Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merentha
    I don't think anyone here is giving the idea of the ep a bad review.. heck, that's why we were all so excited. Maybe they should've let him write the whole thing

I think I'll be rewatching today, maybe I'll feel differently about it the second time.

Word to Beloky who mentioned Home being a great ep. We got a glimpse of Shep backstory and some real emotional stuff when he saw his friends. Hints of backstory are fine with me, I don't need a huge chunk of story all at once, but if we could get this kind of stuff more consistently throughout the season it would do wonders for his character development, imho.
    I haven't watched it yet. Probably tomorrow...
    I've tried to stay away from people's views on that ep, but it was very hard. Wherever I was going, people were talking about it... and it seems people aren't too happy about it. Too bad !
    Maybe we had too many expectations about that episode, with everything we had heard from Joe himself... I wonder what he's thinking about the final cut. Someone has to ask him at the next con !

Anyway, I'll watch it with an open mind, and I'll tell you what I think about it.
    In the meantime, why not going back to pics ?

Last edited by florence; 29 November 2005, 01:15 PM.
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Awww...just seen the rest of that Breakfast Show vid that had Joe and his wife (then girlfriend) on. She seemed more shy and nervous than him!

What a cheek asking her parents if they could see him as a future son-in-law! I'm curious, 'cos 'Sisters' is a show that's never been shown here (as far as I know), but was it a very popular show...just seems to me that it must have been to have Joe on as an interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
        Awww, that pic I just loved all his reactions in Home. Like I was saying above, he needs more subtle emotional stuff like that. Or just more emotional stuff, because Joe always plays it nice and subtle!
        Indeed !
        We want angst ! We want emotional whump !
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
          I didn't mean to imply JF did poorly; it's just that he seemed so proud in that GW interview and at that con to have pitched an idea that would make it to production, and then have fans not be overly impressed with it.

I agree that it would seem to be TPTB that dropped the ball; the cast did great, IMHO. Meh...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...oe/105_056.jpg
          You didn't imply that Trippy atall. We all love him here! I agree with you that JF seemed so proud about his idea, and that's why I'm so disappointed too. I so wanted this to be the best eppie EVER! So I'm not disappointed at JF either, just TPTB. Nothing new there....Meh indeed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
            Awww...just seen the rest of that Breakfast Show vid that had Joe and his wife (then girlfriend) on. She seemed more shy and nervous than him!

What a cheek asking her parents if they could see him as a future son-in-law! I'm curious, 'cos 'Sisters' is a show that's never been shown here (as far as I know), but was it a very popular show...just seems to me that it must have been to have Joe on as an interview?

'Sisters' was a VERY popular show here for a few years. It was my roomies fave show- she watched it every week. It was one of those chick-flick shows- like 'Providence' and 'Once and Again'. Female oriented.
            Sig by Camy

Comment

More emotive facial expressions.
              Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
                'Sisters' was a VERY popular show here for a few years. It was my roomies fave show- she watched it every week. It was one of those chick-flick shows- like 'Providence' and 'Once and Again'. Female oriented.
                Thanks for that Trippy! Those vid clips were a joy to watch.

If his wife is not too keen on his kissing other actresses (that's the impression I got anyway), I dread to think what she must think about us thunkers and...er...the things we discuss about him!!

Comment

What vid is that?? I know his wife used to act... was this something she was in with him?

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                    What vid is that?? I know his wife used to act... was this something she was in with him?
                    Joe-flanigan.net has video clips of Joe and Mrs. F on it's website on some morning show. It's about nine years old. Cute stuff.

"They keep digging around in my past! What else are they going to find?"
                    Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      Here you go sweetie.

It's something Trippy posted for us earlier today

http://www.joe-flanigan.net/

Comment

Here you go sweetie.

It's something Trippy posted for us earlier today

http://www.joe-flanigan.net/

Thanks muchly! Have never been on that site before (bad me!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                          HE'LL never get a bad review from me Trippy! JF is a fantastic actor, who quite frankly makes a silk purse out of a sow's ear quite frequently!The writers and producers - well, that's another matter entirely....

And all I have to say to that is WORDITY McWORD to the nth.
                          Joe is fantastic. They should use him more. And by that I mean...give him the good stuff. Give him stuff that means something. TPTB can't take any credit for Shep's popularity and how layered the character is. That's all JOE.

Comment

Well, we didn't get any backstory in 'Epiphany', but we certainly get some 'frontalstory'! Yum!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...or1/she208.jpg

credit to Jean Grey

Comment

Well, we didn't get any backstory in 'Epiphany', but we certainly get some 'frontalstory'! Yum!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...or1/she208.jpg

credit to Jean Grey

OMG !

Thanks Eli, you made my day !

Comment

have no fear...i am back
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X