Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Heeee - counting the days, oh dear! I was still thinking of it in terms of "one month tomorrow" but now you've got me viewing it in terms of actual days too!
    Yes, I've got it that bad...
    We are already so excited one month before the S3 premiere, can you imagine what it's going to be like on July 14th?

Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      I have absolutely no problem with discussion of any aspect of a character. If someone has something negative to say about a character, let it be said, but for crying out loud, give back up to it.

What is do have a problem with is unfounded hatred of my favourite character - bashing without any reasoning whatsoever. Which is what 95% of negativity about Sheppard seems to be.

Even more, I have a problem with people who's character bashing bleeds into actor bashing. If people want to call Sheppard a 'slut' and a 'whore', I'm beyond even defending it. It just makes me think 'whatever'. However, if you are going to step to me with comments like 'Joe Flanigan is cheating on his wife' (yes, someone did come to me and say that to back up an argument) then you best be ready for what you g'on get.

The other thing that really ticks me off his how personal the whole slagging issue has become. People can't stop at a character. They have to go the whole nine yards - character, actor AND fans. I resent my intelligence and anything else about me being brought into question over a fictional TV show. To be honest, the harrassment, the off-quoting to LiveJournals and various other stuff really pisses me off. This is the first fandom board I've participated in that even stands for that kind of behaviour. If you got caught off-quoting and harrassing people, even away from the forum, in my old fandom, you'd get warned, then banned. Attacking people like that, to me, is just gobsh*te behaviour of the highest order. I will not be dragged into giving response to it any more. I stay in here and in whump, and I totally ignore it. To respond is only to pour petrol on their bonfires...I prefer to piss on them...

[mod snip] has made it its business to harrass both the Sheyla shippers AND the JFT for as long as I can remember - with such w**kery as saying that both this thread, the whump one and the Sheyla ones are for those with lower intelligence. I actually find it disturbing that these people [mod snip] with a male character so many of them obviously hate, and that when they aren't doing that, they spend so much time on being negative about others. And further to that, they have the barefaced cheek to disparage John Sheppard with comments like "He's not the kind of role model I'd like for my kid". Fair enough, but of course YOUR behaviour towards others is setting your child a fine example...

Here's a clue - I spend my time on something I ENJOY, not being hateful and malicious. So who's the intelligent one???
      Yikes, I had no idea that these kind of statements had been made about Sheppard or fans. Yes these are definitely over the top and best ignored but I would probably give them a run for their money if I came across some of the above statements.

How can anyone not like the guy. He is gorgeous, charming, intelligent, nice and a great actor. What more could anyone want.

Thanks to everyone for all the lovely photos - I have the promo picture of him on my desktop, and what a lovely sight that is to see first thing in the morning.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
        Is that what it was? I think the Atlantis ones look so much more real and natural.

Yeah...there were a few weren't there!
        I agree. The Atlantis promo shots we've seen this year so far don't look photo-shopped like last years piccies did. They are absolutely fantastic, I think. The SG1 piccies aren't as good, IMO, and do look a little 'fake'. I suppose I just feel the Atlantis piccies have that edge back in them again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          I think it will be individual promo shots too, and if our boy is in the leather jacket, I'm not sure my computer screen will be able to survive!
          I'm still desperate for CG pics, but I think we may have to wait a little for those, unfortunately.
          Leather jacket... Hmmm, maybe I should put pillows around my chair, just in case...
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
            Leather jacket... Hmmm, maybe I should put pillows around my chair, just in case...
            Sounds like a sensible idea. I like a girl who is always prepared!
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a sensible idea. I like a girl who is always prepared!
              Well, I was a Girl Scout so I'm always prepared!

Comment

Comment

Flo, you're getting really close to 3,000, just a few more posts...
                  You done any more of your delicious capping?
                  sigpic

Comment

Flo, you're getting really close to 3,000, just a few more posts...
                    You done any more of your delicious capping?
                    I saw that...
                    No, no more capping. But I've still got plenty of caps I've not posted yet.

Since I'm on the Rising page of my PB album...

ETA : Almost 3000 posts, and I wrote 2099 posts just in this thread! My sig doesn't lie!
                    Last edited by florence; 13 June 2006, 12:34 AM.

Comment

ETA : Almost 3000 posts, and I wrote 2099 posts just in this thread! My sig doesn't lie!
                      Hey, if you're gonna be an addict... thunking for JF/Shep is a great thing to be addicted to!
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw that...
                        No, no more capping. But I've still got plenty of caps I've not posted yet.

Since I'm on the Rising page of my PB album...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...ng/ris_194.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...ng/ris_208.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...ng/ris_226.jpg

And we love every cap you post. Thanks so much for feeding <i>our</i> addiction. Is it just me or does Shep look even hotter when he's all ticked off and intense? *thud*

Comment

Mornin All

Comment

Originally posted by HelenT
                            And we love every cap you post. Thanks so much for feeding <i>our</i> addiction. Is it just me or does Shep look even hotter when he's all ticked off and intense? *thud*
                            Oh no! It's not just you. His intense/dark/passionate/angry looks are wonderful. Him at his best, IMO
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                                Hey, if you're gonna be an addict... thunking for JF/Shep is a great thing to be addicted to!

Originally posted by HelenT
                                You're welcome
                                No, it's not just you. He really looks hotter when he's intense...

Although he looks hot when he's bored too...

Or when he smiles...

Or... well, you got my point!

One for the multi-thunkers

Comment

Working...
                                X