Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<------that about sums it up for me
    sigpic

Comment

New season 5 Jewel Staite interview
      Spoiler:
      '“Keller has definitely become more comfortable with the group,” Staite reports. “There are more scenes with Sheppard, which I really like because I didn’t have a lot of scenes with him last year. There’s been more development with the Ronon situation and the McKay situation, but of course, it being Atlantis the stakes are high and we’re in constant danger! There’s been lots of stunt work. So it’s the same old, same old, really,” she laughs.'

The whole interview found here.

Comment

Definatly squee worthy! Go Jenn!!!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

You beat me to it Krissie.

I've snipped out some of the less important stuff & just kept the stuff most interesting to us.

Spoiler:
          As is to be expected, this season viewers will see a lot more of Keller. If season four was an initial sketch of a character, season five is a chance for the writers to add further detail and color to her personality. Viewers had already learned a little about her rather isolated years as a young adult in ‘Quarantine’, her resilience under pressure in ‘Missing’, and her overall brilliance as a medic. Now though, Keller will get to show other sides of herself.

“Keller has definitely become more comfortable with the group,” Staite reports. “There are more scenes with Sheppard, which I really like because I didn’t have a lot of scenes with him last year. There’s been more development with the Ronon situation and the McKay situation, but of course, it being Atlantis the stakes are high and we’re in constant danger! There’s been lots of stunt work. So it’s the same old, same old, really,” she laughs.

Keller has also been seeing a lot more of life in the Pegasus galaxy so far, as Staite reveals that the Doctor has found herself going out as part of the team.

“I got a new leather jacket to wear off world,” the actress enthuses, “They’ve given me this off-world outfit and solidified me as more a part of the team, so that’s really cool. She’s still a little bit of a ‘fraidy cat,” Staite laughs, “but what I really like about Keller is that she seems to react the way a normal, ordinary person would in a death-defying situation. I think there’s a lot of humor and a lot of realism in that. But she’s learning and she’s definitely becoming used to being in dangerous situations and stepping up to the plate a bit more. So, slowly but surely, she’s getting the hang of it.”

Staite also hints that the season will hold a few shocks as far as Keller is concerned. “There’s a surprise coming,” she teases. “I think Keller’s definitely going to take the audience by huge surprise! She has some skills that we don’t know about – and that’s all I’ll say about that!”

This year will also see the return of Carson Beckett, whom the Keller character was designed to replace following his untimely demise. Staite couldn’t be happier to welcome both Beckett and his alter-ego, actor Paul McGillion, back to the Stargate Atlantis fold.

“Paul and I have a ton of scenes together. He’s actually one of my closest friends, which is just coincidental and really strange, so it’s been really cool to have him around. He’s coming back for a few more, too, so I’m excited about that. I think Keller and Beckett had a friendship of sorts previously, but it hasn’t really been established how well they knew each other, how close they were or how they met, even. But I think it’s quite clear that they’ve known each other for a while. Now that the producers have realised how close Paul and I are, they’ve maybe started to build that into the storylines a little bit more. We have good chemistry on screen and off screen, so I think they’re just working with what they already have.”

It’s clear that the actress is very happy to be a part of the Stargate Atlantis cast. Joining an established line-up that’s been together for a few years can be difficult, but Staite appears to fit right in.

Definitely sounds good for us.

And it looks like we are going to be in for a surprise. I wonder what it could be? *puzzled*

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            You beat me to it Krissie.

I've snipped out some of the less important stuff & just kept the stuff most interesting to us.

Spoiler:
            As is to be expected, this season viewers will see a lot more of Keller. If season four was an initial sketch of a character, season five is a chance for the writers to add further detail and color to her personality. Viewers had already learned a little about her rather isolated years as a young adult in ‘Quarantine’, her resilience under pressure in ‘Missing’, and her overall brilliance as a medic. Now though, Keller will get to show other sides of herself.

“Keller has definitely become more comfortable with the group,” Staite reports. “There are more scenes with Sheppard, which I really like because I didn’t have a lot of scenes with him last year. There’s been more development with the Ronon situation and the McKay situation, but of course, it being Atlantis the stakes are high and we’re in constant danger! There’s been lots of stunt work. So it’s the same old, same old, really,” she laughs.

Keller has also been seeing a lot more of life in the Pegasus galaxy so far, as Staite reveals that the Doctor has found herself going out as part of the team.

