Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
    hm...this is a tough one. i really loved her in Adrift. Even though in 'frist strike' she was completely unsure of herself, we got to see her in 'action' per se, and we got to see that she is capable of handling a dire situation, and that she's a great doctor that can think outside of the box. and i started to like keller in this episode as well.
    I absolutely agree. Back then I was actually spoiler free and when watching those eps I could tell that there was something about Keller that I was going to like without knowing anything about her character's storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
      Ok everyone. Question.
      What is your favorite Keller episode of season 4 and why? The catch is you can't choose Quarantine or Last Man, for obvious reasons. Hehe.

I really liked The Seer and how we got to see her medical skills and her moral dilemma of studying or helping Davos.
      Your turn.
      I loved The Last Man. Jewel and David sold the episode for me. She was nice, smart, cute but also strong in this episode. And I started to believe that it might work between her and McKay. I didn´t believe before. After that episode, I did.

I have to admit I didn´t like Missing that much. I don´t like Teyla (but she seems OK so far in S5, except DV and her computer skills ), it´s one reason but also because of the concept of the episode...I don´t know, but it was just...weird.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        I loved The Last Man. Jewel and David sold the episode for me. She was nice, smart, cute but also strong in this episode. And I started to believe that it might work between her and McKay. I didn´t believe before. After that episode, I did.

I have to admit I didn´t like Missing that much. I don´t like Teyla (but she seems OK so far in S5, except DV and her computer skills ), it´s one reason but also because of the concept of the episode...I don´t know, but it was just...weird.
        I am still trying to find out what exactly I don't like about Teyla and cannot specify that, but a lot of others have the same problem. Missing will never belong to my favourite eps, although we have some beautiful pics of Jewel form there. Cause of this ep I can understand some reasons why people didn"t like Keller, but she changed.

Well, here is not a place to discuss our Rodney/ Ronon contest
        I loved that story line in TLM but we R/K shippers have some theory why it happened

Comment

And BTW Krissie!

Comment

Would it make more sense to know that it was originally supposed to be Rodney who who was missing with Teyla, rather than Jennifer. I remember reading that somewhere, in one of the stargate magazines I think.

Comment

I'm popping in to say how INCENSED I am with the way Gateworld allows an Anti-Keller thread.
              Some time ago, I made an Anti-Carson thread, which was respectful and for objective discussion. Here it is... have a butchers....http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53535
              It was almost immediately taken out by the mods. The reason? = "Sorry, no more pro/anti threads."
              I always thought there were rules about slagging off/deriding/wishing death upon characters.
              Having said all that, I like Keller, and that has nothing to do with how I feel about Carson.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                Would it make more sense to know that it was originally supposed to be Rodney who who was missing with Teyla, rather than Jennifer. I remember reading that somewhere, in one of the stargate magazines I think.
                That could be cool. Teyla and Rodney desperately need more scenes together, an episode would be the best

I think the scene between Teyla and Jennifer in The Seed was nice. It makes sense, thought. Two young women, similar age, who went throught something horrible together - it makes sense they could be good friends.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I agree with both your points there Klenotka. I like the odd episode where everyone gets paired up with someone unexpected and some Teyla/Rodney scenes together would be great. I did like
                  Spoiler:
                  them working together in the Daedulaus Variations.

As for Teyla and Jennifer. We were having a bit of a discussion on the Doc & Wildman thread about

Spoiler:
                  how Jennifer becomes tougher this season & to quote Joe M, "kicks ass". I am rather hoping that it will be Teyla who will teach her some self defence. That would be great

And Fushsia. Perhaps you could PM a mod & see if that thread could be re-opened. Since that comment, Rac80 started the Anti McKay thread without any problem and Kindly started the Does anyone else have a problem with Ronon thread. Why should yours be shut down?

Comment

I think the scene between Teyla and Jennifer in The Seed was nice. It makes sense, thought. Two young women, similar age, who went throught something horrible together - it makes sense they could be good friends.
                    I like the idea that Keller has someone that she could talk to about women stuff. I liked to think she would do stuff like that with Sam but since she's gone Teyla seems like the obvious choice.

Does anyone know if there's any Keller girl friendship (just friendship-no mention of any Keller ships) fics out there? If not someone should write one.

Thanks Blen!

Comment

I haven't come across any Krissie but something like that would be a good read, I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        I like the idea that Keller has someone that she could talk to about women stuff. I liked to think she would do stuff like that with Sam but since she's gone Teyla seems like the obvious choice.

Does anyone know if there's any Keller girl friendship (just friendship-no mention of any Keller ships) fics out there? If not someone should write one.

Thanks Blen!
                        I´d prefer it in the show than a fiction. But I am afraid their writing of ONE female character is hard for them, less than two or, god help us, the relationship But I might be wrong, who knows?

I don´t have time to read fictions any more Or write them, I just don´t have so much time I used to have

Comment

I'd prefer a friendship in the show but I doubt something like that will be fully explored, so ff has to make up for it.

I found one. I found one.
                          The Petulant Patient by Tittamiire - Teyla/Keller friendship

Comment

It's still early days I suppose with season 5. We may be lucky

Time for a Jenn/Teyla pic from The Seed

Spoiler:

Edit Thanks for finding that Krissie

Comment

Favorite Keller ep from Season 4?

I'd have to go with The Last Man. She worked herself to death trying to help save people from the Hoffan Drug. Literally. Her death (along with Sam's) were the most distressing for me. I really felt bad.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

I'm probably in a minority, even amongst Keller fans, but I liked Missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X