Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't belileve we don't have any more news yet! I'm dying here. I might just have to write some R/K to cheer me up!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
      I can't belileve we don't have any more news yet! I'm dying here. I might just have to write some R/K to cheer me up!
      Well Suz...here's some confirmation that was given to me by Donna Booth---thanks Donna.

First off, let's hear a hip-hip-hooray () from the crowd that FINALLY Vabby has moved from predicting 1 right move--ie SGA moving to normal fall line up, to Ronon/Keller. Now as you all know (who've chatted with me on msn or read some of my posts, and some nay sayers mocked ()...

I have liked the possibility of any role Jewel played and Ronon pairing since Instinct. Yes, I saw tons of UST in Instinct...my one moment of "romantic" insanity!!!

Anyway let me give a break down of a few things.

Rumor had it that Robert Cooper said at a con that Keller develops a love interest who is part of the main cast. Now many looney tunes have said it's John...(~sigh~) For many reasons I knew that was a no. We found out it couldn't be McKay mainly because of Sunday. So that left one lonely gorgeous hunk of man meat left...yes that would be Ronon. Now they never shared a scene, but as I said...I was into them since Instinct so I had high hopes when I heard Jewel would be a rec. Plus, I had asked a question about Ronon on JM's blog and of course I think a few other people...but he tiptoed around an answer and said maybe. I think he knows I'm a Keller/Ronon early looney shipper. Anyway, so now below I think Jewel's recent interview on GW says it all...

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Jewel Staite
      As far as Ronon goes, I think it's safe to say Keller has a wee bit of a crush on him. Because she has, you know ... eyes.
      Link: http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._change3.shtml

Note: go to edit and type in Ronon and find, you'll find the mention.

~sigh~ I totally know how Suz feels about always predicting the right answers...lots of vindication and satisfaction. I guess that kills a few other ships for Ronon.
      Last edited by vaberella; 25 September 2007, 11:50 AM. Reason: rec---is corrected from "reg"
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        Well Suz...here's some confirmation that was given to me by Donna Booth---thanks Donna.

First off, let's hear a hip-hip-hooray () from the crowd that FINALLY Vabby has moved from predicting 1 right move--ie SGA moving to normal fall line up, to Ronon/Keller. Now as you all know (who've chatted with me on msn or read some of my posts, and some nay sayers mocked ()...

I have liked the possibility of any role Jewel played and Ronon pairing since Instinct. Yes, I saw tons of UST in Instinct...my one moment of "romantic" insanity!!!

Anyway let me give a break down of a few things.

Rumor had it that Robert Cooper said at a con that Keller develops a love interest who is part of the main cast. Now many looney tunes have said it's John...(~sigh~) For many reasons I knew that was a no. We found out it couldn't be McKay mainly because of Sunday. So that left one lonely gorgeous hunk of man meat left...yes that would be Ronon. Now they never shared a scene, but as I said...I was into them since Instinct so I had high hopes when I heard Jewel would be a reg. Plus, I had asked a question about Ronon on JM's blog and of course I think a few other people...but he tiptoed around an answer and said maybe. I think he knows I'm a Keller/Ronon early looney shipper. Anyway, so now below I think Jewel's recent interview on GW says it all...

Note: go to edit and type in Ronon and find, you'll find the mention.

~sigh~ I totally know how Suz feels about always predicting the right answers...lots of vindication and satisfaction. I guess that kills a few other ships for Ronon.
        no problem vabs and thanks for the link to this thread
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Oooh...let me make a correction...I said Jewel was a "reg", that was supposed to be "rec" for recurring. ~sigh~ mini mistakes, just wanted to clear it up if no one reads my post actually.

Long live Ronon/Keller, may you beat JT in ship popularity on screen! <---this coming from a bonafide JT shipper ~gasp~

Comment

Um, wow, I haven't been up on SGA lately so I don't know how this ship came about, but I am now completely intrigued!
            banner by Stef

Comment

I'm glad this thread resurfaced.....I didn't know there was one until today....I am all for Ronon and Dr Keller having something together. Of course, it matters greatly how they build the character of Keller, but I have a feeling shes going to be a spunky one.

