Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fair_nymph
    Joe would be an awesome adventure/action hero in the movies. But honestly, I like him more in TV, because then I get to see more of his characters in the long term.
    Good point!! If he was in the movies, we'd see him every 2 years! This way we see him weekly ~ except for those darned droughts!!!

Thanks for the pics! I've been out of town for the last 2 days (got to see my 10-year-old niece dance in the Nutcracker!) so I needed a fix!!

Hmm, sculptured lips - *smack*
    sigpic
    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
      He was born to be kissing...anyone. All the time. And having watched him kissing in a few shows, he's GOOOOD at it. <Thud>
      *quietly volunteers*
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Joe belongs in Movies. He's got the big screen charisma and talent to burn. He doesn't just play a character he becomes him. And he doesn't just say a line, he gives it meaning. Hell...even when he doesn't say a word he speaks volumes. And he is better looking. We need a new generation AMERICANIZED version of James Bond. We need more Indiana Jones adventure type heros. Joe is perfect.
        While I agree that JF would make a great action adventure hero a la The Storm or The Eye... I think he resembles a younger Alec Baldwin more than he does Harrison Ford. That suave manner is unmistakable.

Compare:
        http://www.konary.com/alec/gal3/g1alec4.html
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

You know, I was watching The Hunt for Red October the other day (for fic research, ironically), and thought the same thing! I think the difference is that John is more like Han Solo or Indiana Jones, but Joe definitely looks more like Alec Baldwin.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

I've always liked TV actors better than movie actors because that way I get to see them every week in many, many more storylines than they could ever participate in with movies. And I grow more attached. Now, would I love to see JF in a movie, heck yeah! But I want my Sheppy, too! Yup, he's hot. And the personality totally does it in for me, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              You know, I was watching The Hunt for Red October the other day (for fic research, ironically), and thought the same thing! I think the difference is that John is more like Han Solo or Indiana Jones, but Joe definitely looks more like Alec Baldwin.
              I'm glad I'm not imagining things... phew...
              Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of The Hunt for Red October... great film...

Yeah, I do know what you mean about Sheppard being an Indiana Jones... the same brash exterior, wry sense of humour in the face of danger and that coup de grace grin.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                I'm glad I'm not imagining things... phew...
                Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of The Hunt for Red October... great film...

Yeah, I do know what you mean about Sheppard being an Indiana Jones... the same brash exterior, wry sense of humour in the face of danger and that coup de grace grin.
                Heehee. Sheppard was actually watching the movie in the scene I was writing. It's one of my favorite movies.

And GUH! The grin! Though it's not so lop-sided as Harrison Ford's grin. JF, however, would make a more convincing Jack Ryan than Ford did, I think, and MUCH better than Ben Affleck. *gags* I can just imagine him in the famous "Some things in here don't react well to bullets" scene, while I can't so much with Ford.
                Last edited by Melyanna; 19 December 2004, 10:25 PM. Reason: Clarity.
                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Heehee. Sheppard was actually watching the movie in the scene I was writing. It's one of my favorite movies.

And GUH! The grin! Though it's not so lop-sided as Harrison Ford's grin. JF, however, would make a more convincing Jack Ryan than Ford did, I think, and MUCH better than Ben Affleck. *gags* I can just imagine him in the famous "Some things in here don't react well to bullets" scene, while I can't so much with Ford.
                  Absolutely... absolutely... Harrison Ford was a tad old for the part I thought. I didn't mind him but still think that Alec Baldwin was a much better Jack Ryan. Right age... more in character... I didn't bother with the Ben Affleck turn... couldn't imagine it more than I can imagine Brad Pitt as Archilles. Sorry.
                  Yes, JF as Jack Ryan... what an inspired thought! Someone should suggest it to the TPTB that make the Jack Ryan films... Joe's probably the better actor too. I would go and watch the next film if Joe's in it and with the legion of fans that he has already garnered with Atlantis... he would be a great choice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Guh Guh and GUH! He is the man of a thousand faces. All more gorgeous than the last. I love that Joe never just goes with a blank stare like so many others do. Every look, every moment means something. And his lips are killing me. GUH! That sculptured upper lip and lush lower one. He was born to be kissing...anyone. All the time. And having watched him kissing in a few shows, he's GOOOOD at it. <Thud>
                    So you like the lips then?

Comment

*quietly volunteers*
                      Gah! Stop it! I've got to write a kissing scene, and I'm having difficulties concentrating on my real work and stop myself running to write the fic...

Comment

I don't care much for any of the Baldwins. They are nice eye candy, but they don't have "it". Know what I mean? Guess you can say "it" is charisma - something you can't explain but some have it and some don't.

Harrison Ford had "it" when he was younger. Brad Pitt has "it" - sometimes (but definitely not in Troy, which was terrible miscasting). Tom Hanks has big-time "it" (he isn't that good looking to me, but I can't help but love him to death!).

JF obviously has "it". That boy is definitely nice to stare at, but he has something else that would make you notice him, even if he didn't have the looks.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Sigh. So many words, so little pics
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Aww, come on, we're trying to sound intelligent in our thunking. Some people have actually succeeded.

...what am I thinking?

An oldie, but a goodie.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Sheppard is definately a hottie! Totally different than MS -- in which parts are sexy. Sheppard is lean, has that funky cook hair, a cute mouth and a great personality. He can be innocent and cocky. I like when he's in take charge mode. MS, of course, is hot and looks great in tight tee shirts and has the best lower lip around! Plus those eys --- sigh
                              It's great to have these hot guys in 2 different shows -- add Ben B and the airwaves will sizzle!!! I sure hope Sheppard puts in an appearance on SG1 or vice versa -- that would be a dream!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
                                Sheppard is definately a hottie! Totally different than MS -- in which parts are sexy. Sheppard is lean, has that funky cook hair, a cute mouth and a great personality. He can be innocent and cocky. I like when he's in take charge mode. MS, of course, is hot and looks great in tight tee shirts and has the best lower lip around! Plus those eys --- sigh
                                It's great to have these hot guys in 2 different shows -- add Ben B and the airwaves will sizzle!!! I sure hope Sheppard puts in an appearance on SG1 or vice versa -- that would be a dream!!!!
                                But how many of us would survive the thunk fest?
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X