Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    Agreed! I like to stick with the characters as well--doesn't mean I can't like more than one character played by him. As I tell hubs (who thinks that thunking is hilarious), they're not real. What we see on screen is not that person in real life and though I may drool over something that looks good (and boy does he look good )--it's just that, looks. His private life stays private.
    Mr.MC took one look at Atlantis and said "oh, I expect you're drooling after him now... where does he come in the list"

well, after 20 years, what do you expect? he knows me so well
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
      Mr.MC took one look at Atlantis and said "oh, I expect you're drooling after him now... where does he come in the list"

well, after 20 years, what do you expect? he knows me so well
      ROFL!! I get the "eye roll" and the sigh and occasionally a 'whatever'
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
        Pant pant pant!!

Love the skateboard pics! I don't remember that but I was overwhelmed watching - that cute smile and goofy hair

BTW, I lust for Sheppard - Joe Flanigan is hot but I don't know Joe.
        Well, I thunk first and foremost for Sheppard too. The character is what drew me in, in combination with the way that Joe plays him. And the way he plays him is what makes him so attractive to me. And, of course, the hair.

Let's have a picture!

Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
          Let's have a picture!
          What a fantastic idea. Nice one

sigpic

Comment

I lust after whatever character Joe plays. Brendan from Thought Crimes. SHep on SGA. Whatever. I admire Joe muchly. His talent keeps me captivated and he seems as charming as Shep from what I've heard. Just as witty and obviousy intelligent.

So it's all good. I'm insanely jealous of his wife. Lucky woman. Although I wouldn't trade in hubby. But drooling doesn't hurt anyone. And lets face it. Most of the hubbies are drooling over Teyla, or some hot chick that comes on during the commercial breaks! LOL

The Shep/Joe pics on this thread? Yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
              Athenaktt I just want to say that I luv ya for putting this pic up. Its made my day.

Originally posted by Merlin7
              Athenaktt....Thanks for the welcome and YUM to the pic. Joe is so gorgeous.
              You're welcome ladies...believe me it was all my pleasure. ..(aside from having to scan through DC to find scenes he was in

Oh, THUNK!!! Thank you so much for posting that!! (and not making me go get DC--not a big fan of that show either lol) Feel free to cap lots more!
              Well marimba...it's the least i could do for you, since you always come up with those wonderful shipper videos. And I'll definately make more caps

And for love of Joe's acting someones gotta make the sacrifice.

Agreed! I like to stick with the characters as well--doesn't mean I can't like more than one character played by him. As I tell hubs (who thinks that thunking is hilarious), they're not real. What we see on screen is not that person in real life and though I may drool over something that looks good (and boy does he look good )--it's just that, looks. His private life stays private.
              yup yup I agree with marimba!...and of course we respect all our favorite actors/actresses privacy.
              ~Athena

Comment

Hey everybody. If you all have a cool resource for pics, could you post the link to that website? It gives the source their credit, and lets everyone else contiue thunking. I just turn my pictures into hyperlinks.

*Shep and Ford in the Rain*

"Stay positive, now."

Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                  Hey everybody. If you all have a cool resource for pics, could you post the link to that website? It gives the source their credit, and lets everyone else contiue thunking. I just turn my pictures into hyperlinks.

<snippety doo dah>
                  We are usually pretty good a giving credits to our sources when we post pics from other sites. But right now most of the my pics have been caps of my own...and unfortunately I don't have a website up for all these great pictrues...yet.

Anyways enough talk and more Thunking! More from "Dawson's Creek"

and look at that smile!

~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    <snip>
                    and look at that smile!

*marimba melts into puddle of goo on the floor*

...and now back to your regularly scheduled thunking

Comment

And look at his adorable, elvish ears!

and look at that smile!

I'm looking... I'm looking... Help, I can't stop looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                        Oh man! You had to go and mention elves...

*melts into a puddle of pink clanger drool*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

I'm looking... I'm looking... Help, I can't stop looking!
                          Yes! how I could I forget his elvish looking ears?!

hehe...i can't stop looking either, and I posted up the pictures! ...*THUNK THUD!*
                          ~Athena

Comment

Well, I finally made it over to this thread. You guys are too much! Alas, I see my timing is totally off since I seem to have missed the repeats of all of Joe's other work.

One of my fave moments to show that Joe never forgets to be IN the scene and IN the moment. In HOME when everyone is talking around him, Rodney is going on about what he'd have to do to the gate or whatever. And Sheppard is calculating the years it would take to go and rescue ROdney in the Jumper. Watch Joe's/Shep's face. You can tell he's calculating in his head and in that moment has detached himself from the conversation. Then he jumps back in with the answer. It's priceless.
                            What was so funny to me is that when they showed that shot of Sheppard staring off into space, I knew immediately he was calculating something.

That scene was great for Sheppard/McKay banter. Because McKay knew from Rising that Sheppard could calculate those numbers, I loved how there was no stunned reaction from McKay like the first time Sheppard came up with a calculation. When Sheppard tells McKay it would take them 840 years to get him by Puddle Jumper, McKay just comes back with "But you would do that, right?"

Or in HOME when his DEAD buddies show up. His reactions when he opens the door and after he lets them in are superb.
                            If I had to pick a scene that really made Sheppard's character "real" for me, it would be that moment in "Home" after he lets his buddies in and he closes the door and leans back against it. The pain and sorrow in his eyes was so real. Although I didn't know at the time that these two people were dead, I knew that there was an incredible sadness associated with them. Thank goodness there was a commercial break after that scene, because it literally took my breath away and I needed some time to process what I saw.

While Sheppard's pain in "Thirty Eight Minutes" was very real, it's the quiet moments that are the hardest to sell. Joe did a suberb job in that one moment in "Home."

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              Well, I finally made it over to this thread. You guys are too much!
                              Good to see you in this here thread, watcher.

What was so funny to me is that when they showed that shot of Sheppard staring off into space, I knew immediately he was calculating something.
                              I had to go watch that scene, because I hadn't really noticed that, but you're right, he does seem to be calculating, doesn't he?

While Sheppard's pain in "Thirty Eight Minutes" was very real, it's the quiet moments that are the hardest to sell. Joe did a suberb job in that one moment in "Home."
                              He really is an extraordinary actor. Brad Wright mentioned in the Atlantis Preview how he's such a smart actor and how he adds these little things and extra layers into the scenes on his own, and it's so very true. I feel like there have been a couple of seasons of Flanigan playing Sheppard already, because he really 'gets' the character and he's done such a wonderful job of bringing him to life after only half a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                                <snip>He really is an extraordinary actor. Brad Wright mentioned in the Atlantis Preview how he's such a smart actor and how he adds these little things and extra layers into the scenes on his own, and it's so very true. I feel like there have been a couple of seasons of Flanigan playing Sheppard already, because he really 'gets' the character and he's done such a wonderful job of bringing him to life after only half a season.
                                Very true. An excellent actor. Such subtlety after so little time--a testament to his talent I think!

Comment

Working...
                                X