Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    I think just looking or thinking about that man can make one giddy.
    True, but still... I love his smile! And his hair... and his Boxers... and his sense of humour... I could go on forever though, so I'll stop at that.
    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
      Just watched Joe in his TRU CALLING ep. HOT HOT HOT! Wore all black at one point .Jeans twice. So slim and sexy and yummy. And so NOT Major SHeppard. Very different persona.

Love the THOUGHT CRIMES pics. If he hadn't become Shep I would have loved TC to be a series. Brendan is very different from SHEP! Course he was different in Dawson's and in JUDGING AMY. Also in PROFILER and FAMILY ALBUM.
      I LOVED him in "Thought Crimes" too! But I prefer him as Shep.

Joe is a great actor over all! I order "Farewell to Harry" so i'm waiting for it to come in so watch it, and maybe make more caps of Joe in a suit.
      ~Athena

Comment

I LOVED him in "Thought Crimes" too! But I prefer him as Shep.

Joe is a great actor over all! I order "Farewell to Harry" so i'm waiting for it to come in so watch it, and maybe make more caps of Joe in a suit.
        He's a fabulous actor, which makes me giddy with happiness. Cause as we said in recent posts..beauty only goes so far. Talent with the beauty lasts and lasts! LOL

I have FAREWELL TO HARRY heading my way too. Can't wait. Looks like some really meaty/angsty material for Joe to sink his teeth in to.

Comment

Yes he does look nice in those suit pics, but did you notice -- the tie's not straight, the collar is open? Even in a suit - he's casual -- it's his style, or so it seems. I think that's what makes him so cute -- easy going, sporty - that relaxed sexuality. It's like he doesn't have to try hard to look sexy -- he just is!

Comment

Just watched Joe in his TRU CALLING ep. HOT HOT HOT! Wore all black at one point .Jeans twice. So slim and sexy and yummy. And so NOT Major SHeppard. Very different persona.

Love the THOUGHT CRIMES pics. If he hadn't become Shep I would have loved TC to be a series. Brendan is very different from SHEP! Course he was different in Dawson's and in JUDGING AMY. Also in PROFILER and FAMILY ALBUM.

Dawon's Creek and Tru Calling are the only two things I can remember seeing Joe in. I know I watched the CSI Miami episode that he was in because I read a summary of the episode and I am sure I've seen that one but I couldn't remember Joe at all. However I remembered which Tru Calling episode as soon as I read he had been in that series, I remember when watching that ep thinking how sexy the actor was that played that character. He as you said was very different to Shep but still very memorable. He was sexy in DC too, although of course he played a creep. It does show however as everyone has said how versatile he is because all three characters were very different from each other. Next week the Providence episodes that he was in are going to be on so I am very much looking forward to seeing how he comes across in those. I am also going to see if I can rent Thought Crimes and Farewell to Harry at some point.
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
              Yes he does look nice in those suit pics, but did you notice -- the tie's not straight, the collar is open? Even in a suit - he's casual -- it's his style, or so it seems. I think that's what makes him so cute -- easy going, sporty - that relaxed sexuality. It's like he doesn't have to try hard to look sexy -- he just is!
              Yep, that's definitely a huge factor in his appeal. He doesn't look remotely manufactured like a lot of actors today do. I swear there's a factory somewhere in Hollywood where they turn out actors on a conveyer belt after making them in test tubes in some lab. Some of them look like they may have actually been cloned. Joe looks, the only way I can describe it is 'REAL', he is very sexy but somehow very ordinary.

