Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep seeing the stuff about Broadchurch and I am hoping that they air it on BBCAmerica or that Netflix puts it up streaming fast.

I agree Vincent and the Doctor was sad so was the death of Idris. I don't think I would have picked them over Donna though

We never see enough snow to have those problems so I can't say I know what it is like. I know that there are people that only scrap frost and ice from just the driver side of their windshield that is just stupid and wrong.

I use my phone for text, I do use the internet on my phone look something up real fast or show someone a vid on youtube check facebook or post pictures, or take pictures really handy when I want to look up movie times and I am not at home.the last thing I do on my phone is actually talk on it I HATE talking on the phone so 99% of my cell communication is through text.

I have a hotmail account, because of my phone I have a gmail but I never use it and don't even know how to look at it unless it is on my phone and I never give it so it stays empty I have a yahoo one but I have it only for the yahoo IM again it is one I don't use or give out.

Happy St George Day
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
      I keep seeing the stuff about Broadchurch and I am hoping that they air it on BBCAmerica or that Netflix puts it up streaming fast.

We never see enough snow to have those problems so I can't say I know what it is like. I know that there are people that only scrap frost and ice from just the driver side of their windshield that is just stupid and wrong.

I use my phone for text, I do use the internet on my phone look something up real fast or show someone a vid on youtube check facebook or post pictures, or take pictures really handy when I want to look up movie times and I am not at home.the last thing I do on my phone is actually talk on it I HATE talking on the phone so 99% of my cell communication is through text.
      I know Blen said she'd keep an eye out for us for Broadchurch, but if you see anything can you post it up too, DG. I'm hoping to not miss it, but it is hard to keep it in my mind when I typically don't see ads for it and such. Netflix would be awesome though.

I have to agree on the windshield thing. Or... they let their defrost do all the work and they don't scrape... but they are in a hurry, so as soon as they have about 6-8 inches of cleared windshield they start driving and you see them stooped low over their steering wheel so they can see through the portion that has defrosted. Wow... accident waiting to happen.

I mainly text as well. I loved the phone getting that feature! I'd rather have that then the talking part on my phone if it had to be one or the other. I can see the functionality of having the internet when I'm not home, just haven't found myself wanting it. I probably should say "yet" because there was a long time I refused to get a cell phone too.
      sigpic

Comment

I do text and take and send pics with my phone. It was very helpful over the last several months. I've got my computer for Internet though.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I will make sure to say something here if I see about it and it hasn't been said yet.

I scrap my windshield a little of my back window and the side windows then I let the defrost do the rest I don't do the warm up thing to my car where people go out and start the car then go back in the house that is like gift wrapping your car for thieves (I had a laugh when that was in the news about people who did that then were calling police because someone stole their car)

I got a cell when I lived in Oklahoma and in case you don't know there are 2 smallish cities (smallish to me) they are Tulsa and Oklahoma City the rest of the state is farm land and so Cell phones are a necessity if your car breaks down it is get you cell and stand in odd positions to get bard or start a long long walk to get to a phone. Since then I have not been without I hardly ever leave my house without it with me.
          sigpic

Comment

I will make sure to say something here if I see about it and it hasn't been said yet.

I scrap my windshield a little of my back window and the side windows then I let the defrost do the rest I don't do the warm up thing to my car where people go out and start the car then go back in the house that is like gift wrapping your car for thieves (I had a laugh when that was in the news about people who did that then were calling police because someone stole their car)

I got a cell when I lived in Oklahoma and in case you don't know there are 2 smallish cities (smallish to me) they are Tulsa and Oklahoma City the rest of the state is farm land and so Cell phones are a necessity if your car breaks down it is get you cell and stand in odd positions to get bard or start a long long walk to get to a phone. Since then I have not been without I hardly ever leave my house without it with me.
            Most of my vehicles are "Please steal it! I don't want to deal with it any more!" I don't have any takers though. C'est la vie.

That's about what New Mexico is like. NOTHING for miles on end. In fact, we all got cell phones years ago, when Mom had cancer. We all wanted to be able to get in touch with each other if something went wrong, if she needed one of us, etc.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              I do text and take and send pics with my phone. It was very helpful over the last several months. I've got my computer for Internet though.
              I bet that was very helpful, Ever. You've also learned to Skype... or something close to it... very progressive. That thing still scares me. The most I do is texting, although I have sent pics I've taken with my phone as part of the text, but not really necessary, just goofy stuff. Like BrneyesTX and I have gotten into a thing where we text each other pics whenever we are eating in a restaurant. A pic of the sign or menu... something goofy like that. But I don't take serious pics at all, usually have the camera for that.