I just think the contrast of watching Ronon and a woman who is not a warrior type will be intriguing, especially with all of his reserves and mistrust of people.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                I'm glad this thread resurfaced.....I didn't know there was one until today....I am all for Ronon and Dr Keller having something together. Of course, it matters greatly how they build the character of Keller, but I have a feeling shes going to be a spunky one.

I just think the contrast of watching Ronon and a woman who is not a warrior type will be intriguing, especially with all of his reserves and mistrust of people.
                Yeah, the thread was created a while ago, but much like the Pro Discussion JT thread, I'm not about keeping it on the first page or promoting it...I figure a search engine would suffice and chit chat here and there is good especially when it's not a pairing of mains. I'm not into too much useless jibberish and non-sense posts as I've seen on other threads. It's distracting and really unnecessary.

But to get on topic: just as a bit of background: I saw a lot of talk on Ronon/Teyla and I know that pairing gained a lot of support, but I think it was in Sateda which confirmed an idea of the kind of woman that Ronon would like. I do like him with the strong woman who can kick arse, ie Sora types and such (before Sateda I was thinking along her line as a suitable woman Ronon would be into). But when I saw Sateda I was like..."Huh, he has a twit fetish..." ie She's another Katie Brown in my eyes.

But I like Keller and as you said there's spunk there which separates her from his twit on Sateda. Although there are many similarities, both of them worked in the medical field, both of them seem to be extremely dedicated. But as you mentioned, I just feel that Keller has more energy. She's in your face and really direct about things and doesn't beat around the bush from what I've seen. Again though I just like the way Jewel Staite and Jason Momoa play off of each other as seen in Instinct, so I see a lot of room to play on that with her in human form. All in all it's going to be very interesting indeed.

Comment

Yep, you get the props VB my dear! You were right on this one. Course I'm right too! You know I must have a little McKay in me cause I NEVER get tired of saying I was right!

Spoiler:
                  But how completely cool that Jewel would give us such GREAT confirmation. I had to laugh when I read her comment. I've always wonderd how all the women in Atlanis didn't trip over their tongue everytime they got near him. Do they not have eyes in their heads? A guy that HOT would have tons of women after him, or at least so attracted that they go distracted and make cakes of themselves around him!

I think that's why I never bought the whole Teyla/Ronon thing. She's never acted as if she notices him like a woman notices a man. Anyway... that's totally OT!

I'm so excited! This has been my week for good shipper news! Now I can't wait to see them on screen together.

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                    Um, wow, I haven't been up on SGA lately so I don't know how this ship came about, but I am now completely intrigued!
                    I think I jumped on when Jewel was first announced. It just kinda hit me that Ronon would be attracted to this kind of woman, and TPTB seem to be setting him up to move on with his life and have some romance. I suspected they were going to do something long before Robert Cooper even said anything. I think Ronon needs a woman, and if I'm right about Keller, she could be very good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      But I like Keller and as you said there's spunk there which separates her from his twit on Sateda. Although there are many similarities, both of them worked in the medical field, both of them seem to be extremely dedicated. But as you mentioned, I just feel that Keller has more energy. She's in your face and really direct about things and doesn't beat around the bush from what I've seen. Again though I just like the way Jewel Staite and Jason Momoa play off of each other as seen in Instinct, so I see a lot of room to play on that with her in human form. All in all it's going to be very interesting indeed.

I agree, I think Keller is enough like Melina to catch his attention and has enough spunk to hold it now that he's a different sort of man. I don't think he'd stay with a woman like Melina anymore, but I do think someone who challenges him and would fight with him like Keller he would. Heck, I paired him with a doctor in my own fic. I think it fits!

