the trolls get you down. Oftentimes, they do stuff like that just to get your goat. If you quit posting, they win.
                          True. The mods may get sick of us reporting them though!

... Just rewatched a bunch of season four eps and am liking Jennifer even more now. Trio was awesome.
                          I had to laugh at Rodney's face when he thought she may take her top off.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Maybe if you connect it to your stereo? If you have one that is.
                          No we binned it as it wasn't getting used & just gathering dust. But speaking of dust I shoved the vacuum cleaner nozzle into the DVD player & now it seems to work.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Now I'm wondering if people are watching the same show as I am. I was wandering around the forum. It's late and I can't sleep. Anyway, one one of the Quarantine threads, someone was wondering why we need another geek/nerd - in reference to Jenn - on Atlantis (don't know if they meant the show or the city) and then listed out McKay, Zelenka, et al.

Does that person not know that Atlantis is a city filled with geeks/nerds? I do wonder about people.
                          Gosh you are up late!

Jenn is geeky & nerdy? I don't think she is. I mean she doesn't wear socks and sandals together.

I actually had to look up a definition of geek - "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, gaming, etc."

Definitiely not Jenn.

And nerd -"that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers."

I suppose she may have been when she was in medical school & even possibly at the beginning of season 4 (even though I can't remember seeing any evidence of extreme nerdiness) but she loosened up pretty quickly, joining in with the others at their table in the cantina etc.

Comment

OK, I'm confused.

I thought geek was the new cool.

Or was that just wishful thinking and hanging out on Hewlitt's site too much?

Go Keller Go Keller Go Keller

Comment

Well I think that geeks are among the new cool too. Really, Jenn doesn't fit the stereotype of geek/nerd. Or if she does, can I be one too?

I just didn't see why someone would be questioning the why there is another geek in Atlantis! BTW I was using the geek/nerd thing because it was late and I didn't remember which adjective the person used.
                              sigpic

Comment

From what I have seen just about everyone other than the Militry are geek nerds. Although I wouldn't count Jenn as one just because she graduated early and finished college faster than most that isn't a nerd or a geek.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X