Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going?

Trip to ABQ yesterday was long and hot. Something wonky was up with the vehicle, so I called Hubby. He said to turn off the AC and roll down windows. It helped to a degree, but man oh man was it HOT!

Miriam is doing wonderfully - even with the cold. Colds are a bit worrisome with transplant patients as they can affect the heart.

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    Working, then after 5pm go see how the sis did on her yard sale.

Tomorrow we are driving to the Cities (Minneapolis/St.Paul) and it is a boring 2 1/2 hour drive. I think for the same reasons... driven it too many times... and not much to see.

Not sure that we are doing much for the weekend... Mr. Hifield's birthday is on Memorial Day this year, so I'm sure we will be visiting over the weekend. Will have to see if they want to bbq or something.

Do you all have any fun plans for the holiday? Curious... does your town have a parade for the holiday or festivities? I think I remember for one of the holidays you were in a parade. Our doesn't really, but it may be because we are just too big, and too many lakes that pull people out of town.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...e.jpg~original
    We have our local party the first weekend in May. The three big summer holidays are busy here because we have the two biggest lakes in the whole area and lots of people come down from ABQ and up from El Paso. There will probably be an extra 40 or 50 thousand people in the area for the weekend. Locals either get to the lake early and stay or stay home entirely.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
    Afternoon Love Shack! My younger brother is coming up this weekend so I have been doing some cleaning today I took a break though and saw ]this They are waiting until Nov I am sure of it
    I saw that earlier but didn't read the comments. LOVE it!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      Yes it was

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      LOL! I've seen that before but it's so funny. I wonder what they did with the Dalek head? Hand it up like a trophy on the wall?

We all know what he's doing here.

Getting ready for "bed"

I thought I quoted all this too, but with babies on my lap, it's sort of confusing.
      sigpic

Comment

He is getting ready for "bed"

Wouldn't be cool if the Dalek head ended up in the 50th anniversary

I hate being without A/C when it is hot *huggles*
        sigpic

Comment

It's not even all that hot outside yet and I have the cooler on. Not going through extreme heat again soon.

I'd love to see that dalek rise from the depths for the 50th Anniversary. Something like that anyway.
          sigpic

Comment

Morning Love Shack.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Love Shack! How's it going? Morning, Bailey!

Always love that manip. You did such a good job!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ever. Wish I had the motivation and inspiration to do more manips. I really did enjoy trying to create them. I haven't gimped or written anything in so very, very long. I'm continually hopeful though that inspiration is just around the corner... just wish I could find the corner.

My hope now is maybe when the kids are out of school which is today for the oldest and next week for the youngest.

How have you been lately?
                sigpic

Comment

I'm running around crazy as always. The kids' last day of school was Friday. Of course, they start in mid August. So everyone is around underfoot and life is busy.

Monday, Star and I went shoe shopping. We bought some pretty heels - Hubby says the ones Star bought are too old for her - went to a movie, went out to lunch. Fun day!

I've been writing some. It's only a sentence or two here and there as I've been too busy to even get in the mindset to write. Some day.

I've been uploading all sorts of pics that I might want to use for art, but I really can't find even the desire to artify anything.

sigpic

Comment

It is odd, we tend to get out of school about a week after a lot of people, but then we don't start until after Labor day... so almost three weeks after a lot of our friends in other states. Not sure how that works out... must be shorter breaks or maybe our State has a shorter requirement of days of school year. hmmmm...

Sounds like your busy is also enjoyable. What movie did you get to see?

sigpic

Comment

We went to see Epic. Cute movie. The warrior/mentor's name was Ronon. (Don't know if that's the spelling they used, but it's the spelling I'm using in my head until I'm told otherwise) He was voiced by Colin Ferrell.

It's fun here, but I enjoy the days when all the kids choose to go into town. It's a bit of a breather!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd spell his name that way too, Ever. Looked like a cute movie too.

I always enjoy the very elusive moments when I'm home and the kids our out and about somewhere. Only happens about once a year for me, but it is a truly wonderful couple of hours when it does.

sigpic

Comment

Do enjoy those moments. I need these few moments to just decompress. I imagine it'd work for you too.

Everytime "Ronon" in the movie got a teeny tiny bruise, or whatnot, my chin quivered and I was all, "My Ronon!"

If only Jason voiced him as well. It would have almost been complete!
                          sigpic

Comment

That would have been "Epic" to use his voice for that!

Right now I might (might, might, might) have a few days without the rest of my family in late August. They are going to be doing a road trip to New York. Of course they are trying to figure out a way to have me come with and still be home in time to drive to Chicago for the Con. I'd prefer to have a few days to myself (that would be Epic for me), but it is hard to say that I don't want to go with when they are all trying to work it out for me because they want me to be there.

sigpic

Comment

Well, here's hoping either way. It'd be fun to have time with the family, but restful to be on your own.

And a con! How exciting!
                              sigpic

Comment

So... when is our next celebration here?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X