Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Athena thanks for those caps.

Man does he look sexy in them.
    I love the smile in pic 4 but pic 3 is my favourite, the combination of the messy hair and the doleful expression.. thunk!
    ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
    FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Doleful expression in Picture 3 is Joe's character having writer's block.

I sure must of us writers have that moment. Only we don't look at sexy as him...at least I know i'm not.
      ~Athena

Comment

Those pics are fabulous, Athena...

When was the film made?... he looks quite young in a couple of them...

What a beautiful man... I'm with Esther... No. 3 and 4 are my favourites too. Is that an ancient typewriter in photo 4?

Thanks muchly Athena...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Okay, are there actually any shots of him wearing that fedora? I know we've had a big discussion about this man and hats, but, well, I have a thing about men in fedoras.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Your wish is my command...

Rodney: . . .and furthermore, MY thunk thread is just as popular as yours!
            Shep: Dream on Rodney!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Love the "Harry" caps Athena!

Oh dear. .just noticed my previous post was #666.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                Is that an ancient typewriter in photo 4?
                Yes, apparently the movie is set in the late 1960s I think. Hence the old manual typewriters. I don't think they ever specified when the story took place exactly. But I assume late 1960s since Spencer Tracy is suppose to be dead.

Originally posted by Melyanna
                Okay, are there actually any shots of him wearing that fedora? I know we've had a big discussion about this man and hats, but, well, I have a thing about men in fedoras.
                Yes, he does wear the fedora, and looks quite sexy in it too.

Too bad he only wears it in one scene. I guess he likes to have his messy hair hat free.

~Athena

Comment

WOW!!! i always come back having missed lots!!! athena, i lovepics 2 and 3 personally... but those are all adorable and he does look nice in that hat... despite covering his lovely hair

as you can see i made a sig out of that pic from brotherhood couldn't resist!!!

Comment

So what's the plot of the movie. It looks really interesting from the caps you posted!

I actually began my writing on paper with pen (talk about writer's cramp), then my mom got me an electric typewriter, and I thought it was the bomb because it was self-correcting LOL! *sigh* those were the days!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                      Yes, he does wear the fedora, and looks quite sexy in it too.

Too bad he only wears it in one scene. I guess he likes to have his messy hair hat free.

*thunk* Though really, he should have the front of the brim snapped down...

Yes, ladies, I care too much about hats. It's a family thing.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                        So what's the plot of the movie. It looks really interesting from the caps you posted!

I actually began my writing on paper with pen (talk about writer's cramp), then my mom got me an electric typewriter, and I thought it was the bomb because it was self-correcting LOL! *sigh* those were the days!

well i can't think unless i'm writing on paper (if i'm writing stories that is )... dunno why... sitting in front of a computer lowers the inspiration level significantly i guess

Comment

oohhhh those are very nice piccys
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve

The basic plot of the movie is about a writer, Nick (Joe), who goes back to his old home town to try to write a novel.

While he's in his hometown trying to find inspiration for his novel he befriends the town eccentric name Harry who owns a run-down hat factory. The movie is bascially the two of them trying to restore the hat factory back to it's glory days when like it was when Harry was a little boy.
                            ~Athena

Comment

hmmm... sounds pretty boring, but if joe's one of the two main characters!! ok, where can i get said film???

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                hmmm... sounds pretty boring, but if joe's one of the two main characters!! ok, where can i get said film???
                                Well...its not your typical action packed film. It's a touching story about a friendship between an eccentric and a writer.

I personally enjoyed it. It's nice to see Joe doing a movie in a different genre. If you're looking for action, you'd probably not want to see this.

The movie just came out on DVD this year, so you can find it online or any store...at least in the US.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X