Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailey, I am glad I am not alone Yeah, friendship chemistry or family relationship can be enough sometimes. For example in Fringe I like Olivia and Peter but I cannot say I ship them, but I love Walter and Peter, father and son! If the show doesn't have interesting characters, I don't watch it for a long time.

BTW you actually reminded me i stopped watching Bones. I will probably watch the rest of the episodes together sometimes, but the chemistry is almost gone

Ever, got your entries

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
      Bailey, I am glad I am not alone Yeah, friendship chemistry or family relationship can be enough sometimes. For example in Fringe I like Olivia and Peter but I cannot say I ship them, but I love Walter and Peter, father and son! If the show doesn't have interesting characters, I don't watch it for a long time.

BTW you actually reminded me i stopped watching Bones. I will probably watch the rest of the episodes together sometimes, but the chemistry is almost gone

Ever, got your entries
      In Bones, I also like the relationship between the squints too. Kind of a family feel. I think my favorite episode was the one that the bone remains might have been those of JFK... I loved that Booth HAD to get in because they were HIS squints... to the point of shooting in the glass to enter the lock down at the Jeffersonian. I love watching him shoot the door... usually rewind it when I'm watching just to see it a couple of times.

Bones - this season
      Spoiler:
      I agree that it is gone as well. I think part of it is that they skipped a lot of the good moments that chemistry creates when they chose to jump from her telling Seely she was pregnant... to the very next episode had them living together, very pregnant and telling each other they loved each other like an old married couple!

I realize with her actually being pregnant that they had to jump that far ahead... but the story didn't have to include them living together and admitting a love for each other. He could be struggling to get her to admit it and then moving in together... maybe in a few episodes move it along to the point they are now at.

As a shipper, I was bummed that they skipped all the good parts! Would have loved to see how they got to this point and instead I feel cheated.

Maybe the chemistry will return once she's had the baby... Not sure when it is coming back on the air. Haven't seen any ads for it yet.
      sigpic

Comment

Exactly my thoughs, Bailey. We could have seen so much interesting moments... Maybe at least some flashback episode? I would like that!

I wanted to change my look once again I get bored with it quite often

Comment

The new look is beautiful, SeN... I like that it has just a hint of color so that it isn't quite black and white. Very stunning.
          sigpic

Comment

*hugs* BLen I know what you are going through. It is not easy I keep trying and will start to go through Dad's stuff but I don't seem to get much done even after hours going through some of his stuff.

Voyager- I loved although the last half of Season 7 makes me so mad I do still love all the earlier eps and Resolution (where they are trapped on the planet together) one of my fave shippy eps. I usually have no problems until I get to the last half of that last season and then the end of the last ep had you going so what happens now. (love the fanfic bit that answered those questions I lost my book mark to that site now )

Shipper- I am and I am not. I don't look for couples in everything I watch when I see it then and I think they go together well I jump in. There are shows where if two people get together okay fine cool (NCIS, CSI) and then there are those that I am like they have to be together (SGA, PB, Voyager). I think some if it and looking at the categories and examples for each is because of what the show is about. NCIS and CSI are crime shows and I would rather the focus be the working together to catch the killer/baddie I don't need a whole lot of personal stuff because unless it is to explain why a character reacts a certain way to a specific event. With PB, SGA, and Voyager there is more of the personal that is delt with more often there is the "what are we going to do? Our lives are not normal and everything has been turned around. There is death around every corner" it gives us more of a "personal" look into the characters lives and that for me is what drives the shipper in me.

Bones- I do wish we saw more of the beginning but at the same time I wonder if they could plan on showing some of that after the baby is born. They could do an ep where something happens maybe one is at deaths door or something and they show this "look back on the relationship" thing. Since they couldn't show it due to the pregnancy and the summer months off they could plan on showing us some of that after she has given birth and is down more to her normal weight.

Longer post that I thought I was gonna post
            sigpic

Comment

I do agree about the crime type shows, DG. That is why I've always liked how NCIS handles it... just enough to make me happy. I love seeing Gibbs playing the fatherly type roll with hugs to Abby, father stand-in for Ziva and even Tony at times. Just enough chemistry between all the cast for it to feel like a family, but not intrude too much on the case and finding the bad guys.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes exactly. I am not opposed to personal stuff in the shows but I don't want there to be more of the personal stuff than the point of the show is. NCIS has the perfect balance with it they have eps that are personal to a character but it is still more about finding the baddie.
                sigpic

Comment

Well that is probably the reason why we watch sci-fi/crime shows and not soup operas The realtionship must be told in subtle way. For example when Castle episode is well written and interesting, I do not need any shipping in it.

NCIS is written by Beliasario, he can work with that Still loving JAG

And thanks, Bailey! It is easier if the pic you work with is great!

Comment

I have noticed that with Beliasario. That nice blend of the point of the show and the personal. I did like how JAG worked out after they got rid of the first chick did not like her. The last ep and how it ended was great.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I must admit. I'm a scifi nut. If it's even halfway well done I've already watched or am planning on watching it. It's only the last 5 years or so I've branched out into more mainstream shows.

I mostly ship. Sometimes not. There have been several shows - even in my current watchings - that I don't ship anyone.

Bellisario - I've not seen JAG, but I saw Magnum PI and Quantum Leap before NCIS. He's great with the buddy-type shows. Both of those are great buddy shows.

Procedural show - I need the character stuff. Many of the CSI's out there are one giant blur. How many ways can you kill someone off? It's the character stuff in between that I remember. So, while I enjoy the CSI's, I can't really connect with them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sci Fi has to appeal to me some do and some don't.

CSI (Vegas since that is the only one I really was able to get into) has enough of the personal that I 'connected' with the characters. I don't know if it is because I love analyzing characters as to why they do what they do and that one gives clues and hints it subtly

Love that pic Ever!
                          sigpic

Comment

I connected with the characters on CSI. Just not a lot of the episodes. I really don't remember a lot of the plot lines.
                            sigpic

Comment

That is an issue some of them i know well because they are ones that stand out and I remember the most. Off the top of my head Blood Drops, Chaos Theory, Butterflied are ones that I just LOVE and so the plot to them is easy to remember a lot of the others are ones I have to watch a few minutes and then I can go OKAY I remember this one now.

Another shippy note I have found that there are people I ship because of a single ep suddenly two people are thrown together and the ep just so good that I can't help but love the couple. Although that is not very often (even if it did happen recently in a show )
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm more of a CSI:NY watcher... only watched one or two seasons of CSI faithfully. Did enjoy the characters on the show though when I did watch.

What show recently, DG.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X