“I got a new leather jacket to wear off world,” the actress enthuses, “They’ve given me this off-world outfit and solidified me as more a part of the team, so that’s really cool. She’s still a little bit of a ‘fraidy cat,” Staite laughs, “but what I really like about Keller is that she seems to react the way a normal, ordinary person would in a death-defying situation. I think there’s a lot of humor and a lot of realism in that. But she’s learning and she’s definitely becoming used to being in dangerous situations and stepping up to the plate a bit more. So, slowly but surely, she’s getting the hang of it.”

Staite also hints that the season will hold a few shocks as far as Keller is concerned. “There’s a surprise coming,” she teases. “I think Keller’s definitely going to take the audience by huge surprise! She has some skills that we don’t know about – and that’s all I’ll say about that!”

This year will also see the return of Carson Beckett, whom the Keller character was designed to replace following his untimely demise. Staite couldn’t be happier to welcome both Beckett and his alter-ego, actor Paul McGillion, back to the Stargate Atlantis fold.

“Paul and I have a ton of scenes together. He’s actually one of my closest friends, which is just coincidental and really strange, so it’s been really cool to have him around. He’s coming back for a few more, too, so I’m excited about that. I think Keller and Beckett had a friendship of sorts previously, but it hasn’t really been established how well they knew each other, how close they were or how they met, even. But I think it’s quite clear that they’ve known each other for a while. Now that the producers have realised how close Paul and I are, they’ve maybe started to build that into the storylines a little bit more. We have good chemistry on screen and off screen, so I think they’re just working with what they already have.”

It’s clear that the actress is very happy to be a part of the Stargate Atlantis cast. Joining an established line-up that’s been together for a few years can be difficult, but Staite appears to fit right in.

Definitely sounds good for us.

And it looks like we are going to be in for a surprise. I wonder what it could be? *puzzled*
            Let's see, squee on the first bolded part!! We all know who she ends up with!! Added in the second. I always thought that was part of Jenn's charm. More squees and puzzling on the third bolded part! I'm really looking forward to the new season regardless of what the naysayers have to say.

I'm just not to sure about Woolsey!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

In anticipation

Spoiler:

I was really pleased to see which name she mentioned first! (And no - not John!!!)

I've been wracking my brains trying to think what she could do? It can't be any sort of self defence as we know she's rubbish at that. And she's frightened of heights - so not trapeeze act. We know Jewel can juggle but surely that can't be it!!!

I don't mind Woolsey. I think he's going to add to the angst.

Comment

Thanks you guys for all the Congrats I'm really happy, excited and I still can believe it

Comment

Congratulations, Aqua! And Blen, I'd join you in a glass of wine but I've found I don't much like the taste while I'm eating, so I'll have a beer, instead. Think I might head down to the pub tomorrow night for a drink...I'd go tonight, but my uncle's friend is coming over to help me cook my supper during her lunch break from work...and I need to find my ID.
                  sigpic

Comment

Found this on Jewel Staite.net in Jewel's biography...

Spoiler:
                    Jewel has always loved to sing. At a young age she would grab the mike and sing her heart out. And it hasn't stopped now. For a good time Jewel enjoys singing jazz and swing. Her favourite hangout is The Marquee Grill where she used to sing regularly, and time allowing, can be seen there again. She offers her talents for the numerous good causes she supports, those including the Dyslexia Foundation and The Children with AIDS Project, of which she was made Teen Spokesperson.

What do we think. Could this be our surprise?

Maybe
                    Spoiler:

a duet with Teyla??!!

P.S. Dr Jenn - what about one of these?

Comment

Mm, good choice of pics

This is mine
                      Spoiler:

Comment

That's a good one too. And I've just spotted a Brit sitting in the background.

Comment

Found this on Jewel Staite.net in Jewel's biography...

Spoiler:
                          Jewel has always loved to sing. At a young age she would grab the mike and sing her heart out. And it hasn't stopped now. For a good time Jewel enjoys singing jazz and swing. Her favourite hangout is The Marquee Grill where she used to sing regularly, and time allowing, can be seen there again. She offers her talents for the numerous good causes she supports, those including the Dyslexia Foundation and The Children with AIDS Project, of which she was made Teen Spokesperson.

What do we think. Could this be our surprise?

Maybe
                          Spoiler:

a duet with Teyla??!!
                          She sang on Disney's So Weird

Comment

That's a good one too. And I've just spotted a Brit sitting in the background.
                            Yeah, I see it. But we have Zelenka

Comment

-grins- You want me to go into my first pub, alone, and order something pink and girly, don't you?

What is that, anyway?

And how much d'you guys think I can get with only 25 bucks and some quarters?
                              sigpic

Comment

This is my GOOD NIGHT PIC

GOOD NIGHT

Comment

Working...
                                X