No announcement yet.

Dr Jennifer Keller/ Jewel Staite Appreciation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off to bed, getting really sleepy. Goodnight, everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

It's 10 Am in here, i'm at work
      good night

Comment

Good morning Vala, I'm around as well. Not working though luckily

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
        Blen posted this over in the Doctor/Wildman Thread (for the McKellers it isn't shippy) and I had this thought

Spoiler:
        How ironic that the Anti's who countinually say they don't want to watch and in some cases say they will not watch eps that center around Keller are the ones responsible for giving us Keller-centric eppys . I hope they camplain some more so that we get more Keller!

Maybe that is just me being mean to the Anti's but the thought came to me and I thought I would share
        I had exactly the same thought DG

Actually I suspect he was probably being sarcastic with that particular poster but hey whatever the reason, I am thrilled that we gets lots of Keller centric episodes this season.

Comment

Here are some bits relating to Jewel/Keller from the Carl Binder interview on the GW homepage.

Spoiler:
          GW: What shows are you most excited about so far?

...I'm just starting another script. Well, not starting. I've done the first draft of "Tracker," which is a lot of fun. Because it's another "in the woods" adventure/action piece with Ronon and McKay. [They've] been teamed up to track down Keller who's been kidnapped. And kidnapped by someone who is very similar to Ronon. So that one's a lot of action. That one's going to be a lot of fun.

GW: ....How do you feel about sci-fi storytelling for characters?

CB: The episodes I connect with the most are the ones that are smaller and more intimate. You know, it's so funny, I do read the message boards and see the response that people have to episodes I do. And often times, I really like episodes that fans are like "Oh, that wasn't one of my favorites." Like "Miller's Crossing," or for me, "Missing." You have the [contingent of fans that think] "Eh! Keller's whiny!" But for me, that was one of my favorites of the ones that I did last year. That and "Quarantine." Oddly enough, the two that the fans responded most to -- "Midway" and "Lifeline" -- were, eh, okay for me.

GW: I loved "The Real World" in Season Three. There are no explosions. A lot of fans aren't fond of it because there are no explosions. It's kind of a dark and twisted character drama. And I wish that we could see more of that in Stargate.

CB: Well, you know, I'll certainly keep trying. The thing that I loved about "Tracker" was that the idea was pitched by a freelance writer. When I heard about the idea -- they would call me when I was on strike -- they'd say "Here's what's going on. Here's what we're doing. We just took a pitch from this guy, and he pitched this idea." And I was like "Ooh, that's good. That sounds good!" And later they said "Well, he did an outline and we're not quite happy with the direction it's going, but is that something you're interested in when you come back?" And I said "Yeah, I'll do that."

So when I came back, they're like "Okay, you do it!" So I jumped on it. I love having this dynamic of McKay and Ronon, which we haven't really seen. I also wanted to revisit Keller a year later. We saw Keller in "Missing" and now we're going to see Keller in a different way in this episode.

The show is primarily an action-adventure show. But you can't always do that. You have to have your lulls from the explosions."

GW: So it pays off?

CB: Oh, we're going to see a growth from where she's been a year ago to where she is now.

GW: You enjoyed writing for Weir.

CB: Yeah, I did.

GW: Was it sort of a let-down?

CB: You know, I miss the character, and I miss her. But we have new people and new stories, and you move on. The show must go on. And I love the new additions. I love Jewel. I just think she's terrific. And, as I said, I really just enjoyed having Amanda. She's such a great actress to write for, because exactly how you envision the scene playing out in you head, she does it exactly that way. It's so effortless, and she's such a strong, strong actress.

Good stuff

Comment

Congrats Blen on 2900!!!
            sigpic

Comment

And another sig.
              I just love thos HQ promo pics.

It's snurchable. I'm using it on my imagerotate already.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                And another sig.

super-shiny!

Comment

Beautiful. *runs off gleefully clutching sig to chest*

Edit - Thanks DG. Only just realised I hit 2900.
                  Last edited by Blencathra; 10 August 2008, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I have been gimping & made this if anyone would like it.

Comment

-snurch-
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                        And another sig.

http://img13.myimg.de/JennyKeller264b5e.jpg
                        Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        I have been gimping & made this if anyone would like it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/...abeaab73_o.jpg
                        WOWZERS, great work, the both of ya!

Here's what I made last night:

EDIT: Here's the smaller one for sigs.

--Kate

Comment

All of the siggies are great!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I stumbled onto some anti-conversations on another board by mistake. Had to rush here immediately.

Oh, please take me home!!!!!

Comment

More great sigs. Thank you

Edit - Never mind Pic! It's good! The more complaining there is, the more Jennifer centric episodes we get.

Last edited by Blencathra; 10 August 2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

-huggles Pic-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X