Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ra-hanna
    Since it was posted here, I'll ask here. I don't remember reading anything about the change in opening credits other than the shrinking of credits. But it's my understanding, now, that the scifi airing of eps has the teeny tiny version of opening credits and everyone else gets an extra extended version? Is it just a scifi channel thing or when it goes in syndication will it still be shortened? If you don't want to go terribly off topic, please PM me info or point me in the right direction. Didn't watch the long version yet, but I did watch the open credits spoof that someone made and I think Joe should get extra pay since his hair is a major character.

Here in the United States the Sci-Fi channel took away the opening credits this season and replaced it with a 10 second piece of crap (yes I'm, still bitter). The new one minute opening credits replaces the ones that were for Season One and will be shown everywhere else this season except in the United States. They will also be shown in syndication for Season Two and the DVDs when that comes out. So basically the 10 second one is only for the Sci-Fi Channel.

I also saw the opening credit spoof and I love it. I laughed when the wraith got the credit and Joe's hair. I thought it was perfect. I also liked it because it you got to see Paul and David in the credits.

Also this a great way to start the morning looking at all the lovely pics. Also knocknashee where is that pic from? I want to be the woman in the hat. Well I think we all want to be the woman in the hat.
    Lady F

Comment

Originally posted by LadyF
      I want to be the woman in the hat. Well I think we all want to be the woman in the hat.
      Actually, I'd rather not wear a hat... but I get your drift

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
        Personally, I'm repeating the word "November" in my head!

And yes Beanie, someone did say Vodka Actually I was thinking that it'd be fun to go out for a night and see how many Joe look-alikes we could all find!! Especially if we all did it, then reported which part of the world has the closest thing to Shep clones!!
        Sounds like a good idea to me...

But I have a Joe-clone who gets on the bus I get to work...and a Paul one...

*Wonders if either are single*

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
          Actually, I'd rather not wear a hat... but I get your drift
          Beanie does not suit that sort of hat...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
            Sounds like a good idea to me...

But I have a Joe-clone who gets on the bus I get to work...and a Paul one...

*Wonders if either are single*
            You mean you see someone who looks like Joe (and Paul) every day and haven't tried to figure out if they're single yet?

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              Linzi, where did you get the new Starburst Special from, since I can't see any details of it on Visimag's site...
              I got my copy from the Martin's newsagents chain, there's a few of them here down south, don't know if they're a national chain. WH Smith normally has them though, but they've been a bit slow stocking up recently!Don't know when it was first out, wasn't there last week.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                I got my copy from the Martin's newsagents chain, there's a few of them here down south, don't know if they're a national chain. WH Smith normally has them though, but they've been a bit slow stocking up recently!Don't know when it was first out, wasn't there last week.
                WH Smith didn't have it when I went in this afternoon...

Will try some time next week...thanks though!

Comment

It's Joan SHEppard!

Don't blame me, it was FP's idea!

Comment

Nope...too busy drooling...and trying not to get caught staring...

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                      It's Joan SHEppard!

http://www.mazzmatazz.co.uk/gallery/...1/SHEppard.jpg

Don't blame me, it was FP's idea!
                      OMG OMG!!! AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! OMG OMG!!!

He's prettier than me! And I AM a GIRL! {hanna goes and pouts in corner}
                      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Great piccies! I've always lurved the many different faces Joe makes.

My dad did our family tree and our ancestors came from England and I think Germany. My mom is from Australia - I guess I have some Aussie blood!

Comment

Wow...quiet in here tonight...

Might as well go back to drooling over the pics the postman delivered today...

Comment

Hi guys, great pics.
                            Can someone post the link to the opening credit spoof, I want to see it. I actually saw the new opening credits, they are really good. I'll have to look for the link and post it later. I am so mad that the rest of the world gets full opening credits while we here in the U.S. are stuck with a 10 second picture of the Wormhole and the city. Maybe if we are really lucky the SciFi channel will change it's mind, and give us back the full opening credits...crosses fingers and hopes for a miracle.
                            *AtlantisFan*

McKay: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.
                            Sheppard: I shot him.... In the leg.

Ford: How can something as big as Atlantis just sink?
                            Sheppard: I'm sure the passengers on the Titanic were asking themselves the same question?!

McKay: You're right- if only we had a magical tool that could slow down time. I foolishly left mine on Earth - did you bring yours?

McKay: I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman

Comment

Originally posted by *AtlantisFan*
                              Hi guys, great pics.
                              Can someone post the link to the opening credit spoof, I want to see it. I actually saw the new opening credits, they are really good. I'll have to look for the link and post it later. I am so mad that the rest of the world gets full opening credits while we here in the U.S. are stuck with a 10 second picture of the Wormhole and the city. Maybe if we are really lucky the SciFi channel will change it's mind, and give us back the full opening credits...crosses fingers and hopes for a miracle.
                              I'll happily trade anyone in the US full opening credits for getting to watch SG on tv before September/October

Comment

Mazz is blaming me for something again. *LOL*

The pink pants were NOT my idea, and I think "Joan" could use some nice, dangling earrings.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X