Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    OT for a moment - chronic ear infections are frequently a sign of a food allergy.
    I should have clarified- her kids got viral ear infections and common colds all the time; the kind they won't give you antibiotics for

Food allergies run rampant in my husband's family, but not in mine, thank goodness I like to eat too much and wouldn't want my diet limited in ANY way, unless by choice.

Oiks are still passed out BTW. Not sure what to do with myself...

"C'mon, you know exactly what you'd like to be doing. Nobody's gonna fall for that crap."
    Sig by Camy

Comment

Aww Trippy! Not sure how strep throat translates to spanish, it might be what we call angina (nothing to do with the chest!) Sore throat, swollen tonsils sometimes with red or white spots. Hubby and kids get it all the time. I would recommend you my nose/ear/throat gorgeous shepalike doc (not VERY shepalike but enough to make him thunkable material). Hope they get better soon!

Comment

Ummm girls? You the brit ones? Care to explain WTF is chav?

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
          Ummm girls? You the brit ones? Care to explain WTF is chav?
          I'd kinda like to know also...

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

yea, please explain what chav is
            sigpic

Comment

Isn't chav a sort of low-class girl? Not a prostitute, just someone lacking in class?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Trippy, hope your kids get well soon. I hate it when my oiks are ill, I'd much rather be ill myself than see them suffer!
                Chav ....... mmmm... Chav's are a certain class of people who are only interested in showing off a certain flashy type of designer label. They normally wear very 'in-your-face' types of designer clothes and accessories, which say, 'hey I can afford this designer stuff' More often than not it's fake. Usually the stuff is kind of gaudy and not very classy. They are often a bit 'rough', ie ignorant and not the kind of people you'd want to be around, coz they might just beat you up! Chav culture is normally associated with younger people. God, I sound condescending and snobby, but that's the politest way I can describe it. Chav is a very negative description of someone. They tend to wear Burberry , Fred Perry, etc...
                Beanie might explain it better!
                sigpic

Comment

your guess is as good as mine FP
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Trippy, hope your kids get well soon. I hate it when my oiks are ill, I'd much rather be ill myself than see them suffer!
                    Chav ....... mmmm... Chav's are a certain class of people who are only interested in showing off a certain flashy type of designer label. They normally wear very 'in-your-face' types of designer clothes and accessories, which say, 'hey I can afford this designer stuff' More often than not it's fake. Usually the stuff is kind of gaudy and not very classy. They are often a bit 'rough', ie ignorant and not the kind of people you'd want to be around, coz they might just beat you up! Chav culture is normally associated with younger people. God, I sound condescending and snobby, but that's the politest way I can describe it. Chav is a very negative description of someone. They tend to wear Burberry , Fred Perry, etc...
                    Ahhh. . VALLEY GIRLS!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

There's not really an easy way to explain what a chav is, or what it means...so you can draw your own from this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav - especially since a lot of the things that make a chav would be quite insulting to Joe...however, insults notwithstanding, one chav characteristic is wearing label-name clothes (specifically Burberry and Fred Perry) - thus the association...

I suppose the nearest US term would be trailer trash...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                        I was resisting the temptation to say that it began as a southern phenomenon...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                          There's not really an easy way to explain what a chav is, or what it means...so you can draw your own from this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav - especially since a lot of the things that make a chav would be quite insulting to Joe...however, insults notwithstanding, one chav characteristic is wearing label-name clothes (specifically Burberry and Fred Perry) - thus the association...

I suppose the nearest US term would be trailer trash...
                          Ok. I kinda get it. Thanks!

Spoiler:
                          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Shep's happy for me because I just got off the phone with Dell and they told me my new monitor has shipped! Wooooooooot!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                              Ok. I kinda get it. Thanks!
                              No problem!

Wow, talk about re-use of sets...that round building in 'Comdemned' that they walk through was just on 'The 4400'...

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                                I was resisting the temptation to say that it began as a southern phenomenon...
                                Quite true though!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X