Comment

I've finally broken down and written a Ronon/Keller fic! Below is the link if you'd Like to read.

http://fanfic.gate-of-dreams.com/eFi...ory.php?sid=22

Comment

im new to this whole thread and im liking the idea of Keller and Ronan and i think we have got proof here a new interview from her here at Gateworldhttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ng_point.shtml
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Short Keller vid. LOL I love it.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRCG0r0mbw&NR=1

Comment

Yep, you get the props VB my dear! You were right on this one. Course I'm right too! You know I must have a little McKay in me cause I NEVER get tired of saying I was right!

Spoiler:
                              But how completely cool that Jewel would give us such GREAT confirmation. I had to laugh when I read her comment. I've always wonderd how all the women in Atlanis didn't trip over their tongue everytime they got near him. Do they not have eyes in their heads? A guy that HOT would have tons of women after him, or at least so attracted that they go distracted and make cakes of themselves around him!
                              Maybe, maybe not. You know me, my eyes would get all aglow and I'd get totally tickled if I could turn pink when McKay was around---but even me who sees an abyss of masculine heat from McKay can't get past Ronon and a twirly gun. It appeals to my "bad-boy" tastes. Unfortunately Ronon was classed much like Teyla---basically asexual but who hold an extremely high if not highest level of sex appeal on screen. It's interesting how that plays itsefl out.

I think that's why I never bought the whole Teyla/Ronon thing. She's never acted as if she notices him like a woman notices a man. Anyway... that's totally OT!
                              OT yes, but when looking in context to Ronon's relationships with women in the past and compared to his relationship with Teyla it's rather relavent. One of the key things when you look at Ronon with Melina is basically the a-typical male provider he appeared to be. I find when I see his relationship with Teyla which is one of the largest amount on screen after McShep is extremely familial. Sometimes, I find too familial considering the amount of time they knew each other. Especially when looking at how much he was willing to divulge to her in Runner and his apology. Ronon of course has changed from the Melina period, but his relationship with Teyla has always seemed to me as though Ronon saw not only a PG connection as verified in Trinity, but also the "older sister" aspect. Echoes was another good example of this familial feel. Not to mention the way Teyla talks to him, which is in a way a person speaks to an eager puppy...I always get the feeling RL would be tempted to add "sit" to her..."Ronon!!". Or the way one talks to a hyperactive child.

Spoiler:
                              But this is also why the above would be interesting. Would Keller act in similar ways as Teyla to Ronon? Would Ronon in affect react similarly to Keller as he does to Teyla or the other female scientists on Atlantis? That will give us that extra push in to really understanding Ronon's relationship personalities and garner an understanding on his "woo-ability" [<----I created that word!! ].

I'm so excited! This has been my week for good shipper news! Now I can't wait to see them on screen together.
                              Tell me about it. It's like the writers confirmed two ships on screen and there is definitely no game playing or misleading as so many others like to claim. The ships are done, in the case of JT established and I'm just happy the excuse the writers don't have any ship in mind has been dispelled once and for all. For MG to confirm Sunday's information and the interview with Jewel Staite confirming another---there is no room here for misunderstandings and interpretations.

Comment

I've finally broken down and written a Ronon/Keller fic! Below is the link if you'd Like to read.

http://fanfic.gate-of-dreams.com/eFi...ory.php?sid=22
                                Suz I have a tooth bill to send to you. I fell off my chair in school after reading your fic and banged my mouth on the desk causing my tooth the chip. Okay so I didn't chip my tooth, but your fic was so intense I did fall out of my chair and embarassed myself greatly. Wow!! Oh my goodness. Seriously, I almost dropped Rodney after that fic...I want Ronon to pick me up too... I get the feeling Rodney would complain of possible back problems if I asked him to pick me up like Ronon just did to Jen-jen in the fic. KAWAII!!!

I will totally support an S5 if this is one of the storylines that JM will carry forth into the next seasons, since he said most of what they have now will continue on when and if they're given a season 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X