Reading the background of how he got into acting adds to that impression. He started late, in that he had already been to university and been working for some time before deciding to try acting. I am not saying actors who started their careers as children or teenagers aren't 'real' people but that maybe if you've spent most of your life pretending to be someone else your grasp on who you are can get a bit blurry. I was just reading an article today about the amount of producers/directors who when casting child/teen parts in their projects deliberately cast youngsters with no or little acting experience because they want someone untrained and in their opinion more able to give a 'natural' performance.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                Dawon's Creek and Tru Calling are the only two things I can remember seeing Joe in. I know I watched the CSI Miami episode that he was in because I read a summary of the episode and I am sure I've seen that one but I couldn't remember Joe at all. However I remembered which Tru Calling episode as soon as I read he had been in that series, I remember when watching that ep thinking how sexy the actor was that played that character. He as you said was very different to Shep but still very memorable. He was sexy in DC too, although of course he played a creep. It does show however as everyone has said how versatile he is because all three characters were very different from each other. Next week the Providence episodes that he was in are going to be on so I am very much looking forward to seeing how he comes across in those. I am also going to see if I can rent Thought Crimes and Farewell to Harry at some point.

I didn't see him as a creep in DC. He backed off as soon as he realized how young she was. Jen let it go as far as he did and he wasn't a jerk about it. Dang he was SEXY in that though. THe kissing and her touching his mouth. GUH

I'm dying to see him in CSI cause he was such a creep

Comment

I didn't see him as a creep in DC. He backed off as soon as he realized how young she was. Jen let it go as far as he did and he wasn't a jerk about it. Dang he was SEXY in that though. THe kissing and her touching his mouth. GUH
                  It's years since I saw the episodes he was in so my memory probably isn't serving me that well as to his character's behaviour. I do recall how sexy he was though.

Comment

I got my Farewell To Harry sitting looking at me - a very young looking Joe on the cover - gorgeous of course!!! I got it Saturday and have not yet had a chance to watch it!!!!!

Anyway, 4 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Salty... you must tell us all about it when you see it...

It hasn't come to my end of the universe yet...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                        I got my Farewell To Harry sitting looking at me - a very young looking Joe on the cover - gorgeous of course!!! I got it Saturday and have not yet had a chance to watch it!!!!!

Anyway, 4 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Mine should be here Monday. That movie was made just a couple years ago, wasn't it? Course Joe looks about 30 now so...LOL
                        And in FAMILY ALBUM he was like 26/27 and he looked about 20 in that. Lucky man. Lucky us! LOL

God didn't he ROCK in THE EYE?

Comment

I'm dying to see him in CSI cause he was such a creep
                          Yeah I agree. I didn't see him as a creep. He honestly didn't think Jen was a teenager. And yes very Sexy...

On CSI:Miami...yes major creep there, but very hot creep...

and I haven't got my copy of "Farewell" yet...probably next week.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Yeah I agree. I didn't see him as a creep. He honestly didn't think Jen was a teenager. And yes very Sexy...

On CSI:Miami...yes major creep there, but very hot creep...

and I haven't got my copy of "Farewell" yet...probably next week.
                            I can't wait to see CSI repeat that ep. I saw the screen caps. HOT

And how AWESOME was SHEP in THE EYE? Loved him. It was creepy how different he was. And, once again, with very little dialogue Joe was amazing.

And he looked good doing it. Loved the roll he did before he faced off with Kolya at the gate.

Just like I love the roll/jump he does over the railing in STORM. You can tell it's him when you watch the slow mo. Couldn't be easy in all that gear. Course you know he landed on a mat then did the fall and up, but still. He's a good tumbler.

Comment

Very nice, I like this one the best.

Thank You!

Comment

I saw the Behind the Stargate: Secrets Revealed again last night. This time a taped it. It was just so much fun to watch.

One of my favorite moments was when Joe Flanigan's wife calls. Here's how it went.....

Flanigan: I have a call. It say's no caller ID. Shall I answer that?

Interviewer: Yeah

Flanigan: Hello? Hello? Oh hi sweetie! I'm good, how are you? But guess what? I'm in the middle of an on camera interview. 'I still have to listen' Yes, but I have to call you back about this point. No, because I have to call you back, because I'm literally on air in a camera interview.

Flanigan: Yeah, so secrets revealed. You just got a secret that was revealed.

Interviewer: You're not single and available.

Flanigan: Yeah. Don't tell my wife.

Aw.....I thought that was just so sweet.
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X