Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL We had a ONE day of snow here this last winter. And I laugh at that! Might have been 3 inches, in the corners. School ran two hours late, there was panic in the streets - well not really but it was sad.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

that sounds like here but it is the rain and ice that comes before the snow that we are all panicied(sp) about.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        LOL We had a ONE day of snow here this last winter. And I laugh at that! Might have been 3 inches, in the corners. School ran two hours late, there was panic in the streets - well not really but it was sad.
        It was usual excuse for me when I was small and there was just one bus for us - it often came late or rarely didn't go at all. We were happy in that times

I found pic with our whole triangle
        Spoiler:

Comment

Happens here as well. I often wonder what would happen if we had a real snowfall. Country grinds to a halt even for a couple of inches.

Edit - Rodneys hair looks rather strange in that pic, SeN

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Happens here as well. I often wonder what would happen if we had a real snowfall. Country grinds to a halt even for a couple of inches.

Yeah, I noticed it, some strange kind of punk
            But I think she isn't looking at him

Comment

Something off topic.
              This is were I work

Comment

Oh Aqua. You lucky, lucky person. I am absolutely green with envy. Tell us all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                  It was usual excuse for me when I was small and there was just one bus for us - it often came late or rarely didn't go at all. We were happy in that times

I found pic with our whole triangle
                  Spoiler:

You remember who she ran off with though? Mmmhmmm!

The winter after we moved to Albuquerque, there were stores closing because it MIGHT snow. I just don't get it. Where I grew up, it snowed like CRAZY!! The superintendant of schools was from Montana and we almost never had snow days. If the snow was more than 18 inches, then it was delayed. The only thime I really remember it being cancelled was when it snowed 7 feet in 36 hours.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh Aqua. You lucky, lucky person. I am absolutely green with envy. Tell us all about it.
                    Well it one of the oldest cites in my country. It's an old Roman military city that afterwords becomes one of the biggest ancient cites in the region.

Comment

That's rather a lot of snow! Must be at least 45 years or so since it snowed like that here. My mother in law can remember not being able to get out of the house as the snow was above all the doors and windows downstairs.

Edit. I'm even more envious now. My favourite programme in the whole world ever is Time Team, an archaeology programme that's been running for about 10 years now. No-one is allowed to interrupt me under pain of instant death while its on. And when we go on holiday we have to go somewhere with plenty of historical stuff for me to wander round.

Comment

see I don't mind the snow (it means Snowcream) but I can't do that much snow I would go stir crazy not being able to leave the house.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aquagirl View Post
                          Well it one of the oldest cites in my country. It's an old Roman military city that afterwords becomes one of the biggest ancient cites in the region.
                          Beautiful I can be looking forward to some nice office... Yeah, I will go to sign the contract of work next week. Well, I chose the job...

Comment

I was a little kid and I had lots of fun! Dad plowed trails and we had snow forts, snow ball fights, we played fox and geese, trudged around the forest and waited for the snow to fall off the branches, It was great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                              Beautiful I can be looking forward to some nice office... Yeah, I will go to sign the contract of work next week. Well, I chose the job...
                              That's great What kind of job?

Comment

On topic.

Off topic. Snow.

Off topic. Archaeology

This place is just down the road from where I live. Not much to see now, just lumps in a green field.

Spoiler:
                                Elslack (Olenacum?) No pic.

Flavian fort, 1.3 ha that was occupied until c 120 AD and again around 150 AD. The original Flavian fort was square in plan with sides measuring 345 feet inside the ramparts. A double ditch system was separated from the ramparts by a berm 2 - 3 feet wide. The inner ditch was crossed by a gateway on each side. This construction was large enough only to house a garrison of one cohort of auxiliary infantry i.e. 400 to 500 men. The original fort was later levelled and replaced by a 2.2 ha fort built in the 4th century that was garrisoned by Ala Herculea.

Comment

Working...
                                X