Now I can see though that if I had the ability to email from my phone, that the picture taking on the phone would be more helpful because it would make it easier to take the pictures off my phone and use them. Although I wonder if the quality is very good.

I haven't gotten into chat much either, but I do use gmail's chat when I do rewatchs so that we can start the episode at the same time and then visit while watching. I've used yahoo's a couple of times, but I'm not sure of my user name or password, so I don't know if I could still use it. I really need to write down passwords and things... they are too easy to lose.

I can see how cell phones could be useful there too, DG. When I didn't have one it was because we were in a small town (about 2,500 people and an island... so no driving "away" from home really) and there just wasn't a reason that a phone call couldn't wait till you were near a phone. Now that I live in a bigger area it goes with me everywhere... in fact we haven't had a home phone since we moved here 7 years ago.

It seems that is becoming more and more common... people getting rid of there home phones.
              sigpic

Comment

I have done video chat once and that was only with my Mom and Step-Dad I am not overly comfortable with vid chat.

The camera's on cells are getting better and better the pics I took from the con last year with the Dalek, me with Pete from Warehouse 13 those were all taken from my cell that I then emailed myself. The pics of the Doctor Who Disappearing Tardis Mug those pics were taken with my cell and emailed to me I have no need to get a camera because it is part of my cell.

Yeah I can see where living in a place like that not needing a cell would be a luxury

I would get rid of my land line but I keep it because of the alarm on my house I need it. I don't call anyone with it since most of my calls are "long distance" and cells don't have that charge. no one calls me on my home phone and the only calls I get to the home phone is telemarketers and bill collectors looking for an ex step mother and her daughter.
                sigpic

Comment

Those pics did turn out really well, DG. It seems really handy to be able to just email them to yourself too.

Ever... how did you feel about doing the video type chat. In my head it seems like an awkward thing... is it?

SeN and Blen... have you ever done Video chat?

My boss is starting to do those things for interviews and such and thank goodness I haven't had to be involved yet. Hope to not have to either.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have Skype for video chat. I use it to talk to Mr Blen when he's away for long periods of time. But I don't actually have the "video" part of it. My camera broke and I haven't got round to replacing it. (Shhhh, don't tell, but I don't think I will replace it )

I have an Xperia like SeN and love it. It's so useful. If I'm out & about and need to know something I can just get onto the internet & find it out, prices of things etc. Also I use it a lot in bed, watching/listening to things on You Tube, though the screen is a little small. I'd really like a tablet but I can't afford that at the moment.

Comment

I do not use the internet connection very often, but I get online often with the wi-fi at home or at work. It is still a bit expensive having classic mobile internet here... Finally the prices are getting low! I love I can take it everywhere, do not have to take the notebook And photo? Well, I take a photo somewhere and can show it everyone I want in a moment
                      I actually came back to facebook but I think I will not be there so often... The reason why I left is still there a bit... And I can say everything I want here as well

Comment

Looky what I got today!! My friends comic shop got a few in and they sold out so they ordered more and I got one

(click)
                        sigpic

Comment

Hopefully you will still hang around here as well SeN.

DG! LOL! Am I the only one who wishes that the Adipose thing actually existed. What a great way to lose weight! You can eat what you like, lose the weight overnight in a pain free way and have lots of these cute little guys. Ideal!

I stole these pretties from Tumblr so you all could see some stills from Broadchurch. Not spoilery as they are just of the two detectives. But so pretty.

Comment

Look what my friend sent me today These are really beautiful, I can look at it al the time

http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-places/

DG, what is the little thing you got?? I have no idea Looks cute though.

Blen, I am not planning to disappear, but sometimes it just happens Busy

Comment

Blen I agree it is the best weight loss plan ever! So long as some evil nanny doesn't turn all of you into the adorableness...although I don't think I would be that mad since look how cute!!!

SeN the Adipose is from Doctor Who people took a pill and then while they slept their fat would turn into one of those and then walk away. "The fat just walks away"
                              sigpic

Comment

Blen I agree it is the best weight loss plan ever! So long as some evil nanny doesn't turn all of you into the adorableness...although I don't think I would be that mad since look how cute!!!

SeN the Adipose is from Doctor Who people took a pill and then while they slept their fat would turn into one of those and then walk away. "The fat just walks away"
                                I want this! I wish it works! I couls eat all I want and just make these little cuties Now I understand why you all are so excited about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X