No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the little moments that are hard to sell. Those are the moments alot of actors don't Get. Joe never misses them. He just does so much. Even when he's not the focus of a scene he never looks like he's board or doing his grocery list. He's THERE and supporting whoever is in the scene. He could pull off a scene with an inanimate object but at the same time he's a GIVER with other actors . Giving them stuff to work off of.

What got me about the PAIN in 38 is all the way through he showed Pain and Fear without forgetting .In some shows with that kind of scenario, the actors seem to forget they're supposed to be in pain. Not Joe.

I love how he uses his voice and his facial expressions and his body language.

He's a very graceful guy. Graceful stride even. But I love how in Rising when Teyla was taking him to the caves. She goes down the incline with grace. He stumbles and catches himself. It was a SHEP moment. Just a little thing but perfect.

Joe is just a joy to watch. And it really does feel like he's been SHEP for years. Not just for ten eps.

Comment

And since we are talking about that scene in "Home" (edit: not "38 minutes") where Sheppard is using is brilliant mind to calculate how long it would be to get Rodney by Puddlejumper. I took the liberty to capture the scene.

Enjoy.

gotta love how he has one eyebrow up...it's so cute. *melts into a puddle...again*
      ~Athena

Comment

*big wet sloppy clanger kisses*

I can go to bed very very happy now

*mwah, mwah*
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
          And since we are talking about that scene in "Home" (edit: not "38 minutes") where Sheppard is using is brilliant mind to calculate how long it would be to get Rodney by Puddlejumper. I took the liberty to capture the scene.

Enjoy.

gotta love how he has one eyebrow up...it's so cute. *melts into a puddle...again*
          Lovely picture, Athena. Thank you.

Oh, and here's a question for all of you: Exactly what color are his eyes? Hazel? They seem to vary from scene to scene.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Enjoy.

Oh yeah. That was the moment. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

Oh, and here's a question for all of you: Exactly what color are his eyes? Hazel? They seem to vary from scene to scene.

I believe they're green hazel.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

I was thinking the same thing the other day...I was thinking blue or a blueish-grey. Cuz of this cap i found from "Birds of Prey" But he seems to have the kind of eyes that change depending on what he's wearing. Which makes his eyes so much more mesmerizing to look at.

~Athena

Comment

Enjoy.

Yummy! Where is that gutter slide when you need it? I must say that man inspires some very...um...unPG thoughts!
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    Yummy! Where is that gutter slide when you need it? I must say that man inspires some very...um...unPG thoughts!
                    Oh you should see that one scene in Dawson's creek where he's kissing with one of those kids. My overactive imagination went straight down the gutter chute really quick. I think i'm still dow there too!
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                      Well, you made me pull out my cast photos and photo loupe. And look up "eye color" on the Internet, where I got a good dose of genetics.

When I look at Joe's eyes in my different photos, they have a kind of steel gray base with a brown overlay and a darker brown inner ring around the pupil. Here's the best example I've found on GateWorld. It's from the episode "Underground".

Torri's eyes, who for some reason I thought were blue grayish, actually photograph like Joe's eyes, but with a more even cast. For example, in this photo her eyes look to be bluish but with a brownish cast to them. I wonder if her eyes are considered green?

David's and Paul's eyes are definitely blue, both in my photos and online. But because in this GateWorld photo David was wearing a darker uniform than Paul, David's eyes look darker, which may not be the case in real life.

These are the best photos I've found to check their eye color. They were take with a white background so there are fewer other reflected colors. Of course, this all depends on your monitor's calibration.

Hey, thanks for making me look at all my photos again! Someday I hope to have checked out all their eyes in person! One down (I've met Rachel), 5 to go!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        Well, you made me pull out my cast photos and photo loupe. And look up "eye color" on the Internet, where I got a good dose of genetics.

When I look at Joe's eyes in my different photos, they have a kind of steel gray base with a brown overlay and a darker brown inner ring around the pupil. Here's the best example I've found on GateWorld. It's from the episode "Underground".

Torri's eyes, who for some reason I thought were blue grayish, actually photograph like Joe's eyes, but with a more even cast. For example, in this photo her eyes look to be bluish but with a brownish cast to them. I wonder if her eyes are considered green?

David's and Paul's eyes are definitely blue, both in my photos and online. But because in this GateWorld photo David was wearing a darker uniform than Paul, David's eyes look darker, which may not be the case in real life.

These are the best photos I've found to check their eye color. They were take with a white background so there are fewer other reflected colors. Of course, this all depends on your monitor's calibration.

Hey, thanks for making me look at all my photos again! Someday I hope to have checked out all their eyes in person! One down (I've met Rachel), 5 to go!
                        wow someone was doing their homework!

I hope to one day check their eyes in person as well. *thinks wishfully*
                        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                          What got me about the PAIN in 38 is all the way through he showed Pain and Fear without forgetting .In some shows with that kind of scenario, the actors seem to forget they're supposed to be in pain. Not Joe.

I love how he uses his voice and his facial expressions and his body language.
                          Yes, this. Sometimes I see actors who 'fall out' of a scene, especially when they're in the background and not the focus of the scene right then, but Joe's completely there and in the moment the entire time.

Originally posted by Merlin7
                          He's a very graceful guy. Graceful stride even. But I love how in Rising when Teyla was taking him to the caves. She goes down the incline with grace. He stumbles and catches himself. It was a SHEP moment. Just a little thing but perfect.
                          I adore that scene.

Comment

But he seems to have the kind of eyes that change depending on what he's wearing. Which makes his eyes so much more mesmerizing to look at.
                            It sure does seem like it, and I read the following on one web-site:

/snip/ eyes change color with whatever [they] wear. Sometimes they look green, sometimes blue and sometimes gray.
                            And I read up some more on the 'hazel' definition too, and they're usually flecked with green or grey. I'm gonna go ahead and say, for now, that his eyes are hazel.

And yes, definitely mesmerizing!

Originally posted by watcher652
                            /.../ Hey, thanks for making me look at all my photos again! Someday I hope to have checked out all their eyes in person! One down (I've met Rachel), 5 to go!
                            Great post, watcher. Glad I could inspire you to post the pics!
                            Last edited by Liv; 17 November 2004, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Pic(s) of the Day

Yes...I'm shameless...look at that nice broad back...PG Forum PG Forum PG Forum...
                              ~Athena

Comment

Athena, how could you??
                                Thunk!!

With pictures like that, I may stray away from MS more often
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X