Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't comment on the poor drivers. I think I'm one myself. That would be me crossing lanes without indicating or doing 20 in a 55. I'm a hopeless driver. I'm a better passenger. I cknow how to read maps!

DG - It's a shame you didn't get to see Jason but I'm glad you got an autograph. Hopefully he will be there another year.

Comment

One of these days I really do need to get my butt to a convention.... It's on my bucket list?

Right now I'm having a fight with my desktop computer that seems to think it's okay to randomly stop working right when I'm in the middle of something. Sigh. Technology sucks.
      sigpic

Operation "this will most likely end badly" is a go. - John Sheppard
      MALP on a stick! - Rodney McKay

Comment

Not sure I ever want to go to a Con. I don't know.

Technology does suck. Of course, there's times it's great. Not often though.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I'm pretty much a convention newbie. I've been to two Doctor Who conventions & thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Hopefully I'll get to another in a year or so. I drag my daughter along with me.

Oh my computer is driving me mad. Well it's not the computer itself, it's my internet connection that keeps dropping out. It's driving me insane.

Comment

I'm sitting on my laptop now in front of my computer while it runs an update LOL my cat is confused. The desk space is usually HER spot! ^_^ She's decided she'll watch the squirrel through the patio doors instead.

I'm sure my son would LOVE to go to a con... he's 11 going on "rockstar"....
            sigpic

Comment

I've been to 3 conventions and I have to say I'm not a typical attendee. I enjoy the panels so much, but have no desire to get autographs or photos with the actors. I find it a bit intimidating and way out of my comfort zone.

Sorry to hear about all of the technology snafu's today.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be the same as you Bailey if I was on my own, but I have SB who does all the autographs & photos for me. I'd much rather have a pic of her and Matt Smith (or whoever) than a pic of myself with whoever.

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh... I feel the same, Blen. I'd love to have a pic of my daughter with any of her Superhero's then a pic of me with them. I do have a picture of her and Lou Ferrigno (Hulk). She wishes it was Iron Man though.

That is such a great pic of SB and Matt Smith though! Perfect.

Oh... and I love the new sig. Since it is audio did you have to choose the faces or does the audio use actor/characters that you have seen in past episodes?

sigpic

Comment

I have a friend who sends me stuff she can find - I have an autographed Major Lorne pic of Kavan Smith hanging on the bookcase beside my desk... It's a nice distraction.
                    sigpic

Comment

I bet it is Nika!

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                      Oh... I feel the same, Blen. I'd love to have a pic of my daughter with any of her Superhero's then a pic of me with them. I do have a picture of her and Lou Ferrigno (Hulk). She wishes it was Iron Man though.

That is such a great pic of SB and Matt Smith though! Perfect.
                      It's always easier then you can take a child with you.

Oh... and I love the new sig. Since it is audio did you have to choose the faces or does the audio use actor/characters that you have seen in past episodes?
                      Thank you! I used pics from the CD cases. The pictures in the sig are of the actors who play the characters. So there is Narvin, Leela, Braxiatel (the Doctor's brother), Romana II and Romana III, respectively played by Sean Carlsen, Louise Jameson, Miles Richardson, Lalla Ward and Juliet Landau. Leela & Romana II are classic Who companions, played by the original actresses.

With it being audio it's nearly impossible to get pics. No screencaps obviously! It certainly requires a bit of imagination! Fandom-wise you are left with writing fic or doing some drawing, like this one somebody did on Tumblr.

Spoiler:

Narvin: What’s this — you’re offering me something?
                      Braxiatel: Only my hand.
                      Andred: It’s a human custom. You say “how do you do” and clasp hands. A symbol of trust and friendship, apparently.
                      Narvin: How uplifting.

My favourite character is Narvin (the one with the frown on the left of my sig). He's a proud, snarky, stick-in-the-mud Time Lord. He goes on an amazing journey character-wise, and gets blown up, tortured, shot & robbed of all his regenerations in the process. It's apparent that he is slowly falling in love with Leela, who he initially thinks is inferior and a savage. Thinking about it, it's Pride and Prejudice with Time Lords.

Comment

Cons are out of my comfort zone but at the same time it is nice to be surrounded by people who are just as nerdy (or more so) than me. I would not want to go to a con every weekend but one here and there is fun. My biggest complaint is one of the locations for the "Dallas" comic con that doesn't take place in Dallas it is in nearby Irvine and the Irvine Convention Center is not able to handle the thousands of people who are there because it is poorly designed. The one that takes place in Dallas however is in a great location it is HUGE and a great big wide open space so there is not the "OMG I am going to die on the escalator when I get to the bottom because there is no where for people to go when they get off."
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't want to go to a Con frequently either. Once every couple of years is good enough for me. I went to one in 2011 and one in 2013. I'd quite like to go to one next year finances permitting.

Oh I feel drained. Trying to get SB to choose what she wants to do for her A levels/decide what job she wants to do/choosing & applying for a college etc. I need a lie down.

Comment

Preach it, Sister! Trying to get Star to get her scholarship stuff done last year, all the college applications, etc was like pulling teeth! Now I'm doing it with another child. My younger son's girlfriend/fiancee has had family troubles and moved in with us about two months ago. Trying to get her to do all the stuff to go to college now. Of course, she already knows where she has to go, but there's a LOT of work involved in that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Doing it once is hard enough, I wouldn't like to have to do it again. Our problem is that SB has absolutely no idea what she wants to do. At the moment it's looking like she fancies doing something medical, so she decided to pick A levels that seemed most likely to be of use in that respect - she's gone for Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & Pyschology.

Comment

Sounds good! She'll need all of that! Some chemistry as well I'd imagine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X