Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
    Sorry about your day. I know what it's like to have to work around someone like that. The good news is you'll get to move along to another area soon and maybe your wonderfully happy bounciness will brighten the lives of those the others drag down. *hugs*
    I do my week in phlebotomy starting Monday. That will be fun, I think...
    I hope it gets better. I have to spend 11 weeks total in the chemistry/urinalysis area...maybe it will get better once I'm more experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      I do my week in phlebotomy starting Monday. That will be fun, I think...
      I hope it gets better. I have to spend 11 weeks total in the chemistry/urinalysis area...maybe it will get better once I'm more experienced.
      Fun, yeah, right, go with that.

Handling real instruments, equipment, and samples is a little different than what they give you in school. There's definitely a start up learning curve when you get into a real clinical area but I know you'll be up to speed quick.
      John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
      sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
      Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Fun, yeah, right, go with that.

Handling real instruments, equipment, and samples is a little different than what they give you in school. There's definitely a start up learning curve when you get into a real clinical area but I know you'll be up to speed quick.
        Spoiler:

I actually learn much faster in the lab than in the classroom. It makes more sense there. And we've been doing such basic stuff, like specimen processing, HCG test, osmolarity tests, ionized calcium, etc. I had a long walk through explanation by one of the program directors yesterday about how to work the large instruments and I was to the point where I understood which tests went where and why and how to load them and get the machine going. I'm always asking questions, but I'm usually right. The grumpy one went off on me this morning for trying to do something that I did most of yesterday without problems. I dunno, I figure myself to be a fairly intelligent person, and I don't like being treated like I'm not able to do what I've been taught. I know the techs are more experienced that I am, its my second week in the lab. But I'm not going to learn if they don't let me start on things and work under supervision. I'm a fast learner, but only if I can do it myself. The information this year seems much slower paced that what I'm used to, even if there is a lot to learn.

Comment

Spoiler:

I actually learn much faster in the lab than in the classroom. It makes more sense there. And we've been doing such basic stuff, like specimen processing, HCG test, osmolarity tests, ionized calcium, etc. I had a long walk through explanation by one of the program directors yesterday about how to work the large instruments and I was to the point where I understood which tests went where and why and how to load them and get the machine going. I'm always asking questions, but I'm usually right. The grumpy one went off on me this morning for trying to do something that I did most of yesterday without problems. I dunno, I figure myself to be a fairly intelligent person, and I don't like being treated like I'm not able to do what I've been taught. I know the techs are more experienced that I am, its my second week in the lab. But I'm not going to learn if they don't let me start on things and work under supervision. I'm a fast learner, but only if I can do it myself. The information this year seems much slower paced that what I'm used to, even if there is a lot to learn.
          Spoiler:
          I'm very much of the "see one, do one, teach one" training method. You definitely learn a lot more by having hands on yourself. You also learn a lot by making mistakes. That's what I always tell people. Just don't keep repeating the same mistake over and over.
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            I'm very much of the "see one, do one, teach one" training method. You definitely learn a lot more by having hands on yourself. You also learn a lot by making mistakes. That's what I always tell people. Just don't keep repeating the same mistake over and over.
            Yeah, I've definitely made mistakes. Nothing huge, but I always try to get it right the next time. I like the tech who's been teaching me most days. She shows me how to do it, then the next time talks me through it while I handle everything, then trusts me to do it on my own the next time. I always have lots of questions or talk through it with myself as I go, but that's how I learn. I guess if people's learning/teaching styles don't match up, things can get frustrating.

Comment

I'm going to take my sneezey, sniffley self, two prescribed clones, some fanfics and snuggle down early.

Sweet Dreams!

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to take my sneezey, sniffley self, two prescribed clones, some fanfics and snuggle down early.

Sweet Dreams!
                Goodnight Taris! Thanks for being a sounding board. *hugs*

Comment

Thanks for the clips and gifs, Taris

Sorry about your day, Grace *hugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MSusy View Post
                    Thanks for the clips and gifs, Taris

Sorry about your day, Grace *hugs*
                    Thanks Susy. How are you?

Comment

Thanks Susy. How are you?
                      I'm good, not stressing out too much...yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MSusy View Post
                        I'm good, not stressing out too much...yet.
                        Well that's a good thing.

Comment

Well that's a good thing.
                          Hehe, true. Must enjoy it while I can.

sigpic

Comment

Hello thunkers if anyones here
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Lady - just woken up, looking around ... hello world
                              sigpic

Comment

Having a good morning?
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X