Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blen sorry to hear you had a bad week *huggles* and you don't need to needless to say the donating didn't go well and I am sore and bruised in my arm right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Love Shack! How's it going?

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      I forgot how much Kittens get into everything. I was sitting here letting Xavier explore and I thought I heard him messing with a hanging shell decoration thing and when I looked up he was balanced on top of my flat screen (the tv is not mounted to the wall there is an opening between the kitchen and the living room and that is where the tv sits so he jumped up on the table in the kitchen, then onto the little shelf thing and then onto the top of the tv)
      Little terrorist! Mine are still like that and they're two years old.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      I tried to donate blood today...things did not go well.

Spoiler:
      I went in to donate my usual Double Red Blood Cells (they take 2 pints of just Red Blood cells and that means I only donate every 16 weeks). Maybe I should have realized things would be bad when the person setting up (not the tech who put the needle in) set the machine up for platelets. I had no plans and would be able to donate both the platelets and double red so I said I can do both. The Machine 'draws' the whole blood then 'returns' the part of the blood not being donated along with some saline. The Draw was fine but the Return was uncomfortable there was a burning pinching feeling in my arm so I told the tech. He messed with the machine and tried to pull back a little on the needle. When the return started again there was still some pain but it did feel better (There should be no pain at all). Well when the tech looked again under the bit of padding that covers where the needle goes into the skin we can see that I am bleeding around the needle (In case you don't know that is not supposed to happen at all). The Tech tried moving the needle again to fix the problem but still I bleed, but now the pressure for the draw was too low (no blood was going into the machine). The Tech and one other person was trying to fix it but could not get the pressure to go up and they could feel a knot forming at my elbow (just above the bend) and so the whole process was stopped. I was given some cold and heat packs I was told for the first 24 hours to use the cold packs and then tomorrow use the heat packs to try and help the swelling (which I already have some of) and to help the bruising that will happen. From what they can tell the way the needle was sitting in the vein the return was not going into the vein (which is why there was the pain). That is the first time that has ever happened to me. I think next time I will donate from my left arm instead of my right just to give it a break. Even though they got nothing usable from me I still have to wait 8 weeks (the same wait I would have to wait for a whole blood donation) before I can donate again so I will have plenty of time to heal.
      Ouch! Dearheart! Hope the bruising gets better soon!

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Congratulations on being a grandmother again, Ever!

Bailey I'm intrigued as to what might have scared your cat so much. I wonder what it could have been?

I took SB to York on Sunday. Only an hour drive there but when I got back my right hip was in agony. So it's been another week either lying down or standing up - no sitting. It's a lot better today though, thank goodness. I packed Mr Blen off to Australia on Thursday so I can't be laid up.

< respectfully snipped for space>
      Thank you! Here's hoping this baby doesn't have it's big sister's problems!

at the Tardis and daleks! I'd be scared (excited too) to see them!

Sorry you are feeling poorly. Hope you get your strength back. Tell Mr Blen to have fun in Australia! Anywhere around where BB is?

News on Miriam. Looks like she's going to need a heart transplant. It seems to be the lesser of two evils at this point. Surgery would take place in Denver (about 10 hours or so north of here) I have no idea on timelines and such at this point. The rest of the news doesn't look good either. I'm feeling so beaten up by all the bad news/hopeful news/bad news back and forth going on.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*huggles* I hope that everything works out for the best
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. *hugs back*
          sigpic

Comment

In my craziness of the last few weeks, I totally forgot to post my thunk calendar for June! It's for Blenca.

sigpic

Comment

And June's Shippy calendar...

sigpic

Comment

Very pretty art work Ever!
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you!

Hubby's taking my fried external hard drive to the computer guy who permanently loaned us the lap top and he (the computer guy) says he can just take the what's it out of the fried one and can put it in a good one. Yay! All my stuff might not be gone!
                  sigpic

Comment

*fingers crossed* I hope you get your stuff back Ever!!
                    sigpic

Comment

*crosses fingers too*
                      sigpic

Comment

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry to hear about Miriam, Ever. Fingers & everything else crossed that everything works out.

Great calendars!!

Comment

Good evening, Love Shack! How's it going?

Glad you like the calendars, Blenca! I was really hoping you'd like yours.

We're just all trying to keep everything together with Miriam's news.

I finally put up the first chapter of my next Ronon/Jenn story. More chapters to come. The Heart of the Matter
                          sigpic

Comment

Ever, loved the story *hughs*

I was out of here for a while once again, but I am still catching up. I am off work tomorrow, so I hope to spend a while gimping. I was doing some graphics for the camp yesterday. I cannot wait I will have the same girl again and my husband will have two boys - the one is my favourite I used to take care of years ago

Comment

Morning Love Shack.

Ever the calendars are beautiful. Love them!

Sorry to hear about Miriam. Will be hoping and praying for a miracle for you all and that things go as smooth as possible.

Loved your first chapter, Ever! Looking forward to the rest of this story.

SeN, happy to see that you are getting excited about camp.

Loved that pic of Doctor Who props. I don't think you'd be able to wipe the smile off my face if I saw that being pulled by.

DG, how is kitty settling in after a few days now?

My oldest (Archie) is still quite skittish, but improving. Can't believe how long his worry has held on. We did find a dead bee on one of the carpets, minus it's stinger, so it does make me wonder if he tangled with a bee. It would be so nice if we could just ask him what has him in such a tither.
                              Last edited by bailey1ak; 18 June 2012, 07:34 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have been very remiss with the Bookclub lately. Sorry everyone...

Schedule

Sunday, June 17th – Read I Believe by Nika Dixon

Monday, June 18th – Discussion

Tuesday, June 19th – Read Old Man's Dance by Nika Dixon

Wednesday, June 20th – Discussion

Thursday, June 21st - Read Chamomile by Imitating Licentiousness

Friday, June 22nd – Discussion
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X