Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As soon as I saw the oh so cutsey Dr. Keller with her flowing blond hair who just happens to look SO much like Ronon's dead wife, I knew my initial reaction to this new character was spot on - she's been brought in to be a sex/ship tease for Ronon. Certain dialogue and situations in First Strike make that VERY obvious. Actually, the set-up came in Sunday with the conversation between Ronon and Sheppard.

This is what we lost Carson Beckett for. It's as bad as losing Elizabeth Weir (yes, she'll be gone by episode 7 of Season 4, never to be seen or heard from again) to that has-been character Sam Carter.

Stargate Atlantis will be dead and gone come the end of Season 4.

Comment

I have no problem with Dr. Keller's introduction. Of course, she had minimal screentime in First Strike so it's impossible to reach a definite conclusion about her character one way or the other. Get back to me next season.

Comment

If the Atlantis team is stranded for any length of time then we would probably get a decent does of Dr. Keller helping the injured and wounded early on.

I thought her intro at the beginning at First Strike was ok. It briefly spotlighted the character (and showed Weir's confidence in her) but did not dwell on her for too long. Maybe she'll develop some interesting quirks but she does not need to be a major character (alas Dr. Lam in SG-1 who had a small part until the actress has to take a maternity leave).
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I loved the way Keller was introduced. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was over the moon when I heard Jewel mention she was going to be in Atlantis again. She's one of my favorite actresses and yes, she is good looking, but not the (only) reason I like her so much.

I will surely miss Beckett, and Keller will never be able to fill his shoes, but she can fill her own.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645 View Post
            As soon as I saw the oh so cutsey Dr. Keller with her flowing blond hair who just happens to look SO much like Ronon's dead wife, I knew my initial reaction to this new character was spot on - she's been brought in to be a sex/ship tease for Ronon. Certain dialogue and situations in First Strike make that VERY obvious. Actually, the set-up came in Sunday with the conversation between Ronon and Sheppard.

This is what we lost Carson Beckett for. It's as bad as losing Elizabeth Weir (yes, she'll be gone by episode 7 of Season 4, never to be seen or heard from again) to that has-been character Sam Carter.

Oh dear, I really hope you're wrong about that.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I have no problem with her introduction, but i really don't see the point in killing Becket after i saw her ... well, sure, i like to see pretty young girl rather then guy, but character and story wise, there is no bonus or anything ...

When they changed Ford for Ronon, it did have some sort of logic (team getting another local, after all we are intruders in another galaxy and locals can help, specially those that survived so long as runners) .. and (IMO), it was done in much better way.

I have nothing against JS, but dr. Keller is just pointless ... but she is here now and there is nothing we can do about it. Wish her luck maybe?
              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645 View Post

i REALLY hope you are wrong.
                (sorry, for double posts, didn't notice this one until i wrote my first).
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Guys, let's please remember:

Respect the cast and crew. It sucks that Carson is gone. I know that he was well liked and i know how it feels to lose a character you like. Just as i know that it's hard to see that role filled by someone else. Yet let's remember that the ACTORS are just doing what they're paid to do. It's not thier fault. They're just doing a job.

Let's also remember that this isn't the 'let's prove that keller sucks by comparing her to beckett' thread. Let's see if the character can be discussed without 'well, she's not carson so she's horrible'. Try discussing her merits without it being a comparison battle between the two.

THis is also not the thread to discuss whether or not the other character changes are 'good' or 'bad'. It's to discuss Keller and her place in the show. So let's see if that discussion can happen without automatically dismissing her because she's not who you want her to be.

And finally, respect others POV's. Some will like her, some won't. And neither opinion is right or wrong, it's just the opinion that a person has.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                    Okay, so lets dump Jewel and Rachel, then hire some ugly fat chicks to play their roles instead.
                    Sounds good to me.
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

So I see this Appreciation thread was merged with a general *we hate her she is not Carson* discussion thread. Good one Mods, nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        So I see this Appreciation thread was merged with a general *we hate her she is not Carson* discussion thread. Good one Mods, nice work.
                        I noticed that too.....my opinion was stated earlier before this became an Appreciation thread, so sorry to those who love her and disagree with my post. I would never, ever enter an Appreciation thread and bash someone I don't like, just as I hate it when people do that in the threads of my fave characters.

But this is also a discussion thread to, so.........my beef is her acting chops first and formost. He hand gestures duing her first scene were so perfectly and obviously blocked......tooo distracting. I just hope her jitters (which were very apparant and yes, who woudnt? But as an actor its her job to get over it) go away as she films more. That alone would help alot.

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                          But this is also a discussion thread to, so.........my beef is her acting chops first and formost. He hand gestures duing her first scene were so perfectly and obviously blocked......tooo distracting. I just hope her jitters (which were very apparent and yes, who woudnt? But as an actor its her job to get over it) go away as she films more. That alone would help alot.
                          Until the Mods go back on what they posted previously on Appreciation threads *waiting* then if the title has Appreciation in it you do not come in and knock the character or the actor, if you want to discuss the bad then make an anti thread or a thread that plainly states it is for good and bad reactions.

That way no one has to be upset unnecessarily.

I would like somewhere on GW where I can say I like her and the character without having to defend my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            I would like somewhere on GW where I can say I like her and the character without having to defend my view.

Ditto, I think they should make two sperate threads so there isn't mass confusion and chaos because of everyones differing views :/

Can nobodies be somebodies?
                            My Livejournal
                            Lemming #63!

Comment

To Be Honest i didnt even recogniser her at the start of first strike but at the end when she had her hair up i was like "Hey that Jewel".. and then i got ribbed for it!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                To Be Honest i didnt even recogniser her at the start of first strike but at the end when she had her hair up i was like "Hey that Jewel".. and then i got ribbed for it!
                                LOL.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X