Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Teyla/Ronon had be a baked potato would the team treat them any different?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the writers are capable of understanding the complexities of Baked Potatoes. They have admitted that they love writing for Rodney and find it difficult writing for the other characters. Now giving them the added burden of adding Baked Potatoes to the cast it would tax their ablities as writers and we wouldn't get the Ronan Baked potatoe character development he deserves. Expecting them to understand the emotional needs of a female Baked Potatoe would be too much to ask for so we would probably find that Rodney would eat the Teyla Baked Potato as this would be the best way for the writers to incorporate Rodney into the story.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I don't think the writers are capable of understanding the complexities of Baked Potatoes. They have admitted that they love writing for Rodney and find it difficult writing for the other characters. Now giving them the added burden of adding Baked Potatoes to the cast it would tax their ablities as writers and we wouldn't get the Ronan Baked potatoe character development he deserves. Expecting them to understand the emotional needs of a female Baked Potatoe would be too much to ask for so we would probably find that Rodney would eat the Teyla Baked Potato as this would be the best way for the writers to incorporate Rodney into the story.
      Or Shep could hide the Teyla Potato in his room.....
      sigpic
      Thanks to Potions_Mistress for the sig!

Comment

Maybe the Teyla baked potato would have some sticks growing out of her and she'd slap Rodney's finger while he is trying to eat her. A Rodney vs. baked potato fight would ensue and we'd all have the action a SciFi show needs.

Or maybe the Teyla and Ronon baked potato can somehow transform Shep and Weir into baked potatoes and we'd have the "Rodney McKay and his brave baked potatoes" show...
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Well, I think the constant nibbling on such hot team members by others could be a potential problem....especailly if said potatoes are dripping in melted butter.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
            Maybe the Teyla baked potato would have some sticks growing out of her and she'd slap Rodney's finger while he is trying to eat her. A Rodney vs. baked potato fight would ensue and we'd all have the action a SciFi show needs.
            Very well said - I have always wanted a Rodney/Teyla baked potato sparring scene. Great potential there.

Or maybe the Teyla and Ronon baked potato can somehow transform Shep and Weir into baked potatoes and we'd have the "Rodney McKay and his brave baked potatoes" show...

Yes another great possibility -
            Spoiler:
            an ancient baked potato transformation device is discovered in the city and we have Shep and Weir baked patotoes trying to ascend. This will give the writers a wonderful opportunity to give us some emotional whumpage, but then its discovered that the device cannot rewrite the DNA of baked potatoes putting both Shep and Weir in grave danger.
            Oh the angst potential.
            sigpic

Comment

No, no, no--I've got it. We combine them ALL. In one, massively cool episode, Rodney and his brave potatoes fight the Wraith, fight each other, nibble on each other (and end up in the infirmary when they poke their eyes out ) .... And then we get Ancient potatoes dropping in to make a mess of things! Will our heroes be mashed? Tune in 6 months later (if you're a slave to Skiffy's schedule) to find out!
              sigpic

Comment

The ideas in this thread are hilarious!! I'm having so much fun!
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Okay, so let me get this right……The Wraith look weird because they have scury, a vitamin c deficiency disease, and they drain the potatoes of their vitamin c, but the vitamin b is just a plus? So are oranges in danger too? Is that what Zelenka is? *sighs* I’m confused.

Oh by the way, I haven’t seen many veggies in the military, but they seem to be pretty partial to nuts (that’s why I separated).

Comment

Lmao.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
                      Okay, so let me get this right……The Wraith look weird because they have scury, a vitamin c deficiency disease, and they drain the potatoes of their vitamin c, but the vitamin b is just a plus? So are oranges in danger too? Is that what Zelenka is? *sighs* I’m confused.

Oh by the way, I haven’t seen many veggies in the military, but they seem to be pretty partial to nuts (that’s why I separated).
                      I think the Wraith are Vitamin D deficient, too, (blacklights on the ship, dontcha know) which is why they chase the potatoes through sunny fields....

Zelenka is a peach.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Some people will say that a cooked vegetable can't be part of an SG team but I think that's just plain narrowminded and racist. If Ronon or Teyla had been a baked potato do you think Sheppard would of let them on his team?

Alot of people are saying they couldn't join because:
                        1) Rodney would eat them
                        2) Vegetables aren't allowed in the military
                        3) The writers wouldn't dare go there

What are your thoughts?*

* may be spoof thread
                        ROFL! Great!

Originally posted by audreysmagic View Post

Gods, I love silly threads.
                        Me three!

To get back on topic, do you think it would be different if they were not, say, a potato but instead squash?
                        *wonders if use of the word "squash" will bring the whumpers in droves*
                        Consideration needs to be given to type of potato as well - russet has a high starch content and bakes well, but crumbles under pressure or...

yukon gold or new potato type - not as much starch, thus hold themselves together under pressure

in summary, and after heavy pondering ... ronan and teyla, as potatoes would be allowed on team if they had low starch content hee hee

LMAO!

I also think potato backstory could present a problem, too much dirt for a PG show, not enough light to shed on the subject...

The potato backstory closely approximates the mushroom backstory and in some ways parallels the life of a fan.. you know, kept in the dark and fed B**S

No, no, no--I've got it. We combine them ALL. In one, massively cool episode, Rodney and his brave potatoes fight the Wraith, fight each other, nibble on each other (and end up in the infirmary when they poke their eyes out ) .... And then we get Ancient potatoes dropping in to make a mess of things! Will our heroes be mashed? Tune in 6 months later (if you're a slave to Skiffy's schedule) to find out!
                        Potato salad! Yummy!

Heehee thanks again for the laugh everyone!
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

depends on whether they're yanks or brits

if shep is a yank, he'd put butter, sour cream, cheese, broccoli and bacon bits on them

if he was a brit, then it'd be tuna, corn or maybe this prawn salad thing
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            depends on whether they're yanks or brits

if shep is a yank, he'd put butter, sour cream, cheese, broccoli and bacon bits on them

if he was a brit, then it'd be tuna, corn or maybe this prawn salad thing
                            This thread is making me hungry....
                            sigpic

Comment

me too

gimme a nice big steak to go with my jacket potato
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's making me kinda nauseous actually. Bacon bits and sour cream? Yeuch!

Comment

Working...
                                X