• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strep sucks

hope your kids get better soon Trippy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      That's a novel approach to discipline if ever I saw one...

Hope the oiks are feeling better in time for xmas...not too soon though, a mother needs her peace and quiet to thunk... (J/K btw)
      Oh, yes, I'm full of novel approaches...

Both the kids have birthdays at Christmas, so it's always hectic- that's what babysitters are for

My son's K teacher actually was out for two days last week with Strep, and two other kids in his class had it according to the mommy's grapevine. My little one never gets sick, so he's having a particularly hard time with it.

"I don't feel so hot..."
      Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
        Oh, yes, I'm full of novel approaches...

Both the kids have birthdays at Christmas, so it's always hectic- that's what babysitters are for

My son's K teacher actually was out for two days last week with Strep, and two other kids in his class had it according to the mommy's grapevine. My little one never gets sick, so he's having a particularly hard time with it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...oe/209_032.jpg
        "I don't feel so hot..."
        Birthdays at Xmas...nice present for you...saves you having to do loads of different types of shopping...

I had the nasties so many times in my youth... *recalls the 2 year almost non-stop bout of Tonsilitis*

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

well in honor of my psychology class topic today (we are starting the sexuality chappy) and i have to leave in like 10 minutes....how about a pic like this

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
            Love the curlers! Remember back in the late 70s when it was the style for men to get those perms. The ones with the tight curls? Wonder what our Shep would look like with all those curls? Adorkable or ridiculous?

Comment

Birthdays at Xmas...nice present for you...saves you having to do loads of different types of shopping...

I had the nasties so many times in my youth... *recalls the 2 year almost non-stop bout of Tonsilitis*
              It WAS NOT planned that way, I swear! I shop throughout the year, actually. The presents come in the mail, then they go into the attic crawlspace where the monsters live, so the kids don't know they're in the house

My kids were never in daycare or around other little kids too much when they were small, so they didn't get sick very often, even if I was sick. When we came down here I joined playgroups, they got sick more often, but not THAT often. My sister's kids got ear infections ALL the time, though

"Oh, man, that sucks."

BTW, I DO NOT really tell my kids we have monsters in the house
              Sig by Camy

Comment

well, i am heading off to class...

later all
                sigpic

Comment

My name's Mer and I don't hate the blue jacket... First, because I like blue on him, and second, because I have no idea what that brand is and I tend to ignore brands. Hey, I shop at stores that have bad reps, but I go where the clothes fit

"Are they still talking about my clothes? Well, at least it distracts them from The Hair..."

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                    My name's Mer and I don't hate the blue jacket... First, because I like blue on him, and second, because I have no idea what that brand is and I tend to ignore brands. Hey, I shop at stores that have bad reps, but I go where the clothes fit

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...204duet_25.jpg

"Are they still talking about my clothes? Well, at least it distracts them from The Hair..."
                    Sheppy, Sheppy, Sheppy, we'll NEVER stop talking about The Hair! We love it too much!

I like blue on him too. That's one reason why they need to have him in Dress Blues!

Spoiler:
                    Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
                      My sister's kids got ear infections ALL the time, though
                      OT for a moment - chronic ear infections are frequently a sign of a food allergy. My son's doc took him completely off dairy products when he was 3 and he has never had an ear or sinus infection since. Milk is a big culprit in creation of excess mucus in sinus/ear/throat cavities (which gives bacteria a lively breeding ground), which is why the doc will always tell you to drink clear liquids and avoid milk when you are ill. Some folks have a sensitivity to the enzymes in milk which creates even more mucus (not to mention tummy troubles).

BTW, I DO NOT really tell my kids we have monsters in the house
                      When my son was little, he asked me why I always figured out what he was up to. I told him I was an alien and did he want to see the third eye I had under my hair on the back of my head? Totally freaked him out and he had nightmares about the "mommy-alien" for months. He also thought twice about "sneakin" stuff.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                        Sheppy, Sheppy, Sheppy, we'll NEVER stop talking about The Hair! We love it too much!

I like blue on him too. That's one reason why they need to have him in Dress Blues!
                        What, you mean other than the fact that they probably didn't BRING any to Atlantis? Although that's kind of a moot point now, isn't it?

*please note above post is very tongue-in-cheek and snarky and not meant to pi$$ anyone off*

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                          Yes.. I think we can all agree on the dress blues

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBel
                            What, you mean other than the fact that they probably didn't BRING any to Atlantis? Although that's kind of a moot point now, isn't it?

*please note above post is very tongue-in-cheek and snarky and not meant to pi$$ anyone off*
                            I know they probably didn't bring any to Atlantis. But a Thunker can wish right?

Becides, the Daedalus is going back and forth to Earth...

Spoiler:

Comment

Dress Blues??? Well that is something blue I like to see on him...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Dress Blues??? Well that is something blue I like to see on him...

I really love this manip!

Well I'm off. Gotta finish my turkey sandwich then scrub a door.

Later!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X