Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Looks great. Jewel is so adorable.
    She is my daughter's age and has the same sweetness in her smile that my Sarah has. (proud mamma here!) I think that young women who can stay that sweet and kind in today's society are very rare.

Comment

Yes, sweet but without being sickly, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        Yes, sweet but without being sickly, if you know what I mean.
        yep I know what you mean. My daughter has quite the sarcastic edge. (of course she does, she is MINE! )
        I like keller cause she isn't overly wimpy, just wimpy enough to be a gal in a new situation (Missing).

Comment

I finally made something hope you all like it

Comment

I am looking forward to the artwork too!

Just to keep us going - here's some (snurched) pictures of our heroine

Nice pics Blencathra i really love the last one.
            Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
            Here's a matching Jewel wallpaper and banner that I made. Enjoy!

Those are beautiful Krissie678 great job.
            I was just on Jewel's website and she posted about a new auction to win dinner w/ her and Paul McGillion. Here's the link for anyone who's interested.
            Thanks for the link...i wish i had that kinda money.
            Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
            and here's the artwork i promised. sorry it's a bit late, i went out to go see some movies for the day and couldn't get back on umtil now.

have a good night McKellers!!
            Great icon JT4L i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              She is my daughter's age and has the same sweetness in her smile that my Sarah has. (proud mamma here!) I think that young women who can stay that sweet and kind in today's society are very rare.
              my mom says the same thing about me when we watch SGA together. she says that Keller reminds her so much of me! ( i felt honored! being compared to Jewel is awesome!)

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
              that looks awesome! great job wraithlord!
              thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Picture Rule Update This is being posted in all picture heavy threads

GateWorld Picture & Animated .gifs rules...

please read

There is a great way to attach pictures/animated .gifs to a thread, using them to make thumbnails so that folks can see what's there without that same picture downloading over and over and over. Just use the attachments button below. This is the preferred way of posting pictures and animated .gifs

If you choose to post the pictures, they do have to fit a couple of criteria;

1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 75K.

2)If they are called from another server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.

If you choose to put the animated .gifs in your post, they do have to fit a couple of criteria;

1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries. They cannot be larger than 100K

2) You cannot quote the pictures/animated .gifs in your replies. Multiple copies of the pics/.gifs just drain more bandwidth.

Last but not least, please do not post pictures/.gifs that spoil the current season of Stargate:Atlantis! Feel free to post links to those pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though.

Please remember: these rules are not here to diminish your enjoyment but to make the Forum accessible and enjoyable for everyone - including those forum members on a slow dial-up connection!

If you have any questions or problems please ask any of the mods.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                  my mom says the same thing about me when we watch SGA together. she says that Keller reminds her so much of me! ( i felt honored! being compared to Jewel is awesome!)
                  I wish someone would say that about me!!

My daughter (aged 8) says I look like Bill Oddie!!! (British comedian and wildlife presenter)

And no I don't have a beard!!!

And Wraithlord - that's wonderful!!

Comment

Let us rejoice in both Jewel's and Jen's existence! The hate for Keller is truly without logic or evidence. The thing that bothers me most is when people call her a "harlot" as if 1. she's a whore, and 2. it's okay to go around calling her that just because you're using a synonym that doesn't sound as insulting or cruel as "whore."

Almost kissing one guy and starting a relationship with another in an alternate timeline... yeah, what a harlot.

Had to get that off my chest! Let the love-in continue.
                    I actually had to search this thread out because of the hate-fest that seems to follow Keller around (argh!!)

The thread about "s5 Keller for Ronan or McKay" deteriorated into a massive bash on Keller and how Carson wouldn't do that, blah blah blah. I couldn't take all the negativity anymore.

Now, I like Carson. Yup, regular solid kinda character I thought. No problems with him, sad when he died, life goes on. And in walks Keller. It's not like she killed him people!! Remember in the beginning when she said she didn't want the job!?!?! And how does she look any younger than Lexa Doig on Sg-1??? (I think she is actually younger, but it's called fiction, for cryin' out loud just wrap your head around it folks).

And where's the Keller smilies? Got no Keller smilies to choose from in here. I swear it's a conspiracy.

I was ambivalent about Keller. No problems, no great love. But now I've got an underdog to root for and I'm all worked up...

K, going back to BSG for a while to calm down...
                    Last edited by Pic; 15 April 2008, 12:39 PM. Reason: perhaps I exaggerate the 'massive bash...' take it as me being worked up... ;)

Comment

Well done Collswan for defending Dr Keller so well.

I think KindlyKeller said on the S5 Keller for Mckay/Ronon thread that you can't go on any thread these days without the same few people all keller-bashing. I very rarely venture outside the Doctor & Wildman thread these days as I just can't stand the vitriol. I mean these people spend their days trying to think of ways to kill her!

So a green blob for you. I tried to greenblob KindlyKeller as well but I can't until I spread a little more love around but I did want to!!

Edited to say that reading some threads is next to impossible as I have used my Ignore button on quite a few of these people!!!!!

Comment

Well done Collswan for defending Dr Keller so well.

I think KindlyKeller said on the S5 Keller for Mckay/Ronon thread that you can't go on any thread these days without the same few people all keller-bashing. I very rarely venture outside the Doctor & Wildman thread these days as I just can't stand the vitriol. I mean these people spend their days trying to think of ways to kill her!

So a green blob for you. I tried to greenblob KindlyKeller as well but I can't until I spread a little more love around but I did want to!!

Edited to say that reading some threads is next to impossible as I have used my Ignore button on quite a few of these people!!!!!

i agree. the people who are coming up with ways to kill her are just plain sick! she's a human being! nothing of that horror should be wished upon anyone. i don't understand why people are so mean to her. she didnt' do anything wrong, she did what Elizabeth told her to do, and quite frankly she does it quite well!
                        thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Amen to all of the above!
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I made two Jen wallpapers today. They can be found at my livejournal. Enjoy!
                            Last edited by Krissie678; 15 April 2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                              Thanks.
                              NP, it's great!!!
                              Looks great. Jewel is so adorable.
                              thankya very much!
                              oh, love it, and cool font!!!
                              Nice pics Blencathra i really love the last one.

Those are beautiful Krissie678 great job.

Thanks for the link...i wish i had that kinda money.

Great icon JT4L i like it.
                              Thanks WL
                              --Kate

Comment

I made two Jen wallpapers today. They can be found at my livejournal. Enjoy!
                                I like them they are really